Where should I locate my company?

dogshed

Seasoned Expediter
I have family on either side of the OK-KS border.
I also have ties to Nebraska, Missouri, and Illinois.
I figure I can live anywhere. What state would be best?
I hear Texas has low taxes.
California is broke.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Do some checking on taxes, if that's what you want.

OK has little or no registration fee for big trucks. Companies used to get POboxes there so they could tag em in OK. They did away with that.

As far as being situated best for expediting, I would recommend either Texas or Missouri. I would think Illinois has tax issues. Texas also has large intrastate possibilities.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
If you are going to expedite, i'd suggest you locate your business close to home. That way, when you get your 80% inservice hit, you don't have to go too far for R&R.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I don't know. I haven't created it yet.

Then why ask?

Get it together first, decide what you are going to do and then get an accountant to help you with it.

The reason I say this is because if you go into manufacturing it is a different set of issue state by state than if you get into recycling or dry cleaning.

dogshed

Seasoned Expediter
Then why ask?

Get it together first, decide what you are going to do and then get an accountant to help you with it.

The reason I say this is because if you go into manufacturing it is a different set of issue state by state than if you get into recycling or dry cleaning.

Hauling freight in a Sprinter Van most likely. Although I might buy and sell equipment instead. Since I would own all the stuff I'm assuming I wouldn't need the DOT number and the extra insurance etc.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Originally Posted by OntarioVanMan
Try South Dakota.....NO corporate tax and NO personal income tax...

but whats there except for ice and snow 11 months a year

OVM is there:rolleyes:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Originally Posted by OntarioVanMan
Try South Dakota.....NO corporate tax and NO personal income tax...

but whats there except for ice and snow 11 months a year

OVM is there:rolleyes:

and Mt Rushmore...:rolleyes:

and a heck of a lot of beef!!

Last edited:

Dabus1952

Seasoned Expediter
NOW In all fairness to South Dakota, There is Sioux Falls nice size city, Then the Mitichel Corn Palace ussaly thaws by July. Wall drug (Where Da Heck Is Wall Drug ) The Bad Lands,MT Rushmore, Custer State Park ( My Favorite)To see Buffalo ,And Jack asses (dont Mean the ones feeding them ) American Eagles.Rapid City is large. Sturgis is ok. Deadwood nice quaint Gambling town. The Fish hachery in Spearfish. There is plenty of wide open space from Wyoming to Mn. along interstate 90.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I could almost guarantee..once you live out here you's never want to go east of the Cheyenne River again.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Some day I'd like to make it to see Mt Rushmore(before they add Obama to it:rolleyes:) I'd also like to see where my Grandfather was from.

Watch it...they can't put OBama on it...but I can't go there it would be an off colour remark and unacceptable..*LOL*

Wheres your grandfather from?