Well Played Mr. President!

cubansammich

Not a Member
Everybody was wondering what his plan was, well wonder no more. This is a well played chess game with him sitting back with a plan to react to the outcome. We have not seen such a masterful game of diplomacy since JFK and the Cuban missile crisis.

What did he do? Well lets start with the American people, he has explained that he does not want to strike but will and why. Chemical weapons use must not be accepted, condoned or allowed. The deferment of the congressional vote is key to keeping America's full force available. The fact that he has stated that he wants to act only with Congressional approval also shows his respect for the American separation of power.

To the world he has shown to be a strong leader but not an over bearing war monger. He is leading the free world without being a bully. That is a tough line to walk.

He has left all options available, and threw the ball to Syria. Look at the offer before strike to eliminate the chemical weapons without one shot being fired. He has also laid out that he has no intentions of putting boots on the ground in Syria. He also does not want to play parent to them and their government by ridding one extremist for another extremist. This guy may be better than a new one.

We still have to see how it plays out but early on he is looking firm and unyielding in his stance. Given the options at hand he has played this brilliantly to this point in time. Bravo Mr. President!

I see a lot of complaining about his handling of this without any real suggestions of what should have been done and why. If you are one to jump in and say what he has done wrong please tell us what he should have done. Keep in mind our relations with Russia are on the line here and this is the best play, sane and sensible with a firm resolve.

cubansammich

Not a Member
Not sarcasm Jimby simple opinion. What should he have done and why? With the situation at hand I believe he has played it masterfully.

Don't just be anti Obama cause he is Obama on EVERY issue. If he is wrong here tell us why and what the proper response should have been.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I think you are talking about Putin. In the current negotiations, Obama isn't even involved. Kerry is there but Putin is directing what Syria will or won't do.

red-line-obama-syria-wont-act-on-his-own-words-russia-assad-chemical-gas-attack.jpg

cubansammich

Not a Member
I think you are talking about Putin. In the current negotiations, Obama isn't even involved. Kerry is there but Putin is directing what Syria will or won't do.
To you Dave as well

Don't just be anti Obama cause he is Obama on EVERY issue. If he is wrong here tell us why and what the proper response should have been.

1roaddog

Seasoned Expediter
The first sign of chemical weapons movement should have resulted in a flyover ands phone call warning them not to move the weapons.further movement should have been met with the limited air strikes.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
Everybody was wondering what his plan was, well wonder no more. This is a well played chess game with him sitting back with a plan to react to the outcome. We have not seen such a masterful game of diplomacy since JFK and the Cuban missile crisis.

What did he do? Well lets start with the American people, he has explained that he does not want to strike but will and why. Chemical weapons use must not be accepted, condoned or allowed. The deferment of the congressional vote is key to keeping America's full force available. The fact that he has stated that he wants to act only with Congressional approval also shows his respect for the American separation of power.

To the world he has shown to be a strong leader but not an over bearing war monger. He is leading the free world without being a bully. That is a tough line to walk.

He has left all options available, and threw the ball to Syria. Look at the offer before strike to eliminate the chemical weapons without one shot being fired. He has also laid out that he has no intentions of putting boots on the ground in Syria. He also does not want to play parent to them and their government by ridding one extremist for another extremist. This guy may be better than a new one.

We still have to see how it plays out but early on he is looking firm and unyielding in his stance. Given the options at hand he has played this brilliantly to this point in time. Bravo Mr. President!

I see a lot of complaining about his handling of this without any real suggestions of what should have been done and why. If you are one to jump in and say what he has done wrong please tell us what he should have done. Keep in mind our relations with Russia are on the line here and this is the best play, sane and sensible with a firm resolve.

