Whirlwind Express

mxzane933

Seasoned Expediter
I talked to them they are real nice on the phone and I heard they can keep you running as well. but If you call and talk to them the girl Anna is really nice but they tell you up front they pay every 4 weeks on there new program.

cableguymn

Seasoned Expediter
I talked to them they are real nice on the phone and I heard they can keep you running as well. but If you call and talk to them the girl Anna is really nice but they tell you up front they pay every 4 weeks on there new program.

telling a guy to run for 4 weeks with out pay is nuts. I am sure it weeds out those who should not be in the truck in the first place.

Visa and I could run for 4 weeks with out pay. I won't do it. Way way way to much $ to be tied up on the hopes of a company with a proven track record of slow pays to pay up when the bill comes due.

Mike99

Veteran Expediter
The 4 weeks in reality is 6...

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Running with a company that's spread that thin is going to end badly at some point.
Oh, IMHO of course.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
What keeps someone from filing for a debt on their broker bond? Does it have to go much longer than the time they pay? I am very new in this just curious. If they have a contract saying they will pay in 30 to 45 days and it goes up to 90 days it seems to me there could be a claim against their brokers bond. Does anyone have info on this?

You can threaten to file on a brokers bond to get them to speed up payment. When claims are filed on a bond it doesn't look good for a broker. Now as far as a carrier that pays a driver slow, there is nothing you can really do about that because they are not the broker and do not usually have a bond!

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
You can threaten to file on a brokers bond to get them to speed up payment. When claims are filed on a bond it doesn't look good for a broker. Now as far as a carrier that pays a driver slow, there is nothing you can really do about that because they are not the broker and do not usually have a bond!

You could sue under a breach of contract if it is the carrier, but that is about it. If nothing else, a letter would speed them up because they may not know how hard you will push the issue.

At the end of the day, I would avoid someone running on this plan unless they pay a very high rate on loads because you in effect are being used as the carriers bank.
If it is "just how they are set up", well.....they probably shouldn't be in the business.
Just my penny in the pond.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
I agree with DaveKC. It sounds like the drivers are financing the carrier.
30 days should be the max to get your money.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner

People always tend to be nice when they are picking your pocket.;)

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
In my humble opinion, everyone would do better to avoid all slow pay carrier/brokers. Its just a very clear indication of bad things like undercapitalization, poor business practices, poor money management, and unethical business plans.

No matter how you cut it, drivers don't exist to fund carriers/brokers risks of non-payment, slow payment, or any other business costs/risks. We do the job - you pay on time. That's the deal.

Let me throw something else out - if a carrier/broker is having money problems, it may be because they are also a cut rate carrier, which doesn't help any of us either.

It costs money to be in business. It costs even more to be in business properly. It costs us to be driver/owners and it costs carrier/brokers. Let the rates rise to where they should be to fund our collective businesses properly and just say no to those that ultimately harm our market and businesses!

That's why we say NO to slow pay and cut rates! Hooray to companies that understand why!

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
If you are going to wait 4 weeks or longer to get your money, you might as well do it all yourself with your own authority..then if you have to spilt any ocst, at least it will be what minimal and you can keep the bulk if not all for waiting....

kwexpress

Veteran Expediter
If you are going to wait 4 weeks or longer to get your money, you might as well do it all yourself with your own authority..then if you have to spilt any ocst, at least it will be what minimal and you can keep the bulk if not all for waiting....

even if you do it all yourself what percentage of the brokers on sylectus take more than 30 days to pay anyway.hell I still have runs out that was completed before x-mass.
it may not be the carrier that has the desire to hold your pay up and I would say more than likely its the brokers holding his up.not really your problem and I would look in another direction.

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter

Sure she is. Until one questions where their pay is 8 weeks later (for the 3rd time)...trust me. The tone changes quickly.

Sent from my ADR6300 using EO Forums

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
kwexpress wrote:

even if you do it all yourself what percentage of the brokers on sylectus take more than 30 days to pay anyway.hell I still have runs out that was completed before x-mass.

I totally understand, but if you have to wait, at least you are waiting on a larger % of the money....

rodeehos

Seasoned Expediter
WW uses a factoring company. I have brokered them loads and had to send the check to there factoring company.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
rodeehos wrote:

WW uses a factoring company. I have brokered them loads and had to send the check to there factoring company.

Wow!! Factoring their loads and "STILL" don't pay for 4 weeks!?!?! And slow pay beyond that?!?!?!

Dang....

Id think that someone from the company would be posting here quick with some kind of believeable explanation....:eek::rolleyes:

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Too many GOOD carriers to go to. If the slow pay issue is accurate I wouldn't waste my time with a carrier that their apparent focus is on foolish game playing.
If you are paying 30,60,90 days and using a factoring company, well, you shouldn't really be in business.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Too many GOOD carriers to go to. If the slow pay issue is accurate I wouldn't waste my time with a carrier that their apparent focus is on foolish game playing.
If you are paying 30,60,90 days and using a factoring company, well, you shouldn't really be in business.

This is true. If they are factoring invoices and still paying slow...that's a HUGE red flag. We do have to realize that just because they factored rodeehos' invoice doesn't mean they factor ALL of their invoices, but I still don't like the sound of all this.

It's not the one invoice that I would be concerned about. If your running a lot of freight for them and 60-90 days is common, you could have several thousand dollars on the table. If they are in financial trouble, you could lose every penny of it.

Jason2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I know I haven't been here much lately, but there used to be a guy here that supposedly run the office. He said so himself, but haven't seen any posts for him in a while.

I talked to them about 2 years ago they said 30 days minimum pay. I said no thanks.

cableguymn

Seasoned Expediter
If they have a lot of freight, and keep you moving, it won't take long for them to dig a very deep hole with you.

I won't wait 30 days for payment on much of anything.

If I used a factoring company on my receivables, I wonder what that company would say to a invoice for WW......

Last edited: