What XM station are you listening too?

NoProblem

Expert Expediter
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all!!

I'm a 70s guy myself but thought I would toss out the question to see what you all listen to while your wheels are spinnin' or what you like to listen to when your lounging around, waiting for that load while enjoying the summer heat of Laredo in December!

Safest holiday wishes to all professional drivers!

ftp000

Expert Expediter
My XM seldom leaves channel 202 The Virus, I am a big fan of Ron and Fez and the O and A show. I will switch to one of the SEC channels whenever Kentucky is playing.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
our XM is on a few stations,128,nascar,143 college football,Art likes the 70's so he listens to 7,I listen to 73 for Frank Sinatra,13 for Willies place,6 for the 60's

bluejaybee

Veteran Expediter
14 "Bluegrass Junction". And I know what some may say. I have heard every Bluegrass song 2000 times. Well, I am working on 2001 times. Diesel for my truck to run on, Bluegrass for me to run on. A banjo moves my inner beings.

And when they play bluegrass gospel, that is even better!

Last edited:

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
I still have my XM even though I'm not on the road anymore, but being home the channel lineup is somewhat different. I don't listen to the trucking programs as much as I did on the road, but I do the 60s and 70s channels, the jazz and classical channels, and right now I'm listening to classical Christmas music on channel 77.

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
Depends on mood really :p but normally one of country channels, though we do have 60's, 70's, & classics also programmed :D

Tried listening to the Christmas channel the other day .........

Never again :eek:

:D

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sirius 100,101 (now on iPhone/Android app as of yesterday)
Also Stars 2 on Channel 108 and The Spectrum on 18

Posted with my iPhone EO Forum App

DannyD

Veteran Expediter
Happy Christmas back at ya. I don't have XM, but do like those Christmas stations. There's a few Christmas songs, like Bob Seger's Little Drummer Boy, the Band Aid song, & a few Triberian Orchestra songs that I have on my playlist at home year round.

When it's not Christmas season I flip channels. I like Led Zeppelin, Martina McBride, Abba, ZZ Top, etc. So it doesn't so much matter what's on except when in heavy traffic or bad weather. In those cases I listen to softer music.

Shadowpanda

Seasoned Expediter
Road dawg for Land-line Now, Lockridge Report and Kevin Rutherford, weather reports.

XM163 Book Radio and 162 Radio Classics (The Shadow, Dragnet, Our Miss Brooks, etc)

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I listen only to Elvin Radio, and Hair Nation.

Just kidding. :D

Baseball, Jazz, Blues and Classical channels, POTUS, BBC and occasionally the other news channels, XM Public and NPR Radio once in a while, the Decades channels, Deep Tracks, Classic Vinyl, Margaritaville, quite a wide variety, really.

louixo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I listen to easy listening on 28, bridge on 27, NPR,FOX,CNN, bigband on 4, bluegrass on 14, classic radio dramas on 164, 60's and, 70's ,and sometimes 50's and classic rock all over the dial, and at Christmas time, I listen to the various Christmas music channels.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
I listen on the sirius side ....and it is Howard Stern hand down.... 100 & 101 .... and Jay Thomas on 108 also
BABAOOOOOEEY BABAOOOOEY

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I listen on the sirius side ....and it is Howard Stern hand down.... 100 & 101 .... and Jay Thomas on 108 also
BABAOOOOOEEY BABAOOOOEY

I've really grown to love Jay Thomas and get all my weather info from his show. :eek:

Posted with my iPhone EO Forum App

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Gota love Ira!

jaaayyyyy
As you know the radio in my truck has not worked right since I bought the thing. Today I just hooked up a sirius satellite receiver in my van. I plugged it directly into a pair of computer speakers that I have plugged into my 350 watt inverter. I have completely bypassed the trucks original radio and it works beautifully. I have gone 9 months in sheer silence! I bet most of you would have went ballistic on the first day! Thanks for the tip though asjssl I really appreciate it bro.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
As you know the radio in my truck has not worked right since I bought the thing. Today I just hooked up a sirius satellite receiver in my van. I plugged it directly into a pair of computer speakers that I have plugged into my 350 watt inverter. I have completely bypassed the trucks original radio and it works beautifully. I have gone 9 months in sheer silence! I bet most of you would have went ballistic on the first day! Thanks for the tip though asjssl I really appreciate it bro.

ur welcome and Howard signed for another 5 years!!!!! so plenty of listening for you
u have to liten to Jay Thomas on 108 @ 3 pm u will like him

and just remember if wasnt for Howard we wouldnt have satalite radio!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BABABOOOOEYYYYYY!!!!!!

Patriot44

Seasoned Expediter
Christmas music this time of year! Ch3, 4 or 62. But mostly ch.147, I really enjoy The Trucking Bozo

Brisco

Expert Expediter
......and just remember if wasnt for Howard we wouldnt have satalite radio!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BABABOOOOEYYYYYY!!!!!!

What a joke.......

Stern was not worth the 500 Million dollars they paid him the first time, nor is he worth the 400 million they're paying him this time.

No, Stern did not save satellite radio as some may believe. That's a line of crap he feeds his followers. You know what saved satellite radio, and sent the subscribers list from 6 million to 20 million in 5 years? Technology saved satellite radio. There is not an automobile manufacturer out there that is not already placing satellite radios as standard equipment, or as an option, in their new vehicle line-ups. XM made the right choice when they teamed up with Delco/Delphi and GM to offer satellite radios in new cars directly from the factory. Then all the other manufacturers followed suit.

Stern is absolutely worthless as an entertainer. When I seek that type of personal entertainment, I usually go buy a Keg, find the trashiest trailer park around, look for the trashiest trailer in that park, knock on the door, pass out wife-beater tank tops to all the occupants, or to the ones that might not already have one, tap the keg, and let the Stern life/party begin.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
What a joke.......

Stern was not worth the 500 Million dollars they paid him the first time, nor is he worth the 400 million they're paying him this time.

No, Stern did not save satellite radio as some may believe. That's a line of crap he feeds his followers. You know what saved satellite radio, and sent the subscribers list from 6 million to 20 million in 5 years? Technology saved satellite radio. There is not an automobile manufacturer out there that is not already placing satellite radios as standard equipment, or as an option, in their new vehicle line-ups. XM made the right choice when they teamed up with Delco/Delphi and GM to offer satellite radios in new cars directly from the factory. Then all the other manufacturers followed suit.

Stern is absolutely worthless as an entertainer. When I seek that type of personal entertainment, I usually go buy a Keg, find the trashiest trailer park around, look for the trashiest trailer in that park, knock on the door, pass out wife-beater tank tops to all the occupants, or to the ones that might not already have one, tap the keg, and let the Stern life/party begin.

1st off I can tell you have NEVER listened due to your comments are ALL factually wrong...

Shows how smart you are......SIRIUS
took OVER xm....why....STERN...notice they call it SIRIUS XM...not XM SIRIUS......mmmmm.I think he was underpaid!!!!

whats good is ALL those radios without EXCLUSIVE CONTENT...like him or not ... you CAN get music,nfl,nascar,nba,oprah.etc.... any where else only 1 place to get Howard....
Im sorry you dont like is show but there is 20 million other people who differ from your opinion.....

its america you dont have to listen...BUT I WILL

STERN RULES ...BABABOOOOOOEY!!!!

just wondering..what do you consider good radio????