where the h--- is the frieght

ttruck

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
WELL PANTHER WERE IS THE FRIEGHT ,SAT AROUND LAST WEEK FOR 2 DAYS W/ ONLY 2000 MILES FOR THE WEEK THIS WAS NO WAY TO TREAT A TEAM YOU CALL US AT HOME AND WE SIT SOMEWHERE ELSE DELIVERED FRIDAY MIAMI Sat all weekend {THANK GOD AT HOME} to be asked to move to atlanta and to sit all day only getting offers for let me see 112 miles 142 miles 419 miles another 100 miler all to nowhere i would have to d/h at a min. of 80 miles on all of them to get back to a panther board with 5 and 6 trucks on them an 4 and 5 loads a day panther get it together if you dont the trucks that stay will be busy but there wont be a lot of them and you can bet bad news, if any travels fast

Kyle06

Seasoned Expediter
So your sitting on the Atlanta board too?... Yeah every load you just talked about they offered us except the 400 miler.... maybe tomorrow will be better

sparkle8859

Seasoned Expediter
That sound like heaven! We have been stuk in seattle Wa for 10 days! I know why not move right? well we are 1 portland has 0 coming out with 4 trucks sitting there. I work for an owner op who takes 40% even on a backhaul and cant afford to pay outfor the fuel. Wish I was in altlanta!

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
That sound like heaven! We have been stuk in seattle Wa for 10 days! I know why not move right? well we are 1 portland has 0 coming out with 4 trucks sitting there. I work for an owner op who takes 40% even on a backhaul and cant afford to pay outfor the fuel. Wish I was in altlanta!

Try to broker your own load. If you could find something at the minimum to pay for fuel I would take it??

truckingbill

Seasoned Expediter
got you ALL beat, 21 loaded miles for the last 4 weeks and setting on the LA board for 140 hrs on a 1st out

sparkle8859

Seasoned Expediter
I tryed but my oo takes 40%, than panther takes 15%, and as you know thoes brooker loads are reduced to begine with. So I cant affoed it.

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
Str Truck 22' box, liftgate, pallet jack........ the problem, I'm a solo

You could of found alot of broker loads in that time span. Panther gives you the link under driver web reference. CH Robinson and Landstar both have alot of freight going on straight truck from what I can tell.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I would agree as he answered his own question. A solo usually can be a little limited on much of the expedite out there because of time constraints. That area of the country is pretty much team oriented with regards to Panther. If going out solo, I would have been looking for a return load before I ever got out there. I would advise putting something together and get out of there. I certainly wouldn't have waited four weeks. Since I have had trucks out there on and off through the month, I can well guess you turned down quite a few as well.

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver
.. well i see a lot of drivers, teams and solo's having some sitting problems.
well........ i am solo.. been with panther almost 6 yrs now..... and it seems im doing a lot of sitting latley... right now im in Tulsa OK... had only 580 miles in the past 10 days.
i can NOT keep this up...... i am soo stressed over being behind on my bills due to all this .... im here to work not sit.
says 2 loads on daily average here..... ahh right. i think its a lot of BS ..
i asked dispatch and driver relations to help me get roling out of tulsa.. been here since saturday morning. they keep telling me , IF , a customer calls they will let me know....
im sorry but i cant pay my bills and eat on .. IF's.... soo in other words Panther will NOT help me get rolling here. i keep thinking maybe they are forcing me to quit.

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
.. well i see a lot of drivers, teams and solo's having some sitting problems.
well........ i am solo.. been with panther almost 6 yrs now..... and it seems im doing a lot of sitting latley... right now im in Tulsa OK... had only 580 miles in the past 10 days.
i can NOT keep this up...... i am soo stressed over being behind on my bills due to all this .... im here to work not sit.
says 2 loads on daily average here..... ahh right. i think its a lot of BS ..
i asked dispatch and driver relations to help me get roling out of tulsa.. been here since saturday morning. they keep telling me , IF , a customer calls they will let me know....
im sorry but i cant pay my bills and eat on .. IF's.... soo in other words Panther will NOT help me get rolling here. i keep thinking maybe they are forcing me to quit.

