Welcome to January 2014! New month, year, beginnings?

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
January in Texas did not start off with a bang, that is for sure. :( But, it seems to be clearing itself up.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Dispatched for one. If all goes as planned, I will be dining at my favorite Amish buffet tomorrow, yum yum :)

I can't believe it. About 3 1/2 hrs before I leave home for my pick up. I wake up cold and shivering, I thought I was getting sick. Turns out the furnace in not working :mad: Emergency service in route hopefully a quick fix :(

Update: Furnace Igniter was the problem, all fixed. Thankfully didn't have to be pulled off the load :) Also with the temp at -6, I'm really glad it happened before I left.

Last edited:

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Mission accomplished, they did a pretty good job with the snow.

1390484255604.jpg

1390484278302.jpg

1390484292229.jpg

sent from my Fisher Price - ABC123

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I can't believe it. About 3 1/2 hrs before I leave home for my pick up. I wake up cold and shivering, I thought I was getting sick. Turns out the furnace in not working :mad: Emergency service in route hopefully a quick fix :(

Update: Furnace Igniter was the problem, all fixed. Thankfully didn't have to be pulled off the load :) Also with the temp at -6, I'm really glad it happened before I left.

Your wife can't use the telephone like you did? Lol

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx

never mind put it in the suggestion box instead.....:)

Last edited:

wombat52

Veteran Expediter
i sure do know it is JANUARY i looked at the calender in my truck .like for the last 6 days i been looking at it ,
and i tell ya what there is this tree when i got here it was leave less but in the last 6 days this tree i think it is a peach tree has got buds of bloosom on it i reckon if i sit here much longer in georgia i will be it all peachy.. cannot understand why load 1 dispatcher cannot find one load out of here even if it is january ..
i am feeling like peach time in georgia of the forgotten fruit that falls from the tree ...
happy little peachy
wombat ;)

fr8hlr521

Active Expediter
Ahhhh...back "home" in beautiful Taylor. Get the qualcomm fixed tomorrow and hopefully get the 'big boy' graphics Friday. That's good for a pay raise! :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using EO Forums mobile app

SWTexas1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
ImageUploadedByEO Forums1390440090.116255.jpg
Well this has been the way my last couple of days have gone. Started Two days ago when I got stuck in a dock at a shipper and had to have tow truck pull me out. Then a nice officer from the State of Michigan didn't like where I had items mounted on my dash. Then this morning rear door pops lose as I'm backing in to the dock for a sweet paying load. Oh well dinner at the hotel tonight along with a adult beverage and I will start over after the truck fixed

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
View attachment 8395
Well this has been the way my last couple of days have gone. Started Two days ago when I got stuck in a dock at a shipper and had to have tow truck pull me out. Then a nice officer from the State of Michigan didn't like where I had items mounted on my dash. Then this morning rear door pops lose as I'm backing in to the dock for a sweet paying load. Oh well dinner at the hotel tonight along with a adult beverage and I will start over after the truck fixed

Ouch! Sorry for your bad luck. How does a door just pop off?

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
i sure do know it is JANUARY i looked at the calender in my truck .like for the last 6 days i been looking at it ,
and i tell ya what there is this tree when i got here it was leave less but in the last 6 days this tree i think it is a peach tree has got buds of bloosom on it i reckon if i sit here much longer in georgia i will be it all peachy.. cannot understand why load 1 dispatcher cannot find one load out of here even if it is january ..
i am feeling like peach time in georgia of the forgotten fruit that falls from the tree ...
happy little peachy
wombat ;)

Huh-huh... you said fruit.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I had rear door open up like that on me when I drove semi and popped right off. Not a fun experience :(