Why Is There No Outrage About This Police Shooting?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Again, a juvenile can be an individual up to the age of 18.
Oh, as this thread clearly demonstrates, it can go much older than that.

It doesn't matter whether the gun was real or not, nor how old suspect was, they just pulled up and just him, in less than 2 seconds.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Thanks for the link.
You're quite welcome. It's not a direct link you're likely to find on Google. It's from a journalism search database that requires a subscription, or at the very leas a borrowed login and password from a journalist. You are quite probably the last person on the Internet I'd give that information to.

paulnstef39

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
And someone who is 5'7" and 195 pounds couldn't actually be a twenty year old? And a toy gun with the distinguishing toy safety feature removed would take how long to determine after you found out it was instead real and the person decided to shoot you?

Based on his actions my opinion is he had shooting in his mind before he's spent any time analyzing the situation.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You're quite welcome. It's not a direct link you're likely to find on Google. It's from a journalism search database that requires a subscription, or at the very leas a borrowed login and password from a journalist. You are quite probably the last person on the Internet I'd give that information to.
I'm so hurt by that.:rolleyes:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Based on his actions my opinion is he had shooting in his mind before he's spent any time analyzing the situation.
I concur. It appears, before they had even arrived, they had already determined they were going to get him before he got them.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
So how many seconds would it take for you to determine that the weapon he was pulling out if his waistband was a fake and if it was real and he intended on shooting you, how many times would you get shot? Just a rough estimate will do.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I concur. It appears, before they had even arrived, they had already determined they were going to get him before he got them.
Said the Monday morning QB sprinter driver with no law enforcement experience.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Said the Monday morning QB sprinter driver with no law enforcement experience.
Just out of curiosity, what are you driving these days, and just how extensive is your law enforcement experience?

I had an uncle who was a cop, shot and killed in the line of duty. So it's not like I'm unaware of the dangers cops face.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Just out of curiosity, what are you driving these days, and just how extensive is your law enforcement experience?

I had an uncle who was a cop, shot and killed in the line of duty. So it's not like I'm unaware of the dangers cops face.
A cargo van. Let's just say a little more than you.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver

I also have an uncle [a couple years younger than me, cause my family puts the fun in dysfunctional, lol] who is a recently retired Homicide Detective. He's not saying much about the Rice case, but that's probably because it's the Cleveland PD he retired from. It would be totally against his nature to criticize a fellow cop in public, but he isn't defending them, either. His silence tells me that he can't defend them, even though he probably knows them both.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The story continues; no indictment for the Cleveland cops in the Tamir Rice death, but is anyone surprised? It's been obvious that Cleveland has been in DEFCON 1 mode from the beginning to defend against the inevitable civil lawsuit and likely federal investigation. Also, their situation isn't helped by the turmoil simultaneously going on in Chicago.

Tamir Rice's death: A lawful tragedy (Opinion) - CNN.com

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Ponder this......

56c8ca0bde092e6ac400c41659d25439

Reactions: Turtle

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Just another repetition of a couple of questions: 1. If the cops assumed this "armed adult" was a threat why did they pull the cruiser so close into his target zone? 2. The cop came out of the cruiser and fired within 2 seconds. Did he even see the "gun" the kid had? It was in his pants - how did he know it didn't have an orange tip? Could he have seen the orange tip (if it had been there) in that time frame?
According to the video and written reports, the kid reached for his waistband but didn't have time to draw the gun before he was shot. Just because the cop was clumsy and fell on his azz while he was getting off a couple of shots is no defense. That just proves he was stupid, incompetent and scared. Hopefully the civil proceedings will go forward against the cops and the city/county authorities. As most everyone knows I'm usually on the side of the cops, but this whole deal was wrong from the beginning and is being covered up by the well known stuff dispensed with the political shovel.

Reactions: davekc and Turtle

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
A tactical mistake to pull up so close to the individual unless there were other pedestrians immediately close by and in potential danger. (The officers were told that he was pointing the 'gun' at people. ) It didn't appear at that moment there was so they should have stayed a distance away and used their car speaker to communicate with the kid. Direct him to slowly put the gun on the ground. Creating such a close encounter contributed greatly to the officer having to react so quickly( with deadly results)once the individual pulled out the 'gun'.
One of the problems with this is that the officer who made the tactical error wasn't the shooter. The other officer( the shooter) didn't make the tactical error, but claimed that the individual was pulling out his gun and shot him in self defense. (Justified or unjustified)

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
It was a tactical error if you assume they were there to evaluate and investigate. But they had done that already (based on incomplete information, and the cartoon above). The tactics used was shock and awe - surprise and overwhelm, get him before he has a chance to get them. "Stupid, incompetent and scared" is why.

Can you imagine what will happen when citizens begin to have the same inate fears of cops with guns as cops do about citizens with guns?

Oh, wait...

Reactions: Ragman