What are the similar things and different things between Black lives matter and the KKK or are the a

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I
simply expressed my sentiments about what you wrote
Which is not engaging in conversation, as you previously claimed. Like I said before, replying with a "LOL" is designed to be dismissive and to shut down someone from the conversation. There is no amount of semantics, back pedaling or spin that will change that.

You remember Witness, right? I gave him opportunity after opportunity to show that he could get along with and play well with others, but he repeatedly demonstrated that he preferred to antagonize, confront, argue and troll others in the Soapbox. He eventually lost his ability to post in the Soapbox. As a rhetorical question for you to think about, just how close do you think you are to that point?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Irrelevant......

One is too many.
Is not irrelevant. Things are getting better, not getting worse. It's not perfect, but it's heading in the right direction. And that's the goal, whether it's one or ten.

Yes, it should never, ever happen, just like a cop should never, ever be killed by a criminal.

Reactions: muttly

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It would appear that the datasets are not really reliable ... soooo ... hard to say or really know for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
36 deaths in 2015 to 9 deaths in 2019 is a considerable difference.
Your article indicated that the 9 unarmed deaths is a soft number and should be higher in 2019. Ok, if that's the argument, then the 2015 should be higher as well. It would still show a substantial decrease.

Reactions: Turtle

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
36 deaths in 2015 to 9 deaths in 2019 is a considerable difference.
Your article indicated that the 9 unarmed deaths is a soft number and should be higher in 2019. Ok, if that's the argument, then the 2015 should be higher as well. It would still show a substantial decrease.

My point is that the datasets are unreliable - you seem to think that means only under-reporting ... and that there’s some sort of “standard deviation” ...

It doesn’t, and I don’t know that there is ...

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
For those who are interested, today I had one of the drainage tubes removed. The one to the abscess that quit draining a while ago. That was an interesting, albeit thoroughly unpleasant experience. I had no idea how long the tubes are. I figured 6 or 8 inches. Nope. This one was 19 inches long. And you know how when you try and straighten out a paper clip, it won't bend straight, because lumps remain where it was bent before? There were two substantial lumps in this tube, and man did they thwomp, thwomp when they popped out the hole. And when he pulled on the tube to remove it, it didn't want to come out, so he just pulled harder. OMG. And as he was pulling it out, at a rate of about one inch per second, it felt like a catfish was in there flopping around on the riverbank.

When it was out, there was immediate relief. For the last week or so, almost all of the pain I've been having is the very tender areas around those holes. Push or tug on a tube, and the pain is excruciating. And the one that hurt the most, by far, is the one he took out. So it hurt like a mother when he was twisting and pulling on it to get it out. But the pain went away instantly when it was finally out.

When he was done, he put a Band-Aid over the hole. That's it. No stitches, no nothing. Just a Band-Aid. I guess it's like pierced ears, where if you don't keep earrings in them the holes will close back up.

Anyway, a week from Friday, on July 10th, I have the surgery where they'll remove the remaining tube and the gallbladder. Three days before that I have to go over and get tested for COVID-19, and get blood drawn, an EKG, and a chest x-ray. Maybe a few other things. Surgery is at 0630 and they expect me to go home a few hours after that.

So here's to waking up after general anesthesia!

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That sounds like loads of fun. Can they at least apply lidocaine or something to the area first? Good luck with the rest of it.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
As for the NFL. There is going to be two national anthems sung at stadiums in week 1 of the season. Also, it's going to be soyonara to the name Redskins and quite possibly the name Washinton as the cancel culture marches on.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
As for the NFL. There is going to be two national anthems sung at stadiums in week 1 of the season. Also, it's going to be soyonara to the name Redskins and quite possibly the name Washinton as the cancel culture marches on.
Ironically, like 96% of Native Americans couldn't give a rat's furry little behind.

Reactions: muttly

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Chattanooga will likely be changing street names which have confederate names, but then again , the south has 1000s of street names that relate to the Civil War.....