Welcome to January 2014! New month, year, beginnings?

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
I finally got to start one of these LOL... Welcome to January, and welcome to 2014~

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Happy New Year. New year, new oil at a nice even number on the odometer. 559911. --eb

Will be getting my New Year oil and rotors Saturday around 373k. Not too shabby for an 02. So far she has been pretty good to me, knock on wood :)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Will be getting my New Year oil and rotors Saturday around 373k. Not too shabby for an 02. So far she has been pretty good to me, knock on wood :)

If you drive it right you should get around 300k to a set of front pads and rotors....and about 500k to a set of rears....Only changed rears once so far....over 800 k and still about 50% worn on this set...so I'll make over a million miles....

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not the way I wanted to start the day. Had a frozen water pipe. Just glad I was home. The repair guy said he is already booked up with a lot of frozen pipes today.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not the way I wanted to start the day. Had a frozen water pipe. Just glad I was home. The repair guy said he is already booked up with a lot of frozen pipes today.

How does someone living in MI get a frozen pipe?.....LOL....you leave the outside spigot on?

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
How does someone living in MI get a frozen pipe?.....LOL....you leave the outside spigot on?

Funny. I know it don't get as cold as your parts, but constant low temps can still take it's toll. Currently 12F -3 windchill where I am. Odd thing was the cold water was working fine, the hot water line froze. Go figure :rolleyes:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Funny. I know it don't get as cold as your parts, but constant low temps can still take it's toll. Currently 12F -3 windchill where I am. Odd thing was the cold water was working fine, the hot water line froze. Go figure :rolleyes:

It must be on an outside wall?....under a crawl space?....you need that pipe wrap insulation on them suckers....about $1.98 a section

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It must be on an outside wall?....under a crawl space?....you need that pipe wrap insulation on them suckers....about $1.98 a section

The crawl space definitely will be needing some insulation. Too much draft and snow getting in. He said there was 3 inches of snow around the area that was frozen :eek: I get pretty good wind gust and snow drifts coming off of the lake.

---Side note, the repair man was a former express-1 cargo van driver. So we had a lot to talk about :p

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
The crawl space definitely will be needing some insulation. Too much draft and snow getting in. He said there was 3 inches of snow around the area that was frozen :eek: I get pretty good wind gust and snow drifts coming off of the lake.

---Side note, the repair man was a former express-1 cargo van driver. So we had a lot to talk about :p

now you have a summer project....crawl under there now you are smaller with all them spiders and creepy crawlers...BTW...don't use hay....some people cheap out and try hay as an insulator in crawl spaces....the hay holds the moisture and will go moldy and you end up with a real unhealthy problem....

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
now you have a summer project....crawl under there now you are smaller with all them spiders and creepy crawlers...BTW...don't use hay....some people cheap out and try hay as an insulator in crawl spaces....the hay holds the moisture and will go moldy and you end up with a real unhealthy problem....

Thought about doing hay then dismissed it. No way am I going under there haha. Ring Ring, hello person who will do this :p

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
More snow and deep freeze tonight, bundle up. I guess I will delay my morning blood draw a little and let the snow plows do some clearing. OVM you on it? :p