The seats that came in our brand new Freightliner M2 are not
comfortable, to say the least. Looking to get some premium seats,
but not at a premium price !! Anybody out there know where to get
a good deal on some nice comfy seats ?

Thanks for your help.
:7

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
I will sell you my seats, .50 cent each. But they come packaged in a rather large shipping container. Shipping cost for container is 35K

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
The bad part of trying to change out the seats in the M2 is that the floor where the seats are mounted is not flat.That means you won't be able to use the premium seats from class 8 trucks,because the base needs a flat floor.

You might be able to buy just the seat itself and mount it onto your existing bases.DD.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
Here is a site that sell seats for the M2.

www.buytruckstuff.com

I used this company when I bought my last seats and they are pretty good at getting the merchandise to you in a timely fashion.

I also highly reccomend the back cycler seat from National seating.DD.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Our truck came with the best seats National makes. They are OK but we really want Inringhausen seats. One of these days, we will get around to making the switch and will then have two National seats to get rid of. To get them to you at less than a premium price, shipping expense becomes the challenge. Our home is in Minnesota. We could paletize the seats on one skid and shrink wrap them for you, and deliver them to a FedEx Ground or FedEx Freight terminal in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. You could get rates from FedEx or (cough, cough), other shippers if you prefer. Or, we could just leave them in our garage until you come one day to the area and pick them up. With you as a buyer of our old seats, we could accelerate our move to ISRI seats. Private message me if you are interested.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I hear ya!! After a while my rear starts to get sore. And, with the size of my rear that's a serious issue!

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I want to replace my driver's seat. I want something with longer armrests and a little more adjustability plus swivel capability. I've looked at the Isringhausen seats too. They are definitely cool seats and their pricing reflects their belief of that.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB
OOIDA Life Member 677319, JOIN NOW
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
Van drivers who are looking to save a buck.....

And want to improve the circulation in their legs.....

And desire a more comfortable ride.....

Also be able to pivot easier when exiting the van.....

And save wear and tear on your factory fabric seats....

You can purchase an AirHawk cushion that attaches very nicely to your factory seat. It is based on a ROHO cushion system that was designed by the medical community for wheelchair folks who spend many hours sitting.

$79.95 Best price I have found.

http://www.allegromedical.com/browse/browseProducts.do?searchPhrase=airhawk&engine=adwords!6554&keyword=%28airhawk+seat%29&match_type=&gclid=CLSLwqaKj44CFRPdPgod_xZCDA

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Leo,
I was just looking at these seats in California and the sales twit could not answer if these are the seats with the A/C hook up or not. I heard that they arrived in the states after being in Europe for a bunch of years.

The cooling of the seats by A/C by the way helps reduce some of the stress to your back.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We where ready to write a check at Louisville for two seats for our M2 and the price just kept going up due to the slanted floor. We want seats that match in looks but there is no need to have all the gadgets on the passenger seat. Also the other big deal was none of the seats would have arm rests next to the door. In our truck you do not sit close enough to the door to use the window for an arm rest so the seats must have them. Watch for that on any seats you look at.

We are also still on the hunt and will look at the web sites listed.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Jammin Jim that was a good tongue in cheek post! Got a good laugh out of Bob and I.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
i saw some nice comfy seats at freightliner in little rock once. they had the massage thing and it felt like a recliner. don't remeber how much it cost i just remember it was high.

themagicoen

Expert Expediter
Go check out Fyda in Columbus, Oh. We get a real commfy seat for our M2, but just needed a $100 bracket. Not bad figuring how on uncomfortable factory seats are.