whats panthers current fuel surcharge?

crich

Expert Expediter
Fleet Manager
US Navy
whats the fuel surchage at panther for cargo vans this week?

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If you are a Panther owner or driver you can log into the Owner/Driver website and get that information.
fsc_zpsiizkckwi.png

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You may have noticed that the "Week Of" dates don't include Saturday or Sunday. Never accept a load on a weekend if you want to get paid FSC.

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You may have noticed that the "Week Of" dates don't include Saturday or Sunday. Never accept a load on a weekend if you want to get paid FSC.

Really?? They don't pay FSC on weekend loads?

crich

Expert Expediter
Fleet Manager
US Navy
thanks not a panther driver or owner. just have a brother who wants to try them out and deciding if he wants the 60 or 40

ttruck

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
whats the fuel surchage at panther for cargo vans this week?
the co. I drive for pays all surcharge to truck they already get there cut from the gross of the load so they pass it on the load I did yesterday payed ,me 734.40 to trk. including 50.40 for surcharge surcharge was for 146 loaded miles.
why is panther keeping half ur surcharge,that doesn't sound right to me they make a bundle off the load alreadyby keeping uall at a set rate.jus sayin

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
why is panther keeping half ur surcharge,that doesn't sound right to me they make a bundle off the load alreadyby keeping uall at a set rate.jus sayin

The answer lies in your statement... You are a source of income to the carrier. They make a bundle if your statement on keeping half is correct.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
They pay by the mile but someone else will have to chime in on what the rates are.

Scotimier

Rookie Expediter
As of February when I was shopping carriers:

B units $1.10/mile
C and D units $1.20/mile
E units $1.35/mile

Additional per loaded mile based on qualifications and equipment:
Hazmat endorsement. $.05/mile
Team $.05/mile
Lift gate $.05/mile
Life science $.05/mile
DOD $.08/mile

Scotimier

Rookie Expediter
I pulled it directly from their rate sheet they emailed me 2 months ago. I don't work for them, so I can't say for sure, but those rates were what they were advertising.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I used to work there, maybe someone currently there will chime in but I'm not sure how you jump from .77 a mile to 1.10 with their fsc.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I used to work there, maybe someone currently there will chime in but I'm not sure how you jump from .77 a mile to 1.10 with their fsc.

The rate Moot showed was .14/mile fsc so they are currently at $1.01/mile. My guess would be the $1.10/mile figure was pulled when the surcharge was much higher but they (cough, cough)haven't found the time to update it.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think those bonuses only happen under those loads. If I remember right when I was there they would not even put hazmat on vans. We need a current driver to set us straight.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Weren't they paying .85-.95/mile just a little while ago? I guess we would have to know when that pay schedule was last updated but it appears that it has been awhile.