Winter Weather warning ... heads up!

Monty

Expert Expediter
SIGNIFICANT WINTER STORM LIKELY TO IMPACT MUCH OF THE AREA TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY...
A BLIZZARD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR WEST CENTRAL MINNESOTA FOR TUESDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH WEDNESDAY. THIS INCLUDES AREAS ALONG AND WEST OF A LINE FROM GRANITE FALLS TO STAPLES.

A WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR THE REST OF CENTRAL AND SOUTH CENTRAL MINNESOTA... INCLUDING THE TWIN CITIES METROPOLITAN AREA... AS WELL AS FOR ALL OF WEST CENTRAL WISCONSIN... FROM TUESDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH WEDNESDAY.

http://www.weather.com/weather/aler...ificance=A&areaid=WIZ014&office=KMPX&etn=0002

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
We are having the warmest Spring like day so far this year in Cincinnati!

Posted with my iPhone EO Forum App

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
severe T-storms and chance tornados for down south....Tn is in line for about Wednesday/Thursday....

RETIDEPXE

Veteran Expediter
Came out of San Diego, CA last nite on SR 94 and snowing heavy at about 3000 ft near Campo, CA. Was crazy that close to our souther border. Hit I-8 and descended into spring time :#

cableguymn

Seasoned Expediter
It's here!!!! North metro area it's sleet/freezing on the road way. Southern metro it's sleet but wet roads.

Be safe out there. My plane is currently grounded 200 miles south of here. I might have to run down to it and recover the freight.

Gonna be a llllloooooonnnnnnnggggggg night.

Monty

Expert Expediter
Like a dummy, I took another load from Chicago to Bismarck ..... took the senic route to avoid a lot of the weather, I-80 over to I-29 ... made it to Brookings, SD ... I-29 closed to Fargo ..... time for a nap!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Like a dummy, I took another load from Chicago to Bismarck ..... took the senic route to avoid a lot of the weather, I-80 over to I-29 ... made it to Brookings, SD ... I-29 closed to Fargo ..... time for a nap!

You only made it half way...DOH...at this time Fargo is STILL getting slammed...What would ever motivate anyone to take a load there at this time...Not like you need the money...I thought you of all people ....gee whiz....best turn tail...there is another more powerful storm just now emerging out of the Rookies into Western Montana....

usafk9

Veteran Expediter

We're a little north of you. NB lanes were closed last evening. We stopped in Watertown last night, after we went sideways 2x, but the conditions were improving, so we trudged on. Woke up just a bit ago, after stopping to sleep at a rest area, and it's uglier now. Still going to move......daylight on our side now.

Fargo was clear, but everything north of where you are now, Marty, is straight nasty. Lots of drifts, and sometimes can't make out where the road is. If they do open your side up, take it real slow. Big sheet of ice underneath it all.

Having flashbacks of my childhood......early1977, western NY....

Safe travels, everyone.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
There are just certain loads one should turn down at certain times of the year. We turning down a couple in the last two days for potential winter weather problems.

One was heading up near Sudbury, ONT. The other heading for Billings, MT.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
We're a little north of you. NB lanes were closed last evening. We stopped in Watertown last night, after we went sideways 2x, but the conditions were improving, so we trudged on. Woke up just a bit ago, after stopping to sleep at a rest area, and it's uglier now. Still going to move......daylight on our side now.

Fargo was clear, but everything north of where you are now, Marty, is straight nasty. Lots of drifts, and sometimes can't make out where the road is. If they do open your side up, take it real slow. Big sheet of ice underneath it all.

Having flashbacks of my childhood......early1977, western NY....

Safe travels, everyone.

Part 2 of storm...you are in the middle of it...

Blizzard Warning...

* FALLING AND BLOWING SNOW COULD RESULT IN NEAR ZERO VISIBILITY AT TIMES IN OPEN COUNTRY WITH WIND GUSTS TO 40 MPH.
* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF OVER A FOOT ARE POSSIBLE ALONG THE INTERSTATE 94 CORRIDOR TAPERING TO AROUND 6 INCHES ALONG THE HIGHWAY 2 CORRIDOR.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
There are just certain loads one should turn down at certain times of the year. We turning down a couple in the last two days for potential winter weather problems.

One was heading up near Sudbury, ONT. The other heading for Billings, MT.

Smart move Joe.....

cableguymn

Seasoned Expediter
Minneapolis Metro is "fair" to the south ain't bad. Not sure about the rest of the area. Lots of parking on the sides of the roadways and in the ditches.. 4 wheel drive trucks out number the cars.

and here I am rolling along in a 2 wheel drive empty van... (in the parking lot of the hardware store at the moment. Blower broke a belt)

4 wheel drive instills a sense of false confidence in drivers.