where the h--- is the frieght

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
I think tt's problem is the fact that he has been in general freight so long that he doesn't understand that expediting is a niche market. And don't take that as a slam because it isn't expediting is a hard field to learn when you have spent a lot of years on the dark side. he is probably used to running 5000+ miles a week and that just isn't going to happen that often in expediting. I went all miles and because of that my revenue went up because with my dh i am running 2/3000 miles a week. Now with fsc figured in i am running at about $1.50 for all miles. I was leased to crst before coming here adv run .89 per mile because you got $0.00 for dh miles. What's XYZ o/o's making $0.90 + fsc do the math i run less and i make more I don't have to service my truck as often i am buying less fuel it means i am keeping more of what i earn at Panther than at other places that i was leased to. After all the money you keep is the most important number.At XYZ you may gross more because with general freight you will run a lot more loaded miles your check will LOOK bigger but after maint fuel ifta you keep less. It feels like you are doing worse because you aren't rolling all of the time but it isn't the reality i kept $76000.00 of what i grossed last year and i didn't work hard to do that. As a team you should be able to double that with ease. But you need to learn when to say no to a load. A load from fl to wa may look great but if you are going to sit in wa waiting for Panther to get you out it's a bad load because you will use your profit to eat sitting and stewing. But if you are willing to backhaul out for less than your rate your profit margin will suffer on that load but you will still profit then that fl to wa was a good load. Do you call in and ask Panther truckload div to look for a load out before you go into a dead area? If not why not thats what they do that's why they are there in expediting you have to do some of the work yourself and if you are willing to do some work it can really pay off.Or you can just keep on coming in here complaining it's up to you.