Will there be any loads Thurs and Fri

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
This year I scored a Wednesday pickup for Friday delivery an hour and a half from the house. And it pays a really, really lot.
They asked me if I want to pickup on Thursday morning from Dallas and deliver direct to Midland, TX... Automatically my bad mouth said NO. Few minutes later I was asking myself why didn't I tell the guy that I'll do it for two bucks per mile. Well, I know they'll never pay that kind of money, but what if? :)

ManicStreetSprinter

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Still waiting at the flying J in Roberts at least I have shower points here and there is a lounge. Walked 3 miles into town where there aint much lol. I don't have any heater in the sprinter so once I get a run tomorrow I will have trooped out since Thurs am and well deserve the 1000 $ back haul.
One of the first thing I'm doing when get to Canada is get the Espar installed tho
Hope you were right and it's either back in twin cities or eau Claire area I get the run to Toronto or even better Niagara region!
But Quebec is a big possibility as well. $$$

ManicStreetSprinter

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not yet. It was dead especially for international loads once thanksgiving hit.
I'd assume things will go back to normal and they'll be trying very hard and maybe it will show on boards how long I've been here!

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
There are a lot of loads out of that area. I have had to wait a few days before, but I have never had to deadhead out of the Twin Cities area. Sometimes that Ford plant has loads going out of there back to Canada and other places. It will probably pick up on Monday. There will be a mad dash to get stuff shipped out!

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sometimes that Ford plant has loads going out of there back to Canada and other places.
The last Ranger rolled off the Ford St. Paul assembly line 4 years ago.
ford%20plant%202_zpsxqbbst5v.jpg

ford%20plant%201_zpshmcllngm.jpg

Reactions: ntimevan

ManicStreetSprinter

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
They bid on a Minneapolis to Regina and haven't heard back.
Tho I think I'd be stuck in Regina a while sure something else will come out soon

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Looks like you will get a chance to test out your 4 wheel drive. Getting some snow here in the southwest suburbs of Minneapolis.

ManicStreetSprinter

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yes and there's more snow Coming late
But I switched out my Sprinter for the non 4wd and for 170 regular length!
Payload capacity and everything in consideration.. I took into account all comments on here and made best decision for me
The van did come with 4 winters and I negotatoated in a set of replacement all seasons.
It seems I'll be running the north a lot so winters will be benefit

Reactions: artie

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Przewinski, how did your Transit handle on snow and ice? My Transit came with Hankooks. I haven't driven in snow or ice with it yet. I'll probably get to test the tires and van today.

Reactions: ntimevan

ManicStreetSprinter

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
It was quite horrible on a thin layer or snow and ice when I had just the all seasons.. they were Hankook.
I had over 1500 lb in back too.
I got then switched over after an early November squall up near Muskegon last year

The transit is my dad's now seems to be working fine now just didn't trust Ford anymore they don't have parts for those things anyone in first year beware once u hit 100 000 miles mine probably had bad apple type problems but it was the back ordered parts and wait time that Really Hurt

ManicStreetSprinter

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
If your transit is diesel watch out. I hope that not everyone will rn into egr cooler etc type problems leading to valve issues.
Probably will be a great van in 2017. I was the guinea pig and not a happy one.

ManicStreetSprinter

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Turned one down at 1.20 a mile cdn from prairie du chien WI to Oakville On even if it's close to home
1.20 a mile is 0.84 cents cdn my cut. I don't like moving for under .95 cents in my pocket particularly having to do over 50 dead miles to pick up.
Seems these international loads bid very low for Canadian carriers I've heard us drivers doing loads for 1.40 US !

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
And the loonie is where now? Somewhere in the .70s US? Wow, that's pocket change :mad:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Turned one down at 1.20 a mile cdn from prairie du chien WI to Oakville On even if it's close to home
1.20 a mile is 0.84 cents cdn my cut. I don't like moving for under .95 cents in my pocket particularly having to do over 50 dead miles to pick up.
Seems these international loads bid very low for Canadian carriers I've heard us drivers doing loads for 1.40 US !
cough cough....really?......U R joking right?.....for a CV?......Not on a regular basis.....

MOST mainstream CV's down here are between .75 and .95 now....with fuel being so low...and you get our cheap US gas....gee whiz....

ManicStreetSprinter

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
.75 to 90 cents us in your pocket but not 200 miles dead to get it that's what the deal breaker was.
Still excellent chance to get out of within 50 mile radius where I am.

ManicStreetSprinter

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
.75 to 90 cents us in your pocket but not 200 miles dead to get it that's what the deal breaker was.
Still excellent chance to get out of within 50 mile radius where I am.

Cuz I deaded from Hamilton to windsor to go to Mora. Look at the whole trip and Dh % I don't think I'm crazy to want a better round trip whatsoever