What are the similar things and different things between Black lives matter and the KKK or are the a

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I think it does matter if he knew or at least thought it could hurt him.
Also, the video shows the officer chasing him with his gun drawn. He chases him briefly but doesn't shoot until the moment when the taser is pointed at him. This doesn't prove yours or my point, just saying that was the impetus for the shooting - the pointing of the taser.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I can't imagine why he was so cooperative and amiable, then went nuts as soon as the police told him they were placing him under arrest. It makes no sense. It can't be because he was out on parole and a DUI arrest would have wiped that out, because according to CNN, who is afterall a "facts first" news network, he was a "wonderful husband and father. Just wonderful." So I'm having a hard time believing he had a girlfriend, too. It's all got to be FAKE NEWS. Has to be. CNN wouldn't lie or mislead me.

As for the drugs and my stomach. So far, so good.

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Yea it felt just like that on the right side just under the ribs........
Definitely right there.

Had a CAT scan yesterday morning. I haven't talked with the surgeon yet, but later yesterday I had a routine followup with my regular doctor, and he said, "Your CT results are in. Let's take a look!" And he read them over. Said, to him anyway, everything about it looks positive. Said the gallbladder is deflated, which is good. No mention of the abscess. No nefarious notes.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Sounds about as good a report as possible. Hopefully the rest of the "adventure" goes as well.

Reactions: Turtle

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
systemic - relating to a system, especially as opposed to a particular part.

"of the leadership of policing" is a particular part, not the entire system.

Leadership of policing ... is “a system” in and of itself.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Leadership of policing ... is “a system” in and of itself.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
Oh, my bad. I didn't realize we could take individual parts of a system and call them systems in and of themselves. I never heard of that before. I learned something new!

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Oh, my bad. I didn't realize we could take individual parts of a system and call them systems in and of themselves. I never heard of that before. I learned something new!

Sure ... take business management for example.

That could be said to be a system of running a business, for fun and/or profit.

Now within that context, you have the matter of logistics and inventory ... which are systems unto themselves (and not solely confined to for profit businesses either)

At any rate, I was glad I could help ...

Last edited:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Anyways, back to the matter at hand.

I was recently contemplating this whole “systemic racism” thing and ran across this nice conservative lady’s thoughts that seemed to tie into that:

George Floyd Changed My Mind

What do you think of her take on it ?

I think she makes some good points ...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Anyways, back to the matter at hand.

I was recently contemplating this whole “systemic racism” thing and ran across this nice conservative lady’s thoughts that seemed to tie into that:

George Floyd Changed My Mind

What do you think of her take on it ?

I think she makes some good points ...
A nice conservative lady who is just as anti-Trump and leftist as the Bulwark's founder? A lady who's body of work over the last three years belies her conservative claim? Her columns are written from a clear, unabashed bias, using all the right progressive liberal buzzwords and talking points. As to this particular article, she undeniably makes some good points (she's an excellent writer, for the most part, even when I disagree with her), but she also picks and chooses per points, studies, and data very carefully. She pretends to do a deep dive on police racism (again, makes some good points), but her objective is police racism and not a full picture. She has a short, throwaway paragraph on fuller context, but quickly dismisses it with an "and yet" in the next paragraph. She screwed the pooch when she broached the "Was it the sheer accumulation of cases?" without giving the full context of cases. The sheer accumulation of cases, if you look only or primarily at those cases in a vacuum, it's alarming, but if looked as in the context of hundreds of millions of black interactions with the police, the sheer accumulation is miniscule.

Do the police (and the populace at large) view whites, blacks and every other ethnic group differently? Of course they (and we) do. Everybody is a little bit racist. We're all pattern recognition machines, and we're hard wired to treat "different" as different. People are people, and how individuals deal with their own racism is what matters. Are blacks pulled over for driving while black? Yes they are, and it shouldn't happen, but it does. It also happens the other way around. It happened to me. I can give the details if anyone is interested, but it's just an isolated case. But if I gathered up a whole bunch of similar isolated cases, would the sheer number of them make any difference?

Reactions: muttly

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
LOL ...

“What you’re seeing and what you’re reading is not what’s happening,” Trump said.

So instead of engaging in conversation, you reply with a LOL and a random 2 year old out of context quote? Really?

