"What they left out of the Panther manual and orientation"

boonsdad

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
And dont forget the fine for forgetting to put the pro number on the paperwork. And also remember that there are two sets of rules, one for single truck owners and one for fleet owners. And dont forget to ask about check hold if you fall in the category of single truck owner because you may not know you will not get a pay for quite some time.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think there are some differences. In this case you are basing experiences on driving a van which are different than straights or tractors. In fact, they are much different

You're right Dave, I was thinking van. I agree there are major differences at Panther how vans are governed vs. straights and tractors. There are more vans and less federal regulations compared to straights and tractors. This seems like an opportune time to interject with a ban the van comment. BAN THE VAN!

ATeam

Retired Expediter
And dont forget the fine for forgetting to put the pro number on the paperwork. And also remember that there are two sets of rules, one for single truck owners and one for fleet owners. And dont forget to ask about check hold if you fall in the category of single truck owner because you may not know you will not get a pay for quite some time.

Your signature indicates you are with FedEx Custom Critical. You are not referring to fines and check holds there are you? What you describe above about fines and check holds is not how I remember it when Diane and I were there.

It was the case that you did not get paid if your paperwork was not turned in but that is common with all carriers, is it not?

boonsdad

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
No it was my former carrier, so glad to be out of that litter box. Thought it might help someone in the future if they are considering that carrier and a single truck owner. Thanks Phil I was wondering if there might be some confusion there.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Fines, "starting clocks", "1st outs", transfering freight after so many miles or time....you all keep that crap...i
'll continue to contract to a carrier that treats us like adults and business people......