What a treat!

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
I had the great pleasure of meeting up with Cheri1122 today!! We might still have been gabbin if Panther hadn't decided to change our plans. :rolleyes:
I had a great time girl, just wish it could have been longer!! Maybe next time :)

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Ditto - I enjoyed it very much, and look forward to doing it again. It's always cool to put a face to the name, yes? :)
And now, I'm on my way to Wichita, oboyoboy!:D

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
I bet Wichita for a D unit is like that Mississippi gumbo mud was for me in that loaded Peterbilt hauling rice off the farm a few years back. You go to get in it to get the job done, and once you get there you're going to be there for a minute. I just don't think a big John Deere tractor will do you much good in your situation. :)

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Hey Pelicn glad you and Cheri got to meet! I bet that was a blast Cheri can sure keep you going and is fun to be around!

I am afraid moose has said it though DH 2 KC and Wichita is the kiss of death for us.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
It wouldn't be a dead zone for me this time, if I'd only kept those Panther decals handy, lol.
When I called the consignee to verify delivery time, he asked "You're taking the return load to New York, right?" Upon further conversation, it was clear that he thought I was the Panther unit (I introduced myself when I called, but you know men don't listen:rolleyes:) who had not yet arrived from NY.
I could have slapped on some black cats & hijacked a cross country load! (And I'd have been laughing, the entire way, too.:D:D :D

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Ok, it wouldn't be a cross country run - I forgot that I'm not in California anymore.
And of course I wouldn't reeeally do it......probably.
O wait - would it get me in the Expediters Hall of Fame, d'ya think? Cause I'd definitely do it, just for that. :cool:
So, is anybody else gonna be in KC tomorrow? :D

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Can hear Cheri now........"I run those "invisible" black cats......LOL

Not gonna be in KS..still stuck in Seville :(

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Thanks, Dave. :) But according to Miss Julia, (one of my favorite fictional characters) who is THE expert on class, a lady speaks softly, walks with excellent posture, sits modestly, smiles most of the time, and defers to the gentleman. (At least in public)
I am still ROFLMAO, cause I know a lot of women with class, and not one of them acts like that. :D

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Thanks, Dave. :) But according to Miss Julia, (one of my favorite fictional characters) who is THE expert on class, a lady speaks softly, walks with excellent posture, sits modestly, smiles most of the time, and defers to the gentleman. (At least in public)
I am still ROFLMAO, cause I know a lot of women with class, and not one of them acts like that. :D

YIKES! That's the definition? Ummmm....that leaves me out! :rolleyes:

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Dang! I should check this forum more often. I dropped in Wichita yesterday(9/04) morning. You could have bought me breakfast. Moved to Oak Grove, Mo last night and got a load this morning. Oh well, maybe next time...

moose

Veteran Expediter
We are in Decatur ,A.L ,,,(for the weekend ???)
anyone up for a late Breakfast at The Waffle shack ???

Come on to the Dark side , We got Cookies...
Moose.