We Lost A Good Friend

are12

Expert Expediter
We never met John O, only knew of him thorugh EO.

Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends. May he rest in peace.

tlang563

Seasoned Expediter
I'm so saddened to hear of John's passing. I enjoyed reading his posts and thank him for participating and sharing his experiences with the rest of us. He will be missed. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. Rest easy John and Godspeed. Tom.

wallytrucker1

Expert Expediter
I spoke with John's wife this morning and she told me the family had a private service for John yesterday. She and the family were very humbled by the out pouring of prayers and words of encouragement. She was not involved in the business at all and had no idea of John's involvement with EO and how many people he interacted with here. I should have an address a little later for cards or notes if anyone would like to send one. Thanks everyone.

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
God Bless his wife and family. Even when you've watched your loved one get very ill over a period of time, it doesn't make it any easier to let them go.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
John's address is:

John O Mahoney
45 Lenape Trail
Brick, NJ

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Enjoy Expediter Heaven John O! Where you can stay on line 3 as long as you want. And there are no helmet laws or bugs.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I"m not surprised, but am very sad to know that John O is not with us anymore. He is no doubt continuing to be an angel, just in a different place. When he was with us, he was NOT an "ordinary" man, by a long shot! He was always among the first to volunteer, and it was at the 06 Expo that I had the privilege of working with him, and learning of his volunteer work on the Appalachian Trail Committee, too. He was an ultralight backpacker, among his many other accomplishments, and the journal he kept was fascinating to read. Talking to him always took me back mentally to New Orleans, because the New Jersey accent is heard there, too, and I loved to hear it.
Goodbye John, rest in peace.

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
I never met John, but traded PM's with him a few weeks ago. He was an inspiration and will be missed. Our prayers go out to his family.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
We met John one time at the MATS truck show and had an extended conversation with him. He was a good person and nice guy. It is sad to hear of his passing, but thank you for sharing the news.

Reactions: 1 person

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Rest in Peace, John. He was truly a valuable asset to this community and obviously a fine, fine man.

kinilu57

Expert Expediter
OMG. I thought it was getting better, not worse. This is just heart-breaking. He was so fasinating to talk to. John O sat with Brian and I one night at a Petro and kept us rolling with laughter at his stories about being a rowdy teenager and then becoming a cop. His accent added so much to the stories. He really was a RAY OF SUNSHINE on this site. Our sympathy to his family and to all his friends on here. He will be GREATLY missed by ALL that came into contact with him.
RIP TO A GREAT MAN...

rdtrpn

Seasoned Expediter
My condolences to all of you effected. We don't know each other, but I know what it feels like to lose family and friends.
Take care of yourself and take care of someone else.

TJ959

Veteran Expediter
It's difficult to know what to say. This one really took me by surprise. John will really be missed.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
I never met him face to face, but I did talk to him enough on here that I'm going to miss him. If you want to see the message I just typed John it's on my myspace. I know I'm a nerd.

Packmule

Expert Expediter
It is sad, very sad to loose someone like John O, but that is just us being selfish in our earthly minds. I am sure God had a higher purpose for John that could not be accomplished here on earth.

But knowing John, He's up in heaven trying to negociate a trade of a set of wings for a Harley.

I pray for peace and understanding for Johns Family,

Reactions: 1 person