What sprinter is better 2005 or 2008

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Michelin AT/2 or MS/2, filled with nitrogen. And when you notice any uneven wear, rather than merely rotate the tires to even out the wear, find out what is causing the uneven wear and then have it fixed right away. Wheel bearings or ball joints are the usual culprits.

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
There was a thread several months ago where someone was thinking of putting a Chevy LS V8 in a sprinter. Maybe he wasn't crazy after all.

Windsor

Veteran Expediter
In the evolution of Sprinters, the 08 is the Missing Link. It was the first year for that "let's try this and see if it works!" engine. The best way to describe the 08 Sprinter is a two word phrase that begins with "f'ed" and ends with "up."

If the 08 is $4500, then sure. If it's $4500 MORE? Not a chance.
07 was the first yr for the 3.0 diesel and DPF filter.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
lets just clear this up...the 07, 08 and 09 are pre DEF and but have the DPF filter with the 6 cyl engine..:)

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
I had a Merc dealer 100% steer me away from a great deal on an '08 model Freightliner Sprinter a few years ago. I was sad at the time but I am tickled he did after seeing that the '07+ model issues are chicken shyte compared to the '10+ model DEF issues. Saved us ton$. I ran my extended express HARD for another year after that and caught the tail end of some good rates.
"Those were the days, my friend"