Whites turning Gray!

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
How does your wife use the hydrogen peroxide? Add it to the water or soak the socks? Now how the heck do you use that nasty stuff to whiten your teeth?

You know I really like whites so I hate to get rid of them in the truck so all of the suggestions are very helpful and appreciated.

JasonandKim

Seasoned Expediter
I love to wear white also. I have not found any easy way to wash them except by hand when I only have a few items. Since the subject of laundry is open. What does everyone use to get the spots off the uniform shirts? I have pre-treated, soaked etc. with no luck. Any suggestions?

Jason and Kimberley Hebert
FedEx Custom Critical
D7017

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We wear the FedEx Custom Critical apparel most of the time and for some reason they do seem to spot rather easily. When we take the shirt off and we have a spot I just immediately spray it with Spray and Wash and stick the shirt in the dirty clothes bag. 99% of the time this takes care of the problem. I also use Clorox II with my laundry soap.

are12

Expert Expediter
Zout - this stuff works great! There have been times I have washed shirts and realized, after they were dried, that there was a stain on them. Zout even got those out, so to me that is pretty good stuff.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
RE: Whites turning Gray!--hydrogen peroxide

linda,

1/2 cup to a half load. add the detergent and water and let soak. she says hp will not damage the clothes. also if you need to spot you can use a capful on the spot before tossing it into the washer.

how do i put it in my mouth? well i don't swallow it. it foams in your mouth and activates on the left over tooth paste. less so since we switched to toms of maine tooth paste. it has less artifical ingredients. then rinse with water.

Jack Berry

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
I use Stain Stick by spray n wash and that stuff removes those "oil looking spots" that t-shirts and sweat shirts get that nothing seems to remove. It works even on old stains.

Found some socks at Walmart that have black bottoms! LOL Should work great for the truck.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Pelicn You have solved a lot of the problem. I will look at Wal-Mart the next time we get close to one.

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
Ditto on the Zout Spray.

The collars of my shirts get very oily.

I spray them with Zout, toss them in with my others clothes and presto, they are sparkling clean!

You can spray some Zout on soiled whites too!

Zout and Tide seem to work together very well. Around the house, when washing normally soiled clothing. we use an inexpensive brand of detergent (Dynamo - Buy 1 Get 2 Free), but when it comes to whites, I get out the Tide.

Gee, I thought I was the only person who drove with socks on.:+