What is the strangest load that you did as an expediter?

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
I delivered a cat head once to the health dept. for rabies testing. Evidently, they were hoping to come up negative on the cat head, so the little 4 year old boy that had been bitten didn't have to undergo rabies shots. Ouch!

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
When I told my wife that I was on the way to the hospital with an urgent delivery and she asked me what I was taking there I replied, "Someone's knee."
So Charles ..... complete the story :D ..... what was the reaction you got when you replied ?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I picked up a crate containing all the parts to a jet engine fan, each blade had a custom wooden frame inside the crate for it. Hundreds of precision blades. Picked it up in Clifton, NJ and took it to the airport in Detroit, where they put it on a cargo plane and flew it to France. I have no idea.

Refer Hauler

Expert Expediter
40 ft piece of trim for a tour bus from Louisville to Wilkes-Barre Pa. I was told the occupant of the tour bus would not travel in the bus as it was missing a chrome strip on the side. 1 1/2 inch wide and weighed about 20 lbs.

bluejaybee

Veteran Expediter
Lighting from Nashville to Bridgeport, Ct for the band "Who". Come to find out, it was only a rehearsal for the stage hands and the "Who" weren't even there, nor were they going to be there. But who am I to question the "Who"?

What did I say?????

Who?

mjolnir131

Veteran Expediter
this is so good i made sure i kept the BOL to frame!

Was relocating from Canada,near medicine hat got the load offer to pick up in Glendive,Mt. deliver to Seattle,Wa from one B.N.S.F. depot to another, 1043 miles to take a brass RR bell that they use as award for the best shipping department. Did not get more than a mile away from the train tracks the whole way there most of the time the tracks wear yards away.

So BNSF's best and most trusted delivery system is obviously a Panther straight truck.

oh it had a tilt gage as well as if i rolled over i wouldn't tell them or something.

like i said the BOL is a keeper

P51bombay

Expert Expediter
Lighting from Nashville to Bridgeport, Ct for the band "Who". Come to find out, it was only a rehearsal for the stage hands and the "Who" weren't even there, nor were they going to be there. But who am I to question the "Who"?

What did I say?????

Who?

I don't know but it should be "THE Who" :)

Streakn1

Veteran Expediter
Two JT-8 jet engines from a repocessed 737 corporate jet. Must be bad when your jet gets taken by the repo man!

The jet was repoed by the bank, sent to Indy to be gone through and refurbished before being sold. The engines were taken off in Indy, shipped to Miami to a rebuild shop, and we are carrying them bad to Indy to be reinstalled on the jet this coming week. Once the interior and exterior of the jet is refurbished then it will be put up for sell we are told.

bluejaybee

Veteran Expediter
And I stand corrected. Personally, I had never heard of them. But they were "The Who". And I guess they still are?

Who?

Why, "The Who".

Time for another Mountain Dew!

Reckon "The Who, do the Dew?

Alright, I'm going to bed.

bluejaybee

Veteran Expediter
The engines were taken off in Indy, shipped to Miami to a rebuild shop, and we are carrying them bad to Indy to be reinstalled on the jet this coming week. Once the interior and exterior of the jet is refurbished then it will be put up for sell we are told.

You are carrying bad engines to Indy to be reinstalled??? Shame on you.

P51bombay

Expert Expediter
If you think truck repair prices are high you should see Jet repair prices. In my VERY brief stink as an AC tech I was helping (among other things) replace the split windscreen on a Learjet. Normal cost of replacement including parts at the time was $300,000, this shop did them much cheaper. I'm not sure how much cheaper but the parts cost of a windshield half alone was $25,000

P51bombay

Expert Expediter
And I stand corrected. Personally, I had never heard of them. But they were "The Who". And I guess they still are?

Who?

Why, "The Who".

Time for another Mountain Dew!

Reckon "The Who, do the Dew?

Alright, I'm going to bed.

How about "The Guess Who".............wanna get into how they got that name? :)