Thats what I dont like about Panther. In my opinion if they get you there they can atleast get you an empty move back east to a better board with in 3 days minimum. I dont see why they wont EM you out knowing you been there for 10days. That goes to show you the type of people run this company. What is a 100 bucks or more to a million dollar company to help a driver out. Especially one that has been there for 6 years and had has made them thousands in them years.

Have you tried booking your own load??
I hope you get rolling soon.

Last edited:

RoadDawgg

Expert Expediter
Sometimes it's about who you talk to. I was in KC and couldn't get an EM past Columbia, Mo (joy of joys). later in the day, I talked to someone else in relations and got an EM to Indy.

But there's no reason to sit there that long. they should be EMing you out of there. Or finding you a backhaul.

Christopher

ttruck

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
you could of found alot of broker loads in that time span. Panther gives you the link under driver web reference. Ch robinson and landstar both have alot of freight going on straight truck from what i can tell.
tryed load boards many times ch says password is no good the rest wont even pay for fuel at these prices

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Call Wally or Gale in the broker department and they can give you the password for CHR. As for what loads pay, some are pretty decent, but you do have to look more than once.

ttruck

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
.. Well i see a lot of drivers, teams and solo's having some sitting problems.
Well........ I am solo.. Been with panther almost 6 yrs now..... And it seems im doing a lot of sitting latley... Right now im in tulsa ok... Had only 580 miles in the past 10 days.
I can not keep this up...... I am soo stressed over being behind on my bills due to all this .... Im here to work not sit.
Says 2 loads on daily average here..... Ahh right. I think its a lot of bs ..
I asked dispatch and driver relations to help me get roling out of tulsa.. Been here since saturday morning. They keep telling me , if , a customer calls they will let me know....
Im sorry but i cant pay my bills and eat on .. If's.... Soo in other words panther will not help me get rolling here. I keep thinking maybe they are forcing me to quit.
tyhey keep puting on trucks this means two things there quiting or just giving up the bs about quality of loads not quantity is a line ive got a class a and im looking to going back to tt power source looks good for owner ops right about now if thats what ive got to do then so be it they have a lease purchase a $1.06 per mile pluss .54 surcharge i dont know why panther surchg. Is so much lower than other co.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
No clue on the lease purchase 1.06 per mile. .54 cent FSC per mile on a tractor seems pretty reasonable.
As for the other trucks regardless of size, they are going to start paying 100 percent of the fuel on all DH miles.
I think that is a very positive step.

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
No clue on the lease purchase 1.06 per mile. .54 cent FSC per mile on a tractor seems pretty reasonable.
As for the other trucks regardless of size, they are going to start paying 100 percent of the fuel on all DH miles.
I think that is a very positive step.

I agree. I was pretty happy to see that come through. Will keep a few more bucks in our pocket at the end of the day. Does this mean if the DH is 20 miles they will pay that?

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
Solos if you are going out of the primary service area expect to be the last to load out. I know it's hard to turn down that big mile run but if it takes you to an area that you know teams rule then it's your fault for taking that load. I won't take a load out of the main service area unless there is a backup load to get me back into the service area. That said have I ever fell for the big mile run for the big payday on that 1 load yes and i have been hung out just like the rest of you with one exception. I won’t sit anywhere for a week you lost more money sitting than you will lose taking a reduced rate load to get you back. I keep my truck between IA to the west OH to the east Canada boarder to the north Huntsville Al to the south and by staying in that box I run steady .
Now as for tt you turned down several loads they cry where are the loads. Think about that any one of those loads could have put in place for another load. Teams that think they should only get 1000+ mile runs are foolish. You do have another driver so if you take a short run you can still be dispatched on another load when you are done that “short” run two short runs in a row to a team could very = a long run

Dreammaker

Seasoned Expediter
Ditto on Scuba's post.

With some of these comments, I wonder if we are leased to the same company. Last year was decent not spectacular. This year I am ahead of last year for January, February, March, and now April has started out like gangbusters. The boys and girls in dispatch have been preplanning me on pros. I accept most pros (96%), rarely go out of Scuba's prescribed service area, and have been bumping my 70 hour limit for most of the year.

Sometimes, I think Panther should set up a mentor program to help new folks learn how to work within Panther's system. I am sure Scuba and several other folks who have been at Panther for a while could offer a new driver a list of ideas of do's and don'ts that would help him/her be more productive.