Why do people post thread after thread blaming the American people?

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It's not a one-side or the other, it's simply what happened. Bankers bellying up to the feeding trough and getting their fill was made possible by what I posted above. Barney Frank allowed that Gekko Greed to flourish by allowing, even encouraging, unrestricted greed to run wild.

You aren't getting it - Wall Street greed and Barney Frank's dogooderism (Congress at large, really) are one in the same. They are in the hip pockets of each other.
One can use Google to find opinions & spin (both sides), and then there's the FACTS that can be found and seem to get in the way. The govt policies and the liberal spin are pretty convoluted, but it all boils down to one simple fact: the govt dictated that people be allowed to buy houses they couldn't afford, thus dooming them to default from the outset; that's pretty easy to understand but some people still don't get it. History is repeating itself before our very eyes with the student loan debacle, due to the govt taking over that business and laying the groundwork for another massive default & bailout. The people don't seem to understand what's happening there either.

hossman2011

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Without getting into this waste of time conversation, I have a very credible fact that nobody can dispute , except maybe wandering fool and cheri, ...... Wanderingfools handle is extremely appropriate!!!!

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I think sometimes on both sides hearing something, and then hear it enough, they start to believe it. This was all a "Blame Bush" until you pull the curtain back. It happened on his watch but most liberals will have amnesia with the fact he tried to stop it.
Same thing with Iraq. "Blame Bush". Again, fair enough because it happened on his watch. But the liberals in that case raise that flag while having that same amnesia in that democrats (including Hillary) voted for that war with the same information from the intelligence community.
It is not like it was pulled off exclusively with an executive order. :cool:
Then we have "global warming", ok I won't do that one. :D

Last edited:

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
One can use Google to find opinions & spin (both sides), and then there's the FACTS that can be found and seem to get in the way. The govt policies and the liberal spin are pretty convoluted, but it all boils down to one simple fact: the govt dictated that people be allowed to buy houses they couldn't afford, thus dooming them to default from the outset; that's pretty easy to understand but some people still don't get it. History is repeating itself before our very eyes with the student loan debacle, due to the govt taking over that business and laying the groundwork for another massive default & bailout. The people don't seem to understand what's happening there either.

Kind of like immigration. We have to do it for the children.:rolleyes:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I really couldn't care less about the spin, which side did this or that. But my BS detector goes off when someone blames one side while absolving the other side, all while ignoring the facts of what actually happened, of ignoring reality. The reality is the CRA and subsequent related legislation set the table, Carter and especially Clinton established the goals, and primarily Barney Frank made it happen. There is no way that can be spun a different way without ignoring reality, without massive deflection towards symptoms rather than the cause.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Without getting into this waste of time conversation, I have a very credible fact that nobody can dispute , except maybe wandering fool and cheri, ...... Wanderingfools handle is extremely appropriate!!!!
Come on now, No personal attacks.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I would second that. Keep it civil.
Yeah, I mean, if you're going to attack someone personally, at least do it with a little ingenuity. Making fun of someone's name? And their online screen name at that? If you're going to go there, just say that his name reminds you of DougTravels. That's a below-the-belt insult, but at least it's funny.

WanderngFool

Active Expediter

Ahhh but you miss the ingeniousness of my handle. It provides the perfect way to separate the genuine idiots from the imposters.

Btw, here's your sign. :)

What? That's all the Trailer Park Uprising I get? I feel like Rodney Dangerfield. I can't get no respect.

What's funny is the number of people who don't even have a clue what the last page or two of this thread has been about. Have you got the ph in the beaker about where you want it there Turtle? :)

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Only moderators can make fun of people. It is a employment perk. :eek:

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Now it's getting goofy
goofy__by_shawd-d5qqm6u.jpg

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Really now, was that necessary? :mad:
Hey! I didn't even do anything! I'm just trying to get Hoss into trouble. :D

Doug is my brother (from another mother) and I will stand up for him and fight by his side if I have to.
If you have to. But not voluntarily. Same here.

and probably get banned from EO for sticking up for him.
Naaaa. You'd only get banned for violating the Code of Conduct, or becoming more trouble than you're worth, or for not giving Mods a 20 percent discount on tires.