What is it about idling?

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
We have a APU but do have to idle if we are running the microwave. Also if it gets too hot we idle to help out the APU. It cannot keep up if it gets too hot.

Thats why i am adding a roof mount ac unit the rigmasters ac doesnt quite cut it up front its great in the sleeper area but i sit up front on my computer or watching tv

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
I never minded the idlers......never stayed where they were, unlike the folks that were/are bothered by them. sides, I always figgured it made em go broker faster with all of em that had too many don't wannas. Loved it!

That's what it is about idling.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
I would say many of u have been doing the math and idling now has reach a plateau that it is to expensive to do so. I have an older 2200 watt gnerator that uses 4 gallons every 8 or 9 hrs for my hvac unit in my van. So u can see that its just as cheap to stay in a motel now as it is to run my generator for 3 or 4 days in Laredo for an example. Times are a changing and change is all we have left in our pockets. imho

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
I would say many of u have been doing the math and idling now has reach a plateau that it is to expensive to do so. I have an older 2200 watt gnerator that uses 4 gallons every 8 or 9 hrs for my hvac unit in my van. So u can see that its just as cheap to stay in a motel now as it is to run my generator for 3 or 4 days in Laredo for an example. Times are a changing and change is all we have left in our pockets. imho

Bingo!!!!!!