where did it go

Jeff35

Seasoned Expediter
just wondering if others are haveing any truble getting loads out of chicago area
dispath told me it is dry out here its going on 36hrs here in boleit wi never been here longer then over night

then thay tell me there is all kinds of shot loads back in det mi (home) if i wanted to come back empty :mad:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I was in Chicago a couple of weeks ago. Sat at the Chicago Panther office for 24 hours, then moved out west to the TA for a day and a half. Finally got one out of there.

"then thay tell me there is all kinds of shot loads back in det mi (home) if i wanted to come back empty
mad.gif
"

I don't know what a "shot load" is.

Jeff35

Seasoned Expediter
thanks for the repy turtle sounds ike it might be dry wright now

(sorry short runs) hands moving brains not

thanck again

late4dinner

Seasoned Expediter
The freight went to the internet. At one time shippers had to call Roberts, Panther, Try State or some other expediter. Now they just post it on the internet and someone just wanting to pay for their fuel to get home will haul it for next to nothing. When I first started with Roberts Express, I can remember getting into the Elk Grove Village express center and being number 23 on the board. Later that day I was loaded. That would never happen today.

csands007

Seasoned Expediter
The freight went to the internet. At one time shippers had to call Roberts, Panther, Try State or some other expediter. Now they just post it on the internet and someone just wanting to pay for their fuel to get home will haul it for next to nothing. When I first started with Roberts Express, I can remember getting into the Elk Grove Village express center and being number 23 on the board. Later that day I was loaded. That would never happen today.

Seems like there must be a special site where they get loads, can't all come from gps net or nlmi

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Jeff, if you are at the Flying J you may be bouncing between the West Chicago and Sterling boards. After Panther implemented the new boards I was 100 feet from a van on the West Chicago board while I was on the Sterling board.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
cands, you seem to really "wanna" do this well. Why don't you get hooked up with someone whom has all the answers. Like the Hawk. He'd prolly like the help with all the freight out there.