Who is the Worst or The Best owners

TS462

Seasoned Expediter
If you want something controversial and a arguement just waiting to happen lets put these butt holes. On here so everyone kinda knows who to stay away from. Or have water tight contract so there are no misunderstandings. On pay hometime or whatever it might be

cruzer

Not a Member
The most honest fleet owner I know lives in Toledo,he has fax mailboxs for each driver so on payday each driver gets a copy of the paper work that he receives from the carrier and an average sheet showing 1 and 10 week avg. of all the trucks. I allso know one of his teams and they have had to actualy correct some mistakes that he made,but were actualy in there favor(give money back). I could go on and on about his honesty. I realy respect his ethics. They are there people just have to find them.:)

DougTravels

Not a Member
The best owner for me is DougTravels he only has one truck though. We drive it solo for him. He is such a nice guy to work with, we get along great (most of the time). Yeah, sometimes he sings while driving and that can be quite irritating. He does have a wonderful voice, just his song selection is pretty slim. At times he seems a little schizo but that comes and goes. I'm still glad to work with him, we almost parted ways awhile back. We had this huge fight over him wearing my clothes (including unmentionables). I put on my "Hottie" shirt and it had BBQ sauce all over it(Fat Slob). Doug is pretty cool, except when he starts taking lithium, that is when I avoid him like the plague. I think I feel him waking up so take care folks and if you run into Doug, tell him I said hello.

Desperado

Seasoned Expediter
i think fleet owners are like carriers like someone else said they all have warts its just which ones you can stand

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
If you want something controversial and a arguement just waiting to happen lets put these butt holes. On here so everyone kinda knows who to stay away from. Or have water tight contract so there are no misunderstandings. On pay hometime or whatever it might be

Well, that's like asking "what is the best ice cream flavor? chocolate or vanilla".

We all know it's chocolate -right?

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
There are many ways to describe good and bad owners. What may be a bad owner to one may not be one to another.To me a bad owner is one that lies and doesn't honor their contract.There are owners that micro manage their fleet,for me that wouldn't work,but to some,that's exactly what they want from an owner.Some owners pay more than others,its not always the pay.
Now lets put the shoe on the other foot,bad drivers to good drivers.Do your drivers make you money?Do they always have excuses why they are home and not on the road?Do they make excuses why they cant stay loaded?Do they turn down the wrong loads,or to many loads,or never turn down a load,and complain they aren't making any money.Do they take care of your equipment?Can you trust them to make sure its kept up,when you may not see it for months.Do you have unnecessary repairs,from neglect or abuse.I can go on and on.
bad owners bad drivers,good owners great drivers,which are you?

miker

Seasoned Expediter
The best owner for me is DougTravels he only has one truck though. We drive it solo for him. He is such a nice guy to work with, we get along great (most of the time). Yeah, sometimes he sings while driving and that can be quite irritating. He does have a wonderful voice, just his song selection is pretty slim. At times he seems a little schizo but that comes and goes. I'm still glad to work with him, we almost parted ways awhile back. We had this huge fight over him wearing my clothes (including unmentionables). I put on my "Hottie" shirt and it had BBQ sauce all over it(Fat Slob). Doug is pretty cool, except when he starts taking lithium, that is when I avoid him like the plague. I think I feel him waking up so take care folks and if you run into Doug, tell him I said hello.

this just shows how slow things are , the slower we are the more not so much talk to ourselves but yet answer ourselves and not only answer but continue it into a full conversation, heaven help us when the fight escalates and we start throwing things at ourselves.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
this just shows how slow things are , the slower we are the more not so much talk to ourselves but yet answer ourselves and not only answer but continue it into a full conversation, heaven help us when the fight escalates and we start throwing things at ourselves.
Please refer to my last post in April locations!!!!:confused:

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
Well, that's like asking "what is the best ice cream flavor? chocolate or vanilla".

We all know it's chocolate -right?

culvers boston creme custard. who eats ice cream anymore when there is so much custard?

you knew that was coming.

TS462

Seasoned Expediter
I just did a post about how crooked some owners can be. And now i did a post about who they are. Like for me i would NEVER tell anyone thats going to work in expediting to work for M&M trucking out of cooksville TN. They thives and steal every chance they get. Atlest they did with me. And like GI Joe said knowing is half the battle. If people know who these bad owners are. Then maybe the next team or driver will not fall victim to them. When its all said and done i would say most are here for the money. To support there family or bills whatever the case may be.