Resign!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Ok...simple. First, He never should have brought up the "crossing the red line".Mistake Second, he keeps saying he alone can go to war there when he needs the approval of Congress. Mistake Third, he is threatening to launch an attack on a sovereign nation.Mistake And.....I could go on.
This whole thing is a disaster like Bengazi. And of course at this point, he doesn't have Congessional approval to do anything.
Not looking promising that he would get it either. Mistake

Last edited:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
More like 'Well played President....Putin. Our President got played. After a week of Obama making a fool of himself and continuesly getting pounded, Putin decides to throw him a lifeline. Our clown in chief finally comes to the realization how much of an amatuer and joke he is being decides to latch on to Putin's gift. Playa got played.

cubansammich

Not a Member
We got one we should have said to not move the chem weapons at the first sign whenever that was then an airstrike if non compliance.

We have on resign and I suppose let Joe Biden handle it and Dave's

Ok...simple. First, He never should have brought up the "crossing the red line".Mistake Second, he keeps saying he alone can go to war there when he needs the approval of Congress. Mistake Third, he is threatening to launch an attack on a sovereign nation.Mistake And.....I could go on.
This whole thing is a disaster like Bengazi. And of course at this point, he doesn't have Congessional approval to do anything.
Not looking promising that he would get it either. Mistake

So he brought up the redl ine no big deal, unwise? maybe. I believe he can order some limited strikes for a short period of time without them if he sees fit. He is getting results without actually firing a shot thus far. If they do not comply he will get his approval or congress will appear weak. How is it a disaster like Benghazi? No troops at risk and we are flexing our muscles, it is brilliant strategy and the best case scenario with what happened.

Again you are showing his alleged mistakes but offer nothing about what the proper response would have been. Easy to criticize without another plan, at least the other two responders had something.

cubansammich

Not a Member
More like 'Well played President....Putin. Our President got played. After a week of Obama making a fool of himself and continuesly getting pounded, Putin decides to throw him a lifeline. Our clown in chief finally comes to the realization how much of an amatuer and joke he is being decides to latch on to Putin's gift. Playa got played.
What would Commander in Chief Muttly have done?

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
We got one we should have said to not move the chem weapons at the first sign whenever that was then an airstrike if non compliance.

We have on resign and I suppose let Joe Biden handle it and Dave's

So he brought up the redl ine no big deal, unwise? maybe. I believe he can order some limited strikes for a short period of time without them if he sees fit. He is getting results without actually firing a shot thus far. If they do not comply he will get his approval or congress will appear weak. How is it a disaster like Benghazi? No troops at risk and we are flexing our muscles, it is brilliant strategy and the best case scenario with what happened.

Again you are showing his alleged mistakes but offer nothing about what the proper response would have been. Easy to criticize without another plan, at least the other two responders had something.

Wrong......he doesn't have authority for limited strikes unless we are attacked or in danger. Neither exists.
He will not get approval based on the most recent numbers out of Congress. In fact....he isn't even close.
If he proceeds without Congressional approval, he should be impeached. That thought is shared by many democrats including Dennis Kuscinch.

What would I do.
Simple, nothing. It isn't our business to get involved in a civil war. We have no business there and haven't been threatened. And of course the obvious....we are broke. 17 trillion in debt. We can't afford it. Like Bengazi? yes. Jumping into something with absolutley no planning or thought process. And still today....they are all over the place with no strategy other than to save Obama from looking bad and to promote a few economic circumstances.
And...we do look weak. Obama already set the stage for that.

Last edited:

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
They can't help being anti Obama on every issue just because he is Obama, it's what they've done since he was elected [the first time], and they have a lot invested in that position. :rolleyes:
I think you're giving Obama too much credit, myself. He got lucky when the citizens spoke loud & clear to stop the sabre rattling, because he really can't do a lot without the people's [and Congress'] approval, but appearing 'weak' is the last thing he wants. He also got lucky with Putin - wonder what it's going to cost on down the road a ways....

cubansammich

Not a Member
Wrong......he doesn't have authority for limited strikes unless we are attacked or in danger. Neither exists.
He will not get approval based on the most recent numbers out of Congress. In fact....he isn't even close.
If he proceeds without Congressional approval, he should be impeached. That thought is shared by many democrats including Dennis Kuscinch.

