Windshield Cleaning..my view

lugnut1

Seasoned Expediter
We use a Triumph MK3 6” scraper. It attaches onto a 48”extensional pole; cleans the window without water quickly anywhere anytime.
You need to be an adult to use this window cleaner as it does use replaceable stainless steel blades that are super sharp. Not for the “kiddies” in trucking.
We still use the squeegee gadget occasionally. The squeegee gadget also fits the 48 extension pole.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
We use a Triumph MK3 6” scraper. It attaches onto a 48”extensional pole; cleans the window without water quickly anywhere anytime.
You need to be an adult to use this window cleaner as it does use replaceable stainless steel blades that are super sharp. Not for the “kiddies” in trucking.
We still use the squeegee gadget occasionally. The squeegee gadget also fits the 48 extension pole.

It doesn't scratch the window?

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
...now could you show me how to reach ALL of the Sprinter windshield? :D

I stand on the step that's below the front grill, or I stand on one of the front tires.

On the big truck, I use one of the lug nuts as a step and stand on top the steer tire. Another reason I don't like those lug nut covers.

See, this thread ain't dead yet.

eb

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Adjustable Truck SUV Tire Wheel Step Up Folding Ladder | eBay That looks like it would work and the price is sure right.

The price may be right, but it won't fit a large tire. Check this out Universal Big Truck(tm) Tire Step

I use Sprayway aerosol glass cleaner. Costco sells it for $7.49 for a 4 pack. It can also be found at Ace Hardware stores. Spray it on, let it sit for a few minutes and then use the stinking wash water and worthless scrubber/squeegee thing at the fuel island for a streak free shine every time.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Here is a scam....... Be careful!!!

Over the last month I became a victim of a clever scam while at Home Depot. Don't be naive enough to think it couldn't happen to you. Here's how the scam works:

Two seriously good-looking 20 year-olds girls come over to your car as you are loading your vehicle. They both start wiping your windshield with a rag and Windex window cleaner, with their breasts almost falling out of their skimpy T-shirts. When you thank them and offer them a tip, they say 'No' and instead ask you for a ride to McDonalds. You agree and they get into the back seat. On the way, they start undressing. Then one of them climbs over into the front seat and goes down on you while the other one slips her hand between the seats and steals your wallet...!!

I had my wallet stolen September 4th, 9th, 10th, twice on the 15th, 17th, 20th, 24th & 28th. Also October 2nd & 4th, twice on the 8th & 9th, and three times last Saturday and very likely again this upcoming weekend.

So tell your friends to be careful.

P.S. Wal-Mart has wallets on sale for $2.99 each -- I found cheaper ones for $1.99 at Target and bought them out.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I use Sprayway aerosol glass cleaner. Costco sells it for $7.49 for a 4 pack. It can also be found at Ace Hardware stores.
I use Sprayway, too. It's gnarly stuff. Auto glass installers use it, as do auto detailers and people who are really anal about keeping their windows clean.

If you can't find Sprayway, then Stoner's Invisible Glass is a good alternative.

The Guru Reports lists Bon Ami Non-Streaking Glass & Surface Cleaner in the top spot, with Turtle Wax Clearvue Auto Glass Cleaner and Sprayway both being really close seconds. But for my money, since Sprayway is half the cost of the others, there ya go. ;)

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
The Guru Reports lists Bon Ami Non-Streaking Glass & Surface Cleaner in the top spot, with Turtle Wax Clearvue Auto Glass Cleaner and Sprayway both being really close seconds. But for my money, since Sprayway is half the cost of the others, there ya go. ;)

Figures Turtle would recommend Turtle Wax:D

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
The price may be right, but it won't fit a large tire. Check this out Universal Big Truck(tm) Tire Step

Yes! That's what I thought Jeanie had - someone has it, anyhow. Any idea what the price is? [You have to call a stupid salesperson to find out] I would like to use one in the winter, when everything is slippery/slushy.

I use Sprayway aerosol glass cleaner. Costco sells it for $7.49 for a 4 pack. It can also be found at Ace Hardware stores. Spray it on, let it sit for a few minutes and then use the stinking wash water and worthless scrubber/squeegee thing at the fuel island for a streak free shine every time.

Cool - I didn't know Costco has the Sprayway, and the case I bought 2 yrs ago [split with truck owner] is almost all gone. I like it muy mucho.:)

dancorn

Veteran Expediter
Dakota, which home depot?

Here is an easy way to clean a van. Buy your own scrubber/squeegee with a 3 foot handle. store it on the interior one of the rear doors. To use just raise you wipers off the windshield and operate the wash button to apply cleaner. Use your squeegee and your done. Oh yeah, lower the wipers back against the windshield when finished.