What is FedEx CC "Qualified" and What Does it Involve?

HeadBanger

Seasoned Expediter
Talked to a fleet owner/ potential employer, who said I would have to be FedEx Custon Critical Qualified. I've been looking around for some work, and saw a couple of ads mentioning this. What gives, and can I get it on my own, or do I have to work for a fleet owner who gets me qualified?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You have to fill out an application with FedEx Custom Critical and meet thier requirements for drivers. Typical stuff, # tickets, accidents, DUI's etc. Once you meet this you will be able to drive for any owner that might wish to take you on. Some owner will help you with the process. Welcome to the forum and good luck. Don't be afraid to ask any dumb question just so you can handle dumb answers. layoutshooter

HeadBanger

Seasoned Expediter
Thanks layoutshooter. Just graduated a trucking school a couple of months ago and trying to decide what to do. T/T or Straight. I apperciate the response.:)

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
There are plenty of back posts in this and the Newbies forum that deal with the choice between T/T or straight truck. I can't help you with that one since I have only driven a straight truck. I can tell you that it is a VERY good idea to drive to an owner for at least a year before buying a truck. We drove for an owner for 2 years. Good luck. Layoutshooter

Yesteryear

Expert Expediter
Talked to a fleet owner/ potential employer, who said I would have to be FedEx Custon Critical Qualified. I've been looking around for some work, and saw a couple of ads mentioning this. What gives, and can I get it on my own, or do I have to work for a fleet owner who gets me qualified?

Yes, we were wanting to know what this "custom critical" and "white glove" meant also. We are with Tri-State and are no longer looking for a fleet as we drive for the best now, :) but when we were looking we kept seeing this "must be custom critical qualified" and "white glove" qualified. Is custom critical and white glove the same thing? Also, please be more descriptive on the qualifications. Is it just not having any ticket and DUI's? Is there a length of time you must have driven for to qualify? My husband and I are in our 3rd year of driving ST. We have heard the terms many times but never knew what it meant. Would be nice to know just in case we ever do need the info in the future. One never knows in todays economy. :)

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
Do a search on here for "White Glove" and you will find out more than you ever would want to know.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
FedEx Custom Critical is the name of the company same as Tri-State.
White Glove is our premium service that also has several divisions.

Minimum Requirements for FedEx Custom Critical and this is just a few of the requirements to get the full list you would need to contact FedEx Custom Critical.

No record of a preventable accident resulting in a fatality or serious injury.

Any record of a preventable accident resulting in liability costs exceeding $25,000 will result in a safety
review of the driver applicant.

No record, citation, guilty plea or conviction during the one-year period prior to the Motor Vehicle Record

All contractors and their drivers must meet the following guidelines issued by the Transportation Security
Administration (TSA), in conjunction with the Department of Transportation (DOT), for the transport of
Hazardous Goods.

White Glove Services® Division
General Requirements and Recruiting Criteria
Acceptance: Decisions on selection, acceptance and requirements are made by Contractor Relations.
Minimum service qualifications: To be considered for White Glove Services, applicants who have not previously been White Glove-qualified must have a minimum of six months experience with Surface Expedite and have demonstrated outstanding performance during that time. Applicants seeking requalification with White Glove Services after disqualification must have 12 months experience with Surface Expedite with outstanding performance to be considered.
No animals: Units with animals on board are not accepted into White Glove Services. White Glove units that are later identified as having an animal on board will be disqualified.
Additional minimum requirements: White Glove Services shipments require qualified, uniformed driver teams with company issued photo identification cards and the appropriate specialized equipment. White Glove Services drivers are expected to conduct themselves in a professional, businesslike manner while handling White Glove Services shipments. Due to the nature of White Glove shipments, drivers are expected to use discretion and refrain from casual discussion of sensitive shipments they may be carrying.
Training and qualification requirements: Driver teams should be willing to complete additional training, including programs for explosives and radioactive transportation. In addition, drivers are expected to complete a background investigation for security clearance necessary to handle classified shipments for the United States government and its vendors.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
I'd think a decent pulse would be needed also. Headbanging at orientation is optional, but, not recommended.