What scares you the most on the road?

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
There are a lot of things that make driving for a living scary. Bad weather, black ice, crazy 18 wheelers, etc.
What scares you the most?
For me it's people texting while driving.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Overhead obstacles.. Scares me to death.. Somedays I get the feeling I'm going to become the proud owner of a Speedway canopy or bridge deck..No matter what I can't shake that feeling..Haunting feeling.
It can happen so fast. :eek:

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
I have irrational fears. Rocks falling on me while driving around mountains, blowing off from the side of the bridge. Low hanging tree branches scare me

Sent from my VS870 4G using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

TDave

Expert Expediter
Other crazy drivers but also the falling rock signs scare the jeebus out of me.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using EO Forums mobile app

TonyD

Active Expediter
Not fond of tall bridges.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using EO Forums mobile app

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
A bunch of Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders directing traffic at a road construction site, it ties up traffic for 2 weeks,,,,but no one caressssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

tknight

Veteran Expediter
I'm from Ohio canton Akron area what scares me is those **** star boys crotch rockets going up 77 at 130 mph zooming by scares ya good some day I'd like to just open my door!
Www.starboyz.com

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
My dad, from the grave, is saying "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!"

He was a highway design engineer.

Your Dad....Was he involved in the Dayton to Cincinnati project?? If so I like to see the old paper work and try to figure out why it is routed the way it is..:mad:

J/king :D

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Your Dad....Was he involved in the Dayton to Cincinnati project?? If so I like to see the old paper work and try to figure out why it is routed the way it is..:mad:

J/king :D
I lived in Dayton In the I75 development stage. I remember the great debate about which side of the river it should go. The wrong side won, resulting in that killer curve near downtown. Now after nearly 50 years it has been straightened somewhat.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
I lived in Dayton In the I75 development stage. I remember the great debate about which side of the river it should go. The wrong side won, resulting in that killer curve near downtown. Now after nearly 50 years it has been straightened somewhat.

Friend of mine showed me the other route one day..I think he said routed 3 miles to the west and it would have been a straight shot into Ky.
Eliminating most of the curves all the way to the river. Its a busy drive for sure from the top of Dayton to the river.