Ironically, that quote not only applies to the MSM reporting the economy was in the toilet when it wasn't, and the tariffs on China were killing the economy when it didn't, which is what his comment in context was about, the MSM is right now, today, not being honest brokers of the news regarding racism in the US. The MSM business model long ago stopped being about providing news and facts. Those days are long gone. It's all agenda driven now, They're not even pretending anymore. It's about spoonfeeding confirmation bias, getting and keeping people riled up and scared. It's about the clicks and the views. If you're not reading the MSM for its comedic value, you're doing it wrong.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
A nice conservative lady who is just as anti-Trump and leftist as the Bulwark's founder? A lady who's body of work over the last three years belies her conservative claim? Her columns are written from a clear, unabashed bias, using all the right progressive liberal buzzwords and talking points. As to this particular article, she undeniably makes some good points (she's an excellent writer, for the most part, even when I disagree with her), but she also picks and chooses per points, studies, and data very carefully. She pretends to do a deep dive on police racism (again, makes some good points), but her objective is police racism and not a full picture. She has a short, throwaway paragraph on fuller context, but quickly dismisses it with an "and yet" in the next paragraph. She screwed the pooch when she broached the "Was it the sheer accumulation of cases?" without giving the full context of cases. The sheer accumulation of cases, if you look only or primarily at those cases in a vacuum, it's alarming, but if looked as in the context of hundreds of millions of black interactions with the police, the sheer accumulation is miniscule.

Do the police (and the populace at large) view whites, blacks and every other ethnic group differently? Of course they (and we) do. Everybody is a little bit racist. We're all pattern recognition machines, and we're hard wired to treat "different" as different. People are people, and how individuals deal with their own racism is what matters. Are blacks pulled over for driving while black? Yes they are, and it shouldn't happen, but it does. It also happens the other way around. It happened to me. I can give the details if anyone is interested, but it's just an isolated case. But if I gathered up a whole bunch of similar isolated cases, would the sheer number of them make any difference?
When you have time I would like to hear the details. Thanks

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
When you have time I would like to hear the details. Thanks
In Nashville, on a Saturday night after closing the restaurant late, I decided to drive this one kid home to The Projects instead of letting him walk the nearly 2 miles at 2AM. Really good kid, hard worker, on the ball, smart. 17 years old. During the week he'd walk the mile or so from school to work, and then work from 4PM to 9PM (except during the summers when he could work as late as he wanted), and then usually have a ride home. But that night he didn't have a ride, nobody else working lived in that direction, so I took him home. I dropped him off in front of his building, made sure he got inside OK, and then went along my merry way.

A couple of blocks away I got pulled over by two of Nashville's finest, both cops were black. They wanted to know, without saying it outright, what my lily white ass in my candy apple red Camaro was doing in that neighborhood at 2AM on a Saturday night. They had me get out of the car, patted me down, took my driver's license, and over my objections searched my car (they never said, but I assume they were looking for the drugs they were sure that I either just bought or were selling). They asked me what I was doing there, and I told them, but that didn't satisfy them. After my third objection on the illegal search, saying they can't search my vehicle without probable cause, they placed me in handcuffs and told me they had probable cause, I was "the wrong color in the wrong neighborhood at the wrong time." I'll never forget that. But I also kinda understood it, you know, me, in that neighborhood, in the middle of the night, what's wrong with this picture? So I stood there patiently, and waited for them to finish. After about 20 minutes they were satisfied and they let me go, warning me against hanging out in that neighborhood at night, or during the day.

Reactions: davekc and muttly

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Nope - I’m pretty sure I did engage in conversation.

Yes.
You're mistaken. Replying with an LOL and posting a 2 year old quote out of context is not engaging in conversation, it's trolling. And if you want to push this any further, I can prove it to you. My patience with trolling, of posting things specifically to get a reaction out of someone, especially when someone offers nothing of consequence of any of the other forums, instead of discussing the issues at hand, is officially at an end. I'm sick and tired of dealing with the PMs about it.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
I simply expressed my sentiments about what you wrote ... and used a quote which seemed applicable, given the general subject matter under discussion (mistreatment of people of color at the hands of law enforcement acting under the color of law)

It appears that a substantial portion of the American public is waking up to the fact that all is not well in the law enforcement community ...

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I simply expressed my sentiments about what you wrote ... and used a quote which seemed applicable, given the general subject matter under discussion (mistreatment of people of color at the hands of law enforcement acting under the color of law)

It appears that a substantial portion of the American public is waking up to the fact that all is not well in the law enforcement community ...
Can you please explain why then the deaths of unarmed black men from police went from 36 in 2015 to about 10 in 2019?