Welcome to August Please Save Us!!! Location Forum

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Ohhhh MJ. Sr must have been thrilled.....LOL
I used to make a lot of money from running shorties. Dispatch always knew how many hours I had left and that I would go out of service at the 4 hour mark to do my 10. Didn't always result in multiple loads, but by communicating I made sure dispatch knew they had a resource available. Drivers sometimes cut their own throats by not using the QC.

If dispatch isn't paying attention, then Sr. needs to know that so he can correct it.

1expeditor

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Savannah!!!.....WTH!!! holy crap....a load hasn't gone outta there since 2004......LOL

should be up in N Charleston area at least!

Dang it really? i was just going with what dispatch was suggesting i am only over 100 miles from N Charleston been a rough week......

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Dang it really? i was just going with what dispatch was suggesting i am only over 100 miles from N Charleston been a rough week......

I "think" most in here would favour going all the way to N Charleston area.....so much more load possibilities up there....

now I've said that..... your phone will ring....LOL

1expeditor

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I "think" most in here would favour going all the way to N Charleston area.....so much more load possibilities up there....

Well hoping for the phone to ring just once takes 1 good load to make up for the
week...just my opinion...:cool:

flattop40

Expert Expediter
I used to make a lot of money from running shorties. Dispatch always knew how many hours I had left and that I would go out of service at the 4 hour mark to do my 10. Didn't always result in multiple loads, but by communicating I made sure dispatch knew they had a resource available. Drivers sometimes cut their own throats by not using the QC.

If dispatch isn't paying attention, then Sr. needs to know that so he can correct it.

I have absolutely no problem running shorties as long as on occasion you can get more than 1 per day. Not asking for it every time but if you know the possibility exists it helps keep you motivated to accepting the little ones.

At my previous carrier, if you got a call from the head dispatcher, you knew it wasn't a desirable load. But I learned that if you said you would take it and asked if there was anything they could tag you on at the completion of the first run. 75% of the time there was or you would get a load during the time you were running or soon after. I tried the same thing last week with a dispatcher and it was like I started speaking Spanish to them and didn't understand what I was saying.

I scratch your back if you scratch mine. Just give me hope of utilizing the remaining hours I have left in the day is all I am asking.

guido4475

Not a Member

I wouldn't go any further than st. George. I feelthat by going into charleston you may limit you usefulness and possibly put yourself in a corner. By going to st george you are accessible to so many areas close by such as Charleston, Columbia, summerville to name a few. Don't put all you're eggs in one basket. Triangulate.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums mobile app

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I wouldn't go any further than st. George. I feelthat by going into charleston you may limit you usefulness and possibly put yourself in a corner. By going to st george you are accessible to so many areas close by such as Charleston, Columbia, summerville to name a few. Don't put all you're eggs in one basket. Triangulate.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums mobile app

well no.....one doesn't need to go into town.....just sit out and on 95 somewhere....close to Manning, Florence , Sumter....all known load areas....gee whiz...

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Happy Friday gang. Feel like I have been a punching bag since the alarm clock went off today....

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
San Antonio by Monday morning!

Are we getting loads out of South Texas again or should I plan on being there awhile??? :eek:

MR.SNAPPY

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Are we getting loads out of South Texas again or should I plan on being there awhile??? :eek:[/QUOTE]

Laredo has been HOT this week...The weather that is..Been here longer then I care to say.1st out since yesterday..If it helps you there has not been any sprinters here all week

guido4475

Not a Member

Are we getting loads out of South Texas again or should I plan on being there awhile??? :eek:

If you end up at the J on Monday morning, Mike, my friend who you met while at the state park in Laredo last year with the van similar to mine, only with a different company, is on his way down there as well.