Web Browser choice

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
What browser do you use? And Why?

Safari here. First, it was default on Mac - didn't like it at first, but find that it's very flexible across all sites.

When I help in our development projects - I have test and use all browsers, bleh.

robh2

Veteran Expediter
I have E, Mozilla, Safari and Chrome. I like Chrome hands down! More stable, works with most any site I visit and cross connects with my Google lifestyle and my Android apps. Best part is when I log onto another computer, I can log into google and everything on the screen is the same as home computer online.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Chrome on Windows laptop. By choice.
Safari on iPhone. Default.

Anyone love a different browser on iPhone? I haven't tried others.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Chrome works OK...seems to hang up and crash on my phone frequently.. works great on My home computer...
Sent from my DROID RAZR using EO Forums mobile app

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I use Firefox. It's far more configurable and customizable than any other browser.

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I don`t believe Chrome is on phones. Android is a whole different animal. To my understanding Chrome is for Keyboard, and Android is for touch screen.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
OK....if you get a new laptop and it has that Windows 8 touch screen on it, can you use another browser or does that mess it up?

sirgregory46

Expert Expediter
I don`t believe Chrome is on phones. Android is a whole different animal. To my understanding Chrome is for Keyboard, and Android is for touch screen.

If you have a android phone it comes with chrome!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using EO Forums mobile app

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
You don't really have to use the Metro interface. I downloaded Google Chrome on my W8 laptop. It added a "tile" on the interface but when I click it it just flips over to the standard Windows desktop and opens Google Chrome.
W8 is not as scary as it was made out to be. It has a few quirks but those can be overcome.

blackpup

Veteran Expediter
You don't really have to use the Metro interface. I downloaded Google Chrome on my W8 laptop. It added a "tile" on the interface but when I click it it just flips over to the standard Windows desktop and opens Google Chrome.
W8 is not as scary as it was made out to be. It has a few quirks but those can be overcome.

Quick question, do you have windows 8 or windows 8.1 ?

jimmy

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I can't believe people are running Firefox and IE here. *Mindblown*

Why? In the latest tests of Chrome, IE, Safari, and Firefox at Tom's Hardware and Amandtech, Firefox came in slightly behind the others in HTML5 support, but easily surpassed the others in speed benchmarks, security.and customizeability. Then there's the fact that Mozilla doesn't make money off your personal data the way Google does.

Google Chrome beat all the others in the 'Shiny Pretty' category, though.

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
Why? In the latest tests of Chrome, IE, Safari, and Firefox at Tom's Hardware and Amandtech, Firefox came in slightly behind the others in HTML5 support, but easily surpassed the others in speed benchmarks, security.and customizeability. Then there's the fact that Mozilla doesn't make money off your personal data the way Google does.

Google Chrome beat all the others in the 'Shiny Pretty' category, though.

Mozilla and IE at least in the past have had extreme crashing problems. Chrome my be prettier which it is IMO but it's never crashed. That's so much more than I can say for IE or Firefox

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Never had ff crash that i recall in years of use on different machines and platforms.

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC 123