why

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
Why is it that people think i'm rich? Just had a young woman come to the van begging for gas money when i said i'm sorry I have none to spare I get a bunch of mouth for her and 2 min later her boyfriend comes over and starts telling me why i should help them out

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
"I don't carry cash, I travel on company credit cards, and they keep track of every penny."

That pretty much eliminates any further discussion. ;)

fatboy1

Veteran Expediter
That happen here in memphis at the loves at i 240 said she had a 5 year old at motel. Mgr came out and called cops .

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
This type of thing happens so often that I think most of it is scamming. Some may be real, but--- really, a person gets out onto the Indiana Tollway, nearest exit is twenty miles back thataway, and he's begging for gas money at the oasis???? Once is an accident, twice is a coincidence, by the third time you've got a scam going on.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Like turtle I simply say I carry no cash.

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC 123

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
One of my favorites is my grandmother is in the hospital and i need money for gas to go see her ..... my responce. ...sorry.. i was going to ask you for some gas money to help me out. ...:D

Sent from my SGH-T959 using EO Forums mobile app

BigBadBill

Active Expediter
Why is it that people think i'm rich? Just had a young woman come to the van begging for gas money when i said i'm sorry I have none to spare I get a bunch of mouth for her and 2 min later her boyfriend comes over and starts telling me why i should help them out
Isn't it strange, asking someone living in there vehicle for money? ;)

One of my favorites is my grandmother is in the hospital and i need money for gas to go see her ..... my responce. ...sorry.. i was going to ask you for some gas money to help me out. ...:D

Sent from my SGH-T959 using EO Forums mobile app

I don't do this anymore because it normally ends with my wife taking my wallet and giving them money but I loved beating them to the punch with: "hey, spent all my money on alcohol, can you spare a buck?"

Got my share of F U's

fatboy1

Veteran Expediter
Yeah its sad. Like all things the bad ones and scammers hurt the one who really in need. I will ask them for money to eat im out trying to get money also.

moose

Veteran Expediter
"Yha Sharmotha, Lechi techapsi Tachaverim shelach"

That pretty much eliminates any further discussion. :)

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I usually get the I need gas money story or he just needs a little help because he has a job interview and needs to wash his clothes. I no longer give money to them when I realized giving them money only causes more to come begging.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums mobile app

Marty

Veteran Expediter
My Hebrew is pretty bad but it looks like it says. "*****, look for you friends." I think the look for your friends part is slang for " get lost".

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
ok We all deal with lot lizzards , drug dealers , wineo's ,etc from time to time saying Iwish I could help you out but i'm broke to or no thank you has allways worked for me/// but i seams now there's a young women out begging for some lazy ______ man and they act like you owe them, what's going on

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
"Yha Sharmotha, Lechi techapsi Tachaverim shelach"

That pretty much eliminates any further discussion. :)

Somewhere out there is a beggar who also speaks Hebrew :rolleyes:

For those of us who don't, what didja say?

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
ok We all deal with lot lizzards , drug dealers , wineo's ,etc from time to time saying Iwish I could help you out but i'm broke to or no thank you has allways worked for me/// but i seams now there's a young women out begging for some lazy ______ man and they act like you owe them, what's going on

It is the new political correctness thing. If you have money and they don't, then you are expected to give them some. If you don't, you aren't "doing your fair share". :rolleyes:
Trying to remember where I have heard that recently.:confused:

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Patrick Henry shouted "Give me liberty or give me death"!

The next generation shouted "Give me liberty "!

The now generation shouts "Give me"!

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Patrick Henry shouted "Give me liberty or give me death"!

The next generation shouted "Give me liberty "!

The now generation shouts "Give me"!
The punctuation always goes inside the quotation marks, without exception.

guido4475

Not a Member
Start preaching to them, giving them a sermon. For extra fast refusal, and departure, whip out a bible. It works every time.And it may of done some good, as well.