Where did everyone go?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
A lot of companies have no clue how to move their trucks out of "weird" areas, such as Nebraska, Kansas, Dakotas, Florida, or New England. Thus, our fear of going to weird places.

I found it necessary sometimes, to find my own way out, with the blessing of my company. It's the difference between being proactive, and having your hand held. Contrary to popular belief, proactive isn't just having your fuel topped off, your face shaved, and your logbooks up to date, for when that QC beeps. For me, it was knowing when I was bugging out, where I was going, whom I was going to call, and how much I would accept. IOW, it was the knowledge of having an out, before I ever got in.

Exactly.....anyone can get in...it is the getting out part that escapes most drivers....

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
I have a friend with Panther, been out here over 8 years. I finally called him when I was learning and got his advice on moves and such in lousy areas, he was right 99 pct of the time. So, u all could call another eol friend in here and save a lot of mental stress when u are in a bad spot.....

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
I suppose that means you are the infamous "admin", Dale?

If so, wow!, that's a lot of responsibility for just one person!!

Not only that, but he's gotta make a living out here just like the rest of us.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums mobile app

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have a friend with Panther, been out here over 8 years. I finally called him when I was learning and got his advice on moves and such in lousy areas, he was right 99 pct of the time. So, u all could call another eol friend in here and save a lot of mental stress when u are in a bad spot.....
The idea is to have a plan BEFORE you get in a jam....either you decided to wait it out...negotiated back end money or just using it as a means to visit family or friends...after enough times you'll instinctively know what to do....it comes with practice....:)