Will there be any loads Thurs and Fri

ManicStreetSprinter

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
So I did find a good company out of Burlington and have the 170 regular sprinter.
I delivered a load 80 miles north of St Paul MN in Mora laying over here trying to get back into Canada..wherever. even Winnipeg or thunder bay. To start. this is my first Thanksgiving in actual expediting my last company did a lot if local Toronto.
Is there a lot of freight on the boards coming out of the Twin Cities or Duluth? I'm hoping I won't be stuck here til Sat or Monday. I guess if there is loads there will be less competition and they'll pay more too.
Any other Canadian based drivers out in states in same predicament?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Not likely to be much of anything on Thursday. Friday will also be slow, and then there's the weekend. On the other hand, since most people go home and OOS these 4 days for Thanksgiving, anything that does come up, like you said, less competition and it tends to pay more. I think about 4 times out of the last 12 years or so I've picked up a load on Thanksgiving. They've all paid well. But I've also sat for 4 days at least that many times.

This year I scored a Wednesday pickup for Friday delivery an hour and a half from the house. And it pays a really, really lot.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Winnipeg? Thunder Bay? I hail from Winnipeg, I'd hold your breath to get a load there after Thanksgiving - but wait is this expediting.

ManicStreetSprinter

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Two drivers did quebec to Winnipeg last week one came back from minny to Windsor
Anything is possible lol including nothing
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Turtle and Lawrence

ManicStreetSprinter

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Really need to get my espar heater and insulation done. My mummy sleeping bag won't cut it tonight with a low of -12 Celsius here.
Not the warmest place to wait a few days. But paid 1000 to get here from Windsor (my 72% cut) and hoping for even more on way back.
I can see coming back getting the van ready for winter and then ending up in Jacksonville or Laredo lol

Reactions: TDave and ntimevan

TDave

Expert Expediter
Really need to get my espar heater and insulation done. My mummy sleeping bag won't cut it tonight with a low of -12 Celsius here.
Not the warmest place to wait a few days. But paid 1000 to get here from Windsor (my 72% cut) and hoping for even more on way back.
I can see coming back getting the van ready for winter and then ending up in Jacksonville or Laredo lol

Pesky Murphy and his laws....

Reactions: paulnstef39

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
12193760_1093497757350564_9130627088095521101_n.jpg Well Co driver observing Thanksgiving , During DH to let him off got hit with unfavorable. After he departed got a Pm and a Dot that's due 1st of Dec done & Low Jack INS. Now NADA stinking thing "Worth doing for a Tractor" Running single I got an Ear Full. A Storm is coming.

View attachment 12551

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I delivered a load 80 miles north of St Paul MN in Mora laying over here trying to get back into Canada..wherever. even Winnipeg or thunder bay. To start. this is my first Thanksgiving in actual expediting
Is there a lot of freight on the boards coming out of the Twin Cities or Duluth?

I wouldn't stay in Mora. At least move a little further down MN 65 to Cambridge. There is a WalMart and several restaurants and other stuff but no truck stop. Also there is freight coming out of there and you are closer to the Cities. I have hauled many loads out of here going to Winnipeg. GE Transportation ships from St. Paul to Winnipeg.

I have done quite well over the years snagging a load the day after Thanksgiving. In fact I just went back into service although I hope I don't get a load offer tonight. The tryptophen could stat kicking in soon.

ManicStreetSprinter

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm in Pine City
Troopin it out
I pray you're right about loads tomorrow at this point I'd probably DH aa far as 250 miles to grab a load to get moving back toward Toronto rather than wait til Monday.
Unlike u guys I can't do interstate.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I guess Pine City works. You have I-35, Wal Mart, McDonalds and ½ a truck stop. Your best chances for freight today are probably G.E. Transportation or Deltar in Chippewa Falls, WI. Deltar does plastic fasteners for the automotive industry, some going to the Toronto area.

If you don't get a load today I would think your odds for getting loaded would diminish going into the weekend. Good luck!

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
We were never on nation under God, you get that from the pledge and under God was put there by Congress in 1954 and signed into law by Ike.

Therefore, the pledge would never have had under God without republicans putting there.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We were never on nation under God, you get that from the pledge and under God was put there by Congress in 1954 and signed into law by Ike.

Therefore, the pledge would never have had under God without republicans putting there.
Lots of things have changed since the 50s because of Congress.
There are rarely loads this Thursday or Friday due to Congress.
(Had to get the thread back on topic).

:smilie:

ManicStreetSprinter

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
They told me there was loads outta Chicago. I dunno about you guys but cutting my miles in half Is not the way I do
Patience is a virtue. If there was a sure load out of Madison or Oshkosh for enough per mile I'd go for it. But I'm staying put in Roberts WI for now.

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I live near Chicago. My dispatcher told me there have been no calls today--- to nobody's great surprise.

It's the holiday weekend----- everybody has their minds on turkey (leftovers) and football--- not on shipping freight.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Patience is a virtue. But I'm staying put in Roberts WI for now.
Mora, MN, Pine City, MN, Forest Lake, MN and now Roberts, WI. If you keep going south and east you may as well just go all the way to Chicago.

I was number 2 of 3 for vans on the Panther Minneapolis Big Board. Now I'm 1 of 1. Two vans either moved on or got loads today. Or, they could have loads that pick up Monday. Odds of getting a load out of this area by now, before Monday are very slim. Today was probably your best shot at getting loaded.