What would I do.
Simple, nothing. It isn't our business to get involved in a civil war. We have no business there and haven't been threatened. And of course the obvious....we are broke. 17 trillion in debt. We can't afford it. Like Bengazi? yes. Jumping into something with absolutley no planning or thought process. And still today....they are all over the place with no strategy other than to save Obama from looking bad and to promote a few economic circumstances.
And...we do look weak. Obama already set the stage for that.
Doing nothing would have made us look weak. This is a tough situation being handled with tact and foresight. We are in a weak appearing public situation. Two hugely unpopular wars have made America appear to be afraid to use force. Obama has made it clear that while we do not choose to go to war haphazardly we will strike when it is proper.

How do you know there is no plan or thought process? We sure would look weak with your do nothing plan.

cubansammich

Not a Member
They can't help being anti Obama on every issue just because he is Obama, it's what they've done since he was elected [the first time], and they have a lot invested in that position. :rolleyes:
I think you're giving Obama too much credit, myself. He got lucky when the citizens spoke loud & clear to stop the sabre rattling, because he really can't do a lot without the people's [and Congress'] approval, but appearing 'weak' is the last thing he wants. He also got lucky with Putin - wonder what it's going to cost on down the road a ways....
Set up lose lose from day one. He turned it on them and they are angry. If he strikes he is a war monger like Bush, do nothing he is weak. He handled it perfectly. I want to strike them give me the tools Republican congress. This ploy has so many benefits in so many ways it is brilliant, and Putin is scrambling to save his buddies hiney. Obama has made it clear he is fair and resolved, but will strike if you push him.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Syria has neither signed nor acceded to the Chemical Weapons Convention. Syria is not bound by it in any way and attempts to use force to insure Syrian compliance could be, and likely should be, considered a breach of international law. Any attacks on a Syria, a sovereign nation, without provocation, would be an act of war.

Meddling in the internal affairs of other nations has gotten us in FAR too much trouble over the years and a continuation of those policies will continue to do so.

Syria is not a threat to the United States at this time and is in no way a threat to our Constitution. Use of US military force in this case is unwarranted and reckless.

What is taking place in Syria is due to civil war, and, as horrible as it is, it is none of our business.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I think what you have to get past is whether it is Obama or someone else, you still have the same problems. Whether it is democrat or republican, it is illegal without Congessional approval. Obama knows that, that is why the big pause to ask Congress if it was ok. :rolleyes:
It really is that simple.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Doing nothing would have made us look weak. This is a tough situation being handled with tact and foresight. We are in a weak appearing public situation. Two hugely unpopular wars have made America appear to be afraid to use force. Obama has made it clear that while we do not choose to go to war haphazardly we will strike when it is proper.

How do you know there is no plan or thought process? We sure would look weak with your do nothing plan.

Pick your poison. Either look weak or look like total idiots. That is what happens when you "lead from behind" or do "apology tours".

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
Everyones so Indignant about Chemical weapons yet we all have them, Why didnt the UN step up and say thats it, SANCTIONS and enforce some finacial restrictions on Syria if it would work, But face it we all have Chemical weapons, we all agree there too terrible to use yet they get used...The World need to be together, not just Obama, hes the easiset to take pot shots at, I wouldnt want his job, but he trys to do the right thing rather then standing on an Aircraft Carrier and saying WE WON....As the WORLD is so aghast at the Murder of children by gas just look at the millions STARVING in oil rich countrys where the leaders jet to NYC and buy art and live in Park Ave apts yet the people starve and die from disease and famine...The worls is no perfect place and the Middle east is about as far from perfcet as you can get....Factions, Sects, Religous Zealots, Dictators, Mullahs, Princes and Billionaires who take every penny from the oil and leave the people to die in the sand....Not one of them worthy of Allah or GOD...