Who is coming

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Who plans on attending the expo next week? I will say this is one of the first years that I haven't seen multiple posts of those planning to come, or list of who plans on bringing what for the BBQ.

Sent from my XT1080 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've been home for almost a month, so I gotta run some. If I'm in the area... :)

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We won't be there. We are heading up north to look at a business, or two, with the idea of buying.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You gonna open a gym?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using EO Forums mobile app

LOL! No. Looking at a couple of motels, a canoe rental and a mini-golf thing. Who knows? EVERYTHING we are looking at is LESS than a new TVAL truck and all are "hard assets", land, buildings, etc. Most are only open 8 months a year.

chillout

Administrator
Staff member
On Time Media Staff
Our Cookout this year is a little different... no need to bring anything except your appetite!

We are teaming up with Truckers United for Charities this year.

Dinner will begin at 5:00pm following the close of the Expo.

Join us after the Expo on Saturday to kick back, relax, eat and recap the expo. Did we mention there will be food?

Forum members join us for a meet up at the BBQ!

Proceeds from this cook out will benefit Cincinnati Children's Hospital

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Sounds luxurious...!

Sounds like hard work! The UP side is everything I am looking at includes a house for the owner in the package. SO, a few motel units/cabins, a house, 3-5 acres, for half the price of a TVAL truck and only open 8 months a year. OFF for all of hunting season too.

Daffyduck528

Expert Expediter
Sounds like hard work! The UP side is everything I am looking at includes a house for the owner in the package. SO, a few motel units/cabins, a house, 3-5 acres, for half the price of a TVAL truck and only open 8 months a year. OFF for all of hunting season too.

I'm working on a few plots of land for a hotel, b&b or apartments, but in a very urban setting. I have 2 of the five plots now. It'll cost me considerably more than a tval truck, but it has way more long term growth/earnings potential. Land is rarely a bad investment in my eyes.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'm working on a few plots of land for a hotel, b&b or apartments, but in a very urban setting. I have 2 of the five plots now. It'll cost me considerably more than a tval truck, but it has way more long term growth/earnings potential. Land is rarely a bad investment in my eyes.

I have no use for "urban" settings. Too much "STUFF" to deal with, high taxes etc. Places I am looking at run from 120K - 195K. The Mini-golf is more 259K. VERY well established, 45 years, very clean, well maintained, fudge shop, etc. Don't know if I want that kind of work

The canoe place has 4 cabins, party store, canoes, kayaks, tubes, trailers, buses, and house. Last time I checked they wanted 120K for the entire thing. Seen these places my entire life.

THe canoe place is REALLY WORK, but I have yet to look at the books to see what it pays.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Oh, and I'm trying to make it to the expo too! What's this BBQ thing about?

It's a thing we started the first year the Expo was held in Wilmington [at least, I think so - only went to one before that, at the Detroiter, and didn't see it there], where EO members have a cookout, and everyone brought something to share, like a potluck. We outgrew the ability to cover the grilling requirements, so Lawrence stepped up and provided burgers & dogs, and plates & stuff, with EO people contributing side dishes/desserts.
It's just gotten too big to do as a 'pot luck' event, anymore, because who can bring a side dish for hundreds? And why should the same few people do all the work involved, while so many others just show up to eat?
It's a good thing, making people contribute, especially as it goes to a good cause, I think.
Show up, fork over a few bucks, and dig in - you can't beat the company you'll meet. :D

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Our Cookout this year is a little different... no need to bring anything except your appetite!

We are teaming up with Truckers United for Charities this year.

Dinner will begin at 5:00pm following the close of the Expo.

Join us after the Expo on Saturday to kick back, relax, eat and recap the expo. Did we mention there will be food?

Forum members join us for a meet up at the BBQ!

Proceeds from this cook out will benefit Cincinnati Children's Hospital

Some how I've missed this the entire time.

Sent from my XT1080 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2