What do you know?

Do you know how to check and adjust your brakes?

• I do know, checked them often and adjusted them as needed

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I do know but don't check them or adjust them

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • I don't know, never needed to know

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • I don't need to, I drive a van

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I don't either, though I'd be willing to learn, provided I felt confident that the teacher is qualified - learning wrong is worse than not knowing, IMO.

ronvais

Seasoned Expediter
I know how...I have almost all my tools with me in the truck. I do everything myself...haven't been to the mechanic once for anything. Although maybe it's cause I was a mechanic for a while and I went to school for it.:p

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
My brakes are adjusted by Penske as part of my lease, I don't know a thing about them other than they stop the truck

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
I do but, its something that should be done by a shop.

Deville

Not a Member
So much for self adjusting.

I don't know, but I would like to learn. I have them serviced as needed, or when they don't feel right. I can honestly say that I'm very easy on them, but twice in the past week I really needed them & they worked pretty **** good.

TJ959

Veteran Expediter
I had someone show me once but I have never had to do it. It's been so long now that I probably wouldn't do it right.

bluejaybee

Veteran Expediter
Mine, too, are self adjusting. But, I still check them to make sure they are in adjustment. If they were out, I know how to adjust them.

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
Schneider showed us how to check them, but they were self-adjusting. If they needed adjusting, they would allow experienced drivers do it with a telephone walk-thru from a shop mechanic.

eb