Where did everyone go?

tknight

Veteran Expediter
So I've been toodooling around the east coast nj ny md pa for a week and a half and have noticed a visual lack of vans and st8 trucks in the truck stops at night and a lack of expediter traffic in general not sure but I used to see you guys and girls all the time is it just me (loaded question)or is it really sucking this bad ? I have still seen the yellow cube vans with overloaded tires and suspensions though?
Tk

Jumbuck

Seasoned Expediter
If no one goes to New York, East Coast, Laredo, TX., Washington, Montana, ETC. my question is....Where the HELL does everyone go?

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
Midsouth, Midwest, and southwest. When I get out this area, it usually bites me in the butt!

sent from my Galaxy Tab2

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
That might have something to do with low rates. No trucks in the area the rates are higher, lot of trucks rates are lower. Northeast better rates etc etc.

tknight

Veteran Expediter
NOT I was sitting for 3 days and only was offered 3 jobs up to ma and nj for 1.50 a mile ...... Nope rates are not higher! Turned em all down due to the fact ill never get out o there and when there are jobs I'm a solo and time is not on my side I'm stuck with a 600 mile radius and most I've seen there are way longer and non stop I'm sick of burning log pages if I had to do electronic I'd retire early!!!!!
Nothing worse than deadheading in horrible east coast traffic and then being detained by 3 hrs cause thee hurry is not the shippers and losing time on your 14 hrs
then having to deal with "why are you behind" if the dot wants to rule out lives who is enforcing their rules on our behalf I now know why some jobs I get are put up for bid cause the big boys who use eobr systems won't have their drivers do it. Just ranting

Last edited:

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Of course they just offered me the same job that put me there in paulsboro again for less money and 4000 lbs more weight Turned it down!

mohawk

Active Expediter
I've been in new England exclusively for the last 2 weeks and averaged around 2000 miles each week

Wolverine

Seasoned Expediter
Midsouth, Midwest, and southwest. When I get out this area, it usually bites me in the butt!

sent from my Galaxy Tab2

Perhaps you should consider signing on with a carrier where success is assured regardless of the geographical area you deliver to.

tknight

Veteran Expediter
This job is as usual a total crap shoot flip of the coin when my blood pressure lowers I'll write a short synopsis of my day and the stupidity of brokers vs shippers vs receivers lets just say I should have tossed a few people under the wheels as they spun round an round today
Maybe I'll entitle it " anatomy of a cheap broker and his idiot shipper/receiver!

21cExp

Veteran Expediter
Just say no to the new england area!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

I have family in New England so accept those runs. I always get out easily. One time I wasn't at their house long enough to grab a sandwich before I got the call to head to Mass for a load coming all the way back to northern Ohio.