What would war with Russia look like?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That war would ruin Europe, and likely the US mainland. It is only being talked about because of our increasing weakness. Obama is STILL going on with wholesale cuts, cuts that improve the lot of a reexpanding Soviet Union.

Of course, Obama is stressing over more important things, like his NCAA bracket. Bouncing balls is more his speed anyway. So is dribbling.

runrunner

Veteran Expediter
That war would ruin Europe, and likely the US mainland. It is only being talked about because of our increasing weakness. Obama is STILL going on with wholesale cuts, cuts that improve the lot of a reexpanding Soviet Union.

Of course, Obama is stressing over more important things, like his NCAA bracket. Bouncing balls is more his speed anyway. So is dribbling.

I guess you did not take time to click the link and read the article?

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Putin might walk up to Obama one day and just coldcock him. Lay him out.
The turn to the camera and smile.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
images

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
What could go wrong? Obama said just today that Russia was just a small regional country.

Obama Says Russia Is ?Regional Power,? Not America?s Top Geopolitical Foe - ABC News

That's not quite what he said. His exact words were "Russia is a regional power" which is not a country, or small, either.
I think he is correct, in that Russia is misbehaving, but it's not the biggest threat we face right now, and sanctions & diplomacy should be used to persuade them that they need to back down.
Maybe we find the idea of war less terrifying than we should, because we've never [except at Pearl Harbor] faced the consequences in our own back yard. I hope we never have to, so it's good to hear a President who doesn't see any need to rush for the armaments at the first chance.

EASYTRADER

Expert Expediter
My 2 cents, Russia and Ukraine are none of our bussiness.

The average US citicen gains NOTHING from US imperialistic foriegn policy. The sad part about is, most of you don't get that.

Ukraine is a country full of ADULTS, if they don't want Russia to invade they should man up. If they armed evry citicen like Switzerland, Russia would be tiptoeing right now.

I honestly don't understand why so many of you don't get it. US foriegn policy is driven to serve WallStreets interests, not yours. Yet it will be your sons getting killed if this idiot Obama gets us into a war with Russia.

Honestly, if you think Ukraine is worth dying for GO join their army.

The Ukrainians don't think their country is worth defending because if they did, they would.

EASYTRADER

Expert Expediter
Whenever
You hear the newsman talk about military involvement in a foriegn country you should ask yourself, do I want my grandson getting killed for Exxon, Chiquitta, National Sugar, ETC.

You and I have no vital interest that exists more than 200 miles from any of our borders.

The idea that we need 500,000 man Army is insane. I heard a news report saying cutting the Army back to pre WW2 numbers, like that's a big cut, using 1941 as the date. In 1941 we 550000, soldiers, but the war began in 1938. By 41 we had been building up for 2 years. In 1938 the Army was 35,0000!!!

So even the draconian cuts they are talking about are pure propaganda horse crap. Because they know you're all foolish enough to believe that the US needs 500k soldiers.

Even with modern means the US cannot be invaded successfully. Even China couldn't do it. It has nothing to do with how great americans are, its just pure logistics.

Even the great US used Brittain as a staging area for WW2 and WW1, without that those invasions never could have been successful.

The biggest real National security threat the US faces is a Collapsed Mexico. Did you know their current President is a cartel drug king pin. Of course you didn't.

You guys are all to busy worring about UKRAINE and whether or not France gets it natural gas.

Your all being played.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Good luck with that.

It would take 500K, in JUST ground troops, to seal our borders. That does NOT count air crew or naval forces. Assuming that we WANT to seal our borders, which it would seem that we do not.

The cartels have the power they have thanks to our government's "war on drugs" and those who, for some reason, cannot live without those drugs. It is a deadly combination.

Last edited:

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Good luck with that.

It would take 500K, in JUST ground troops, to seal our borders. That does NOT count air crew or naval forces. Assuming that we WANT to seal our borders, which it would seem that we do not.

The cartels have the power they have thanks to our government's "war on drugs" and those who, for some reason, cannot live without those drugs. It is a deadly combination.