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Perception is 9/10ths of the equation....

and Lawrence? It's VANILLA..with chocolate fudge and M&M's ;)

Desperado

Seasoned Expediter
yes and no iv'e worked for fleey owners that i 'd pick up beer cans on the side of the road b=4 i'd work for them again But outher drivers say thier the best in the world But the one i'm back working for to me is a hole lot better than the rest put together but a lot of drivers say thier a bunch of bs as far as saying not to work for one or the outher or to work for mine not me

cruzer

Not a Member
If carriers would step up and tell fleet owners they will not allow them to victomize drivers and get rid of crooked fleet owners it sure would make things alot easyer,as long as carriers over look it there will always be someone falling victom. All carriers have rules why not add the "no crooks here rule". To easy I guess.

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
If Carriers are suppose to police Fleet owners, why not have the carriers inspect any Fleet truck on their property to see if it's clean inside, maintained, tire pressure, oil level, fluid levels ect. Then decide who is responsible to pay for the persons time to do the inspection. Assuming of course the driver doesn't mind a stranger going through the rig he drives.

Wingnut

Seasoned Expediter
There are many ways to describe good and bad owners. What may be a bad owner to one may not be one to another.To me a bad owner is one that lies and doesn't honor their contract.There are owners that micro manage their fleet,for me that wouldn't work,but to some,that's exactly what they want from an owner.Some owners pay more than others,its not always the pay.
Now lets put the shoe on the other foot,bad drivers to good drivers.Do your drivers make you money?Do they always have excuses why they are home and not on the road?Do they make excuses why they cant stay loaded?Do they turn down the wrong loads,or to many loads,or never turn down a load,and complain they aren't making any money.Do they take care of your equipment?Can you trust them to make sure its kept up,when you may not see it for months.Do you have unnecessary repairs,from neglect or abuse.I can go on and on.

EXCELLANT Steve. Couldn't have said it better!!! :)

pelicn

Veteran Expediter

We feel that we are good drivers with a good owner. We never have to worry whether the pay is correct or on time. Our owner provides great equipment. Our owner doesn't micro manage, but is there for questions. We stay out for 6 weeks most of the time, and we don't usually go home unless we are close. We stay in service and accept profitable loads. We also treat this truck as if it were our own, meaning that we take care of it inside and out.
We were one of the lucky "newbies" that got a good owner from the start.

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver
wellllllllll i have got to respond to this thread........ and say that my fleet owner i been with now ... will be 3yrs come aug.... damm how time flies
ACDC leasing ..... is a awsome fleet owner to work for... they been soo good to me .. and i do my best to be good for them.
right now im trying to hunt a team driver... but not having much luck.
ones i do come across whom say they want to do this..... either dont have there liscense yet... or the ones that do .. dont like the idea of being gone so much from home.
i am looking for a female only and non smoker..... i dont want anyone who smokes period .. cuz i tried that route before and they say they will smoke outside the truck.... only for me to wake up choking on ciggie smoke while they are driving.
ot sure if i even want to team .. i think it works out better if ur a couple working for the same household.....

Yesteryear

Expert Expediter
wellllllllll i have got to respond to this thread........ and say that my fleet owner i been with now ... will be 3yrs come aug.... damm how time flies
ACDC leasing ..... is a awsome fleet owner to work for... they been soo good to me .. and i do my best to be good for them.
right now im trying to hunt a team driver... but not having much luck.
ones i do come across whom say they want to do this..... either dont have there liscense yet... or the ones that do .. dont like the idea of being gone so much from home.
i am looking for a female only and non smoker..... i dont want anyone who smokes period .. cuz i tried that route before and they say they will smoke outside the truck.... only for me to wake up choking on ciggie smoke while they are driving.
ot sure if i even want to team .. i think it works out better if ur a couple working for the same household.....

Yep, heard of your truck owner before. Never heard nothing but good about them. Same as with mine, great people. Ya know what I tink? I tink there is going to be bad truck owners and bad drivers. I tink there are going to be good truck owners and good drivers. :eek: Ya know, we should start a truck matching service. See that way we can match the bad drivers with the bad owners and the good drivers with the good owners. Yep that is a money making idea! :D

I think we are good drivers we keep our truck clean and well maintained. We treat the truck as we would treat it if we owned it ourselves. We stay out for months at a time (last time out of service Dec 29) and make sure if we are going home to get a load to Atlanta. As for loads we do the best we can, remember if Brian isn't making money we aren't making money. When accepting or turning down a load we always try to do what is best for both ourselves and for Brian. We are not perfect and make mistakes but we do the absolute best we can.

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
I think when interveiwing to Drive or find a Driver, look at what the person(s) came in. Is their vehicle clean, maintained. Are they in clean clothes, well groomed. Open the door of the rig and trash falls out? In any trade there are workers who treat your equipment as if there is a barrel full more where that came from. Then there are the workers who treat it as if it's the only tool on the job site. Personaly I think it goes to childhood. One child breaks a toy and starts crying, Mom & Dad rush in, "don't worry we will buy you a new one" or as I was raised, break a toy, go with out until you learn not too.