What place do you like to fuel at?

What place do you fuel at?

• Total voters

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Flying J whenever possible.

We get a discount (not huge but still something!), the shower program suits a van guy the best. I don't often eat in the restaurant so the T/A program is no good for me. Pilot continues to do their best to have dirty showers, expensive everything and crap service. They also like to put Biodiesel in their fuel which...my Sprinter does not like (mpg goes down).

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
The J and the reasons would be:

1. Shower Program,

2. Wi-Fi access (roughly 1/3 of the yearly cost of my wi-fi access at the J is paid for thru the coupons)

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
fuel at the J, showers are free, then I spent the nite at a Walmart for peace and quiet when one is close or a Sams club because they go home at 8pm. Im in a cargo van,,,got lots of options on where to sleep. I cook in the van as much as possible, truckstop food sucks and thats a wrapppppppp..

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
It's the hook for me, but not by choice their gas stinks. Only cause I get the shower credit for every 15gal of fuel. I tried the expediter king thru TA but it seems as though they couldn't get that program rolling. I got my card, but noone at the TA's seem to be aware of the program and the card doesn't work on the gas pumps. A worthless piece of plastic.:mad:

I too tried what u did,,it was pitifull,,the T/A is a piece of u know what}} My boss calls the T/A's, I will use the words crooks and theives, its a lot nicer here....

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
I fuel at the cheapest stations I can find. I like Pilot when out on the road, good coffee

DannyD

Veteran Expediter
Flying J would be my choice of these but I also like Speedways, which wasn't listed.

Flying J also has an internet card (10MB) for $24.99/month. Not sure if that's better or worse than the other places. It's better priced than my home internet though. I had worried about running out before I got one of these things, but found for the stuff I do I'll use like .2MB/day. So 10MB should be plenty.

As for their shower program. Do you have to use the shower at that time? Do ya go in & get a ticket or something where ya can use it at another station down the road?

I got their frequent fueler card. Do I just stick this in at the pump & it automatically awards the shower credits? Not exactly sure how the process works to get that shower.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
I got their frequent fueler card. Do I just stick this in at the pump & it automatically awards the shower credits? Not exactly sure how the process works to get that shower.
Yes, swipe it when you fuel - I usually swipe my credit card 1st and then the FF card (it's slightly faster, one less step)

The FF card will keep track of your purchases and you will get 1/2 shower credit (and 1/2 credit for a free fountain drink) for every purchase of 15 or more gallons of fuel, and the credits travel with the card (good at any J)

You can check how many credits you have at the self-serve shower terminal by swiping your card. The credits are good for 7 days.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Flying J would be my choice of these but I also like Speedways, which wasn't listed.

Flying J also has an internet card (10MB) for $24.99/month. Not sure if that's better or worse than the other places. It's better priced than my home internet though. I had worried about running out before I got one of these things, but found for the stuff I do I'll use like .2MB/day. So 10MB should be plenty.

As for their shower program. Do you have to use the shower at that time? Do ya go in & get a ticket or something where ya can use it at another station down the road?

Since we don't have any name brand truck stops around here I use Speedway too and have the Speedy rewards card also in this area we have the Lassus Handy Dandy and have their card too, up to 5 cents off a gallon

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
Whenever possible any retailer selling Top Tier Fuel.

QuikTrip
Chevron
Texaco
MFA Oil Co.
Conoco
Phillips 66
Entec Stations
Shell
The Somerset Refinery, Inc.
Kwik Trip / Kwik Star
Aloha Petroleum
Tri-Par Oil Co.
Turkey Hill Minit Markets
Mileage Stations
Road Ranger
CountryMark
Chevron Canada
Shell Canada
Petro-Canada
Sunoco Canada

Big Al

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Flying J for showers & discount fuel.
Murphy USA for fuel and parking.
QT and Wilco sometimes.
Deli's at WalMart,Publix,etc.
Cracker Barrel or Bob Evans for sitdown meals. You can order from the kids meal at any age & kids peach pancakes are my favorites or oatmeal with a muffin at CB or Lunch sizes at Bob's.

Big Al :)

Shadowpanda

Seasoned Expediter
I like the T/A's but I just placed the one in London, OH (I-70, x 79) on my poop list for A: having numerous employees being stupid far above and beyond the call of duty and B: They were hassling drivers and actually had TWO trucks in the lot during the big snow storm early this week threatening people who were parked in 'unusual' places.

If you wanna talk human fueling via buffet's, Petro's, especially the one in Amarillo off I-40, wins hands down.

moose

Veteran Expediter
If you wanna talk human fueling via buffet's, Petro's, especially the one in Amarillo off I-40, wins hands down.

OMG , Armadillo have Soooo many great eatery's ,
many with big truck parking .
& some of the best Steakhouses country wide.