whats panthers current fuel surcharge?

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I used to run in a Sprinter for .97 cents a mile back in 2012/2013. Now it is .84 which is pretty sad. Regardless of how low fuel goes no van should have to run for less then .90 cents a mile. They do no offer raises, the only thing that can get you a additional .03 cents per mile is if you are a team. They do pay the deadhead and empty moves which is a good thing.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I used to run in a Sprinter for .97 cents a mile back in 2012/2013. Now it is .84 which is pretty sad. Regardless of how low fuel goes no van should have to run for less then .90 cents a mile. They do no offer raises, the only thing that can get you a additional .03 cents per mile is if you are a team. They do pay the deadhead and empty moves which is a good thing.

They cut rates by .13/mile but operating costs have gone up. Hopefully once the baby boomers leave the industry the market will go on a little bit of an upswing.

Reactions: T270_Dreamin

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Sorry Bill. I should have added a sarcastic smiley face. But the way it reads, there is no FSC on Saturdays or Sundays. One must embrace the stupidity to fully understand the ways of the Cat.

On a side note, we recently added the Panther load board. Not much for Sprinters/Vans on there at all.
Haven't seen even one load yet that worked. But today's another day!

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
A simple way to find out what Panther's current rate per mile for cargo vans is to call their recruiting department. Most of us carry smart phones. A super cool function of a smart phone is... its also a phone! I have one and just used it to call Panther. As of 09:00 this very morning the contractual rate* for a cargo van (standard van or Sprinter type van) is .70 per loaded mile. This is the rate for loaded miles only and does not include f.s.c., deadhead, empty move, border crossing bonus, team pay etc. I believe that has been the rate for several years. I don't ever recall them having a different contractual rate* per mile for Sprinters.

*Contractual Rate. Rate paid per loaded mile as stated in the contract between the carrier and owner.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
It's weird that they were advertising the $1.10/mile for vans up until pretty recently and apparently just told someone it was still that in Feb.

str8trk

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I believe the advertised rate was "up to $ 1.10/mile" ..... Disclaimer: Actual results may vary, side effects may include ..........

Reactions: Moot

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
A simple way to find out what Panther's current rate per mile for cargo vans is to call their recruiting department. Most of us carry smart phones. A super cool function of a smart phone is... its also a phone! I have one and just used it to call Panther. As of 09:00 this very morning the contractual rate* for a cargo van (standard van or Sprinter type van) is .70 per loaded mile. This is the rate for loaded miles only and does not include f.s.c., deadhead, empty move, border crossing bonus, team pay etc. I believe that has been the rate for several years. I don't ever recall them having a different contractual rate* per mile for Sprinters.

*Contractual Rate. Rate paid per loaded mile as stated in the contract between the carrier and owner.

But we like bugging you, it's more fun than calling.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Calling ends the discussion before it begins which is not good for an online forum. It's all about keeping EO in the black.
And building ones post count.
www.MessenTools.com-emoticones-humor-000.gif

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That "B" unit rate is for a straight that can only haul 5k or less. They are not talking about vans or sprinters.
When translating Felinese to English an "A" unit is a cargo van or Sprinter.

Reactions: xiggi

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just checked and the current rate is now at .83 (Sprinters do not get extra) although Panther should pay a extra .03 per mile with High Roof Van. Some carriers see the value in extra load capacity some don't.

When it goes to a dollar a mile (FSC included) someone call me. I'll ditch local freight and get back out there on the lower 48 and Canada! In the meantime I'm watching from the sidelines.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just checked and the current rate is now at .83 (Sprinters do not get extra) although Panther should pay a extra .03 per mile with High Roof Van. Some carriers see the value in extra load capacity some don't.

When it goes to a dollar a mile (FSC included) someone call me. I'll ditch local freight and get back out there on the lower 48 and Canada! In the meantime I'm watching from the sidelines.
When I brought my Sprinter from Canada the only carrier back then that paid extra was Express 1....Panther and Fedex did not...they said my bonus would be to jump the waiting line if a 3 skid/12 foot op became available...in a way that makes some sense depends on what side of the equation you are on....

you might see a buck a mile IF the price of fuel goes up again?.....LOL

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just checked and the current rate is now at .83

No, the current rate for a van is .70/mile. The current f.s.c. for this week is .13/mile, down from the .14 it was at the past couple of weeks. D.H. rate is .13/mile.