What in the colors....

mbc383

Expert Expediter
Hello:
I am wondering what's in the color. I see alot straight trucks and cargo vans and they are all white. I did see straight truck with a blue cab but the rest was still white. There are 256 colors why is it stuck on white. I would think you see all kinds you have to buy your cargo van or straight truck the color choice should be up to one who put the money for it. What about the rims. There is no mags rims.What's up there is no mag rule with expediters. I have seen christmas tree lights on a truck how tacky is that. I am not talking about lift kits but it should be some hip hop to expedite trucks. Your truck is your home you would not have every home be white so what's up that...... Linda and Micheal

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Try spending time in a black or dark blue truck in 105*in any of southern border towns in Texas, NM, Arizona or even in 100 in Ala or Fla or Colo ...Beyond that, I don;t know of any truck manufacturer that gives a choice of 256 colors...

As far as mag wheels, yea they are available for higher gvw trucks, and they are on more then a few... more so alumimum wheels, no so much magnesim... But, they don't make the O/O much money when you get right don't to it....lower unsprung weight isn't a big big deal when figuring fuel mileage....

Monty

Expert Expediter
Most folks don't order custom colors .... the dealers lot if FULL of white ones in CVC, straight trucks ... and the semis are mostly "resale red".

mbc383

Expert Expediter
Hello: I will try to make it to the expo this year. I have wanted to go the last two years. I just had no money. I been reading that it has not been a good time to start with no eggs in my basket. I used to drive in Orange, white, and blue trucks but the best was the blue truck it was a cool blue with Marten Transport just the company sucks. I would like to have a nice dark blue cargo van with black trim with mags rims. Today rims are very light almost half of those other rims. You are right the lighter you make your van the more payload you can carry. Your van, straight truck, or big truck should have part of that driver ideal of a truck too....To me my truck is the other woman and it should be hot and lean. I hope to see you at the expo... Bye Bye from Linda and Micheal

Kristi

Active Expediter
Try spending time in a black or dark blue truck in 105*in any of southern border towns in Texas, NM, Arizona or even in 100 in Ala or Fla or Colo ...Beyond that, I don;t know of any truck manufacturer that gives a choice of 256 colors...

As far as mag wheels, yea they are available for higher gvw trucks, and they are on more then a few... more so alumimum wheels, no so much magnesim... But, they don't make the O/O much money when you get right don't to it....lower unsprung weight isn't a big big deal when figuring fuel mileage....

Our first truck was black with a white box and let me tell u... that thing SUCKED when it was hot!

Shoots even in our truck now (all white) it SUCKS when its hot! Lol

Sent from my SCH-I405 using EO Forums

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Mbc: when you get to the Expo, check out Gotta go's truck - it's white, [what isn't painted purple, or decalled, lol] but it's quite distinctive. So is Susie's [large decals of the flag showing through illusions of rips on both sides of the box], ATeam's [stars & stripes graphics on the tractor], and even mine has lavender/blue Airtabs.
That said, you have to complete the foundation before getting to the trimwork: learn how to earn and budget money in expediting, so you can afford to go to the Expo & maybe even trick out your own ride.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
look to the left my last van. no mag wheels but enough chrome to keep you busy polishing during down time.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
look to the left my last van. no mag wheels but enough chrome to keep you busy polishing during down time.

And there ya have it in a nut shell why I think white is the best..
I want clean not flashy and white is the easiest to clean in my book. And I think it holds up the best to fading if kept clean.
Not knocking any customs trucks. I like em as much as anyone does, but I dont wanna spend my down time polishing anymore then I have to. (I have enought greasing to do in my free time)

tbcabs

Seasoned Expediter
My truck is red and it came from the factory that way.... Besides most of the company's only want white trucks so their logo can be seen better....just my 2 pennies

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
white is the standard cause white is the cheapest. white can also be ugly like any other color if not kept up. personally i see no reason for any truck that someone buys new and drives themselves to get all faded and nasty looking. if your gonna spend the money on it you should keep it up. it only takes a good once a year polishing to keep the paint up if you use the rite products and dont let the truck washes put chemicals on it. just a simple wash with soap and water.

never cared for white myself. always thought it showed to much grime. silver hides better than most other colors but then i am biased.

Attachments

• large.jpg
    large.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 27

shadow7663

Expert Expediter
white is the standard cause white is the cheapest. white can also be ugly like any other color if not kept up. personally i see no reason for any truck that someone buys new and drives themselves to get all faded and nasty looking. if your gonna spend the money on it you should keep it up. it only takes a good once a year polishing to keep the paint up if you use the rite products and dont let the truck washes put chemicals on it. just a simple wash with soap and water.

never cared for white myself. always thought it showed to much grime. silver hides better than most other colors but then i am biased.

Tom , I really like blue fenders....:D

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
i dont know why mike keeps walking around with green and yellow paint. i think he is confused. i sent him some red and white paint and some black pinstriping. oh, lets not forget the logos i had made also. LOL

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
i dont know why mike keeps walking around with green and yellow paint. i think he is confused. i sent him some red and white paint and some black pinstriping. oh, lets not forget the logos i had made also. LOL

Ever since that guy in TX told him it was an ugly truck, Mike has been acting funny. Shadow should probably worry.

Sent from my MB860 using EO Forums