women only???

sixwheeler

Expert Expediter
Theres a company advertising for "women drivers only" called
"tea cup express" Hypothetically speaking here if a company advertised for stricly male drivers wouldnt all hell break loose?

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
All male and/or all white is discrimination. All female or all non-white or racial quotas are affirmative action. It's still discrimination but our left thinking people embrace it when you use a different word. Our right thinking people can see discrimination regrdless of symantics and don't appreciate it in either form.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5507, 5508, 5509
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Aside from creating a gender preference that has no legitimate reason, what planet are those people from?! "Teacup Express" sounds like flowery summer dresses, delicate flowery china, big fussy hats, old fashioned ladies who wear powder & lavendar - charming. And just how does that relate to expediting? If they think women can work in those ruffly dresses, I'd like to watch, lol. :7

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
If they DID hire a guy, I can't see him telling folks where he works with a straight face...

"My company.. um.. yeah.. um.. it's ... Teacup Express"

Dreamer
Forums Administrator

--------------

[i]

Ability is what you're capable of doing...
Motivation determines what you do...
Attitude determines how well you do it. (Lou Holtz)
-------------------

[/i]

---------

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That name would be almost as embarassing as pulling a 53' trailer that says "Another load of Gay Toys" on the side.

jackdixon_2000

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I never used to have much concern about the equipment I drove. As long as the company and pay was good and the equipment was safe and maintained but I never could see myself going to work for Maty Kay cosmetics driving those pink tractors. Its bad enough just admitting I am from the San Francisco area :)

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
hooter's got into trouble when they would not let a guy be a hooter's gal, to keep from paying alot of money out they let him be a hooter's guy

and about the mary kay drivers they are some of the best paid driver's on the road and talk to one of there driver's and he said his whole family worked for mary kay

also i use to sell mary kay on the road

and the number one sale person for mary kay is a guy out sky town

Roadpig

Expert Expediter
this is a joke right? it will take them no time before they are sued for descrimination. what is the point of an all female trucking company? teacup express... you're pulling my leg.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Not a joke and not discriminatory. Read post 3 above to learn about discrimination in the politically correct leftist nation we are creating/allowing.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5507, 5508, 5509
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

sixwheeler

Expert Expediter
>where did you hear about this. is there a website?

there doesnt appear to be a website up for this company but a quick lookup to see if anybody owned teacupexpress.com found the domain registered to somebody pretty well known here. interesting.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
RP: There is, or was yesterday, an ad right here for the all women trucking co "Teacup Express".
As drivers on the CB call each other by the name on the tractor or trailer, I used to wonder about the driver who drove a nice lemon yellow KW, that perfectly complemented the Chiquita trailer - did he know, I wondered, that Chiquita in Spanish means "little girl"? :D
And then there were those trucks for Guaranteed Overnight Delivery - every now & then you'd hear: "Hey God, you stoppin for chow at that TA there?" Now, THAT was strange, lol. ;)

Roadpig

Expert Expediter
i remember those guys. there 800 number was 800-dial-god
kinda weird

so who is this well known person?

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
It is common practice for companies who are in the business of designing and hosting web sites to purchase a domain name for a client. There are hundreds of different reasons why this is done. To name a few, A package deal is one reason, client want to remain anonymous is another, and so on.

Just like it is for a lawyer to register as the owner of a corporation when he/she files the paperwork for a client forming a corporation.

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
I wonder if they are related to G.O.D. Air Freight, a company out of NJ, I think. From what I know, they recently changed their name to Air Freight Professionals.

Drive Safe!

Jeff