Cargo Van When to replace your van

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've seen a lot of 52inch bins...usually automotive trim. Widest trailers are only 101.5 inside..so these bins don't fit side by side in a trailer...so it's odd.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
48x48's or 45x48' are the norm now
Never in all my expedite career have I walked away because it was too wide...
I have and I've got 53 inches. Not everything is standard pallets. I've also picked up standard pallets with stuff hanging over all 4 sides, the last time just two weeks ago. I should have walked away it tore up two of my trones.

Reactions: ntimevan

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have and I've got 53 inches. Not everything is standard pallets. I've also picked up standard pallets with stuff hanging over all 4 sides, the last time just two weeks ago. I should have walked away it tore up two of my trones.
I have had a couple almost 60 wide....but only 48" high and I did that 2 pallet thingee and slid the crate OVER the wheel wells...as I don't have permanent shelving on the sideways....I like my work truck...

Reactions: ntimevan

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Had to
c1636a2641474a635e339afbd3dde78c.jpg

Sent from my hand-held Etch-A- Sketch

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have had a couple almost 60 wide....but only 48" high and I did that 2 pallet thingee and slid the crate OVER the wheel wells...as I don't have permanent shelving on the sideways....I like my work truck...

Exactly if you want the load bad enough you're willing to do what it takes to accommodate and sometimes that might include breaking down the shipment.

Reactions: vanman10x2