Aww,,the joy of trying to run every countries business,,,more troops in Africa again, planes, ships and such....more US troops to hunt down people of color,,o the joy of old fashion jungle warfare .....again......Nam again, I do hope we are not there 15 years.

runrunner

Veteran Expediter
Russia wouldn't stand a chance against the US military. They have 1 aircraft carrier,we have 10. We beat them in air superiority as well. All we would have to worry about is there air defense systems.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Be cautious about bragging, many said the same about Nam. We do have a powerful military though....

runrunner

Veteran Expediter
Be cautious about bragging, many said the same about Nam. We do have a powerful military though....

I hear what your saying,and your right I'm sure. I'm not qualified to say so for sure,but I don't think they put everything we had into that war, our men put all they had,but the government didn't always give them what they needed. Our government made bad decisions.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
That's not quite what he said. His exact words were "Russia is a regional power" which is not a country, or small, either.
I think he is correct, in that Russia is misbehaving, but it's not the biggest threat we face right now, and sanctions & diplomacy should be used to persuade them that they need to back down.
Maybe we find the idea of war less terrifying than we should, because we've never [except at Pearl Harbor] faced the consequences in our own back yard. I hope we never have to, so it's good to hear a President who doesn't see any need to rush for the armaments at the first chance.

I haven't read anywhere that people are wanting us to go to war. Saying they are a 'regional power" and such is foolish. So was Germany and Hitler. The problem here is we are perceived as weak. Have to look at the bigger picture. "don't cross this red line" , apology tours, and "resets" puts our foreign relations in a pathetic state. Other countries are watching what we are doing and that is the biggest problem. Not whether we go to war with Russia, it is how we handle it.
Numerous countries are looking to make a move with not so great outcomes. China is looking to expand, now Russia, and all kinds of madness with North Korea, Iraq, Iran and the list goes on.
Obama is headed this week to Saudi Arabia for a emergency meeting. Why? Because they are seriously considering jumping in the nuclear expansion madness because they perceive our middle east policy is a joke. A middle east arms race will affect us here at some point. It would be naïve to think otherwise.

EASYTRADER

Expert Expediter
Dave,

You are a warmonger. Nothing happening out side of north america is a vital US interest.

Every problem you stated is a vital interest for some other country. The Arabs are Isreals problem, Russia is the EUs problem., We have already fought China 3 times won once. None of those battles took place anywhere remotly near the US.

Even Hitler wasn't a US problem he as a Brittish one and only because Churchill refused to make peace. The only French who were worth saving died in the opening days of the war, the rest of the country surrendered.

I think you believe to much of the "military industrial complex" propaganda. Eisenhower was the last honest US President, the rest of them have all been Facscists working toward a single governmnt run by corporations.

The GDP of the EU is bigger than than US their populaton is larger too. Perhaps we sould let Europe handle Europe.

One other little tidbit of history, we attacked Germany and Japan first in WW2. We were fighting the Japs in China in 1936, and we sunk a German destroyer in the North Atlantic in 1940.
Not widely publised.

Of all US wars wwii was probly the most "moral", but it was not of vital US interest.

Incidently, if we had not gotten involved, the Russians would have kicked Hitlers *** by themselves.

When hitler invaded Stalin didn't believe it, not because they had a treaty, but because the Russians had a reserve army of 500 divisions, Germany at the hieght of its power could only muster 150 divisions.

Hence, the toll of numbers. Anybody who thinks the US won WW2 simply doesn't know the history, just the propaganda.

I admit that is a rabbit trail, but its to the point, the fact is the American people were lied to about ww1 and ww2, it was pure propaganda. Guess what, no WMDs so we got played again. How can you trust anything that you are being told by US media.

The Ukranian deal is about natural gas distrubution to the EU, plain and simple. Russia is the last hold out for the NWO, so the vrious factions are trying to corner them into a war like was done to the Kaiser (for similiar reasons).

I actually think this BS is a play by the Isrealis to get a market for their natural gas.

We'll see, but Putin didnt start this the US did. Did you know isreal is sitting on one of the largest natural gas reserves in the wolrd, yet they have no customers. How convenient political turmoil in the Ukraine is for them.

Its all about the MONEY!!!

Last edited: