Wheres the miles???

miguy1957

Expert Expediter
Over the last 7 days had the following load offers.
25dh-153 loaded
38dh-89 loaded
52dh-75 loaded
8dh-15 loaded
30dh-16 loaded

I think I might be better off taking the rest of the year off and try again in Jan.. Anyone else with the same problem??

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
25dh-153 loaded
38dh-89 loaded
52dh-75 loaded
8dh-15 loaded
30dh-16 loaded

I think I might be better off taking the rest of the year off and try again in Jan.. Anyone else with the same problem??
I ain't even trying to work hard this week and i'm pre-dispatched on a 1380 mile load taking me right to my brothers house for Christmas. I think you gotta find yourself a new carrier. My friend at Panther was in the same boat as you until they finally sent him from Michigan to El Paso. The only problem with that is he had to sit there for almost 7 days before he got a load down to Dallas.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
25dh-153 loaded
38dh-89 loaded
52dh-75 loaded
8dh-15 loaded
30dh-16 loaded

Sounds like my miles with panther. got 5 loads for 1032 for the past 7 days. Only bad thing is I only got around 400 this week:mad:

Brisco

Expert Expediter
25dh-153 loaded
38dh-89 loaded
52dh-75 loaded
8dh-15 loaded
30dh-16 loaded

Dang......

I bet there's local Couriers here in the DFW area that are doing much better than this AND are sleeping in their own beds every night.:eek:

moose

Veteran Expediter
I ain't even trying to work hard this week and i'm pre-dispatched on a 1380 mile load taking me right to my brothers house for Christmas. .

and when you get there ,you'll see that your brother's kid wrote to Santa ,She'll wish here favorite uncle to be home for Christmas

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
and when you get there ,you'll see that your brother's kid wrote to Santa ,She'll wish here favorite uncle to be home for Christmas
Yeah the kids are always happy to see their uncle for the hiliday season! But mostly the neighbors complain about my big van blocking their kitchen window! Anyone is a favorite uncle if you have a bag full of christmas gifts in the back of your truck...

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
Looks like the expedited gods have smiled on me for a chance in a long time. Got a load picking up Springfield Missouri to Waterloo Iowa. Deliver and dead head 240 miles for a pick up Elk Grove Village Iowa to Fort Worth Texas on Monday. For a total of 1427 miles and around 252 dh miles.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
Failure............dry run. Was double booked. Driver picked it up at 5pm. Not gonna dh 500+ miles to take the texas one. Told the lady on dispatch to CALL me once she found out and she promised that she would what the problem was. 30min later I get a call wondering when I will be loaded. Told the 2nd lady about the problem and she notified me it was a possible dry run and she put me on hold. Then she confirmed it. Not feeling any love from the company. This is like the 100th time I told them to call me back when I had a problem and they never do. The load is not that big of a deal but when promised something I hope in return to get it back. Oh well. $50 and a first out maybe I can salvage the weekend with a run.;)

Unforgiven

Not a Member
Those last couple are not bad if you get a decent amount of minimum pay. They surely are not by the mile loads are they? All in all that aint much of a week, but you can never judge on just one week right, so whats the bigger picture?

moose

Veteran Expediter
, but you can never judge on just one week right, so whats the bigger picture?

The big picture is that most expediters know how to "average up a load over time"
Expediting is a 'per quarter operations' ,and smart expediters wright down their 'quarterly goals' and work their way to achieve them .
if they can make money when the freight/rates are there ,then they save some of that money ,and can move freight for less later on .
however ,many expediters ,depend on the carrier to 'average up a load' for them ,providing they are on a more or less flat rate .
i have being watching this forums for some years now ,and it seams to me ,that the ones doing so are a 'seating duck' every time we need to move trucks on lower rates .
it is a valid point for such expediter ,to keep demanding it's carrier to 'keep the wheels ruling' regardless of freight rates ,or howmach it costs the carrier to move that freight.
this time of year ,many expediters will be willing to move freight 'at cost' or even 'at fuel cost' ,just to be home in time for the holiday's .it's throat cutting season .

miguy1957

Expert Expediter
Those last couple are not bad if you get a decent amount of minimum pay. They surely are not by the mile loads are they? All in all that aint much of a week, but you can never judge on just one week right, so whats the bigger picture?

The bigger Picture is I guess I was looking for a good excuse to take the rest of the year off. Just the wrong place at the wrong time. Like someone else said you have to look at averages. And I averaged enough to justify talking the rest of the year off.

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
I know of one way to get the Winter off. Get frustrated, drop the F word a couple of times on a male dispatcher and zip! your off for the Winter.:p

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
LOL!! Yea Bill I am pretty sure that would do it!! :D But at least the "horses and mules" don't talk back...kick maybe!!! :D

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Tuesday through Friday.
2623 miles including DH
Gross Income $4346
At home in Florida Tuesday night and Friday night.
Wish we could do this every week.:)

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Well sittin here in Peru Ill, it is looking like my week is done...it was kinda slow...

84 DH Miles
1008 LH Miles

Over a buck a mile all miles....

Goin out of service on Dec 22 til somewhere around Jan 3...so while i have had a great yr, i still have a few more days to make a buck or 2 more....

miguy1957

Expert Expediter
Well sittin here in Peru Ill, it is looking like my week is done...it was kinda slow...

84 DH Miles
1008 LH Miles

Over a buck a mile all miles....

Goin out of service on Dec 22 til somewhere around Jan 3...so while i have had a great yr, i still have a few more days to make a buck or 2 more....

Is that actual DH miles or Chef DH miles???? LOL