We are headed for dire times

spudhead911

Seasoned Expediter
I believe both the Democratic and Republican parties are corrupt. They are run by Big Oil and Big Business. Neither party gives two hoots about the working man. The members of both the House and Senate are for sale to the highest bidder.
This country, which I love dearly, is headed on a collision course with dire results. Our Founding Fathers would be ashamed of us citizens, for letting the officials we elected to represent us, put these United States on a course that could lead to our demise.
There is no longer a place the common man can turn to for leadership. Big Money now dictates every aspect of our lives. There are now two classes, the wealthy, and the working poor.
We have lost the respect of other countries, they now laugh at us. Can we blame them? The choices our government has made is leading us on the path of becoming a third world power.
Every day our dollar is worth less and less. Big Business is moving jobs, and whole manufacturing facilities overseas, for no other reason than to make larger profits, putting our citizens out of work. Do you think they care? They are burying this country in debt, and not thinking twice about it. The sad part is our government is letting them do this. Why? Because our government has literally been bought, lock, stock and barrel, by Big Business.
We are selling this country piece meal, to other countries. The oil producing countries of the Middle East are buying up land and businesses here as fast as they can. We are now selling our interstate roads to foreign interests, under the guise of leasing, calling it Public-Private-Partnerships. Foreign interests own the entertainment industry. The worse part of this is that both the Democrats and Republicans think this is a great thing. Why? They have been bought off, that’s why.
What we are headed for will make The Great Depression look like a romp in the park. Make no mistake, we are headed for the worst economic times we have ever seen, and we are almost there. It could well lead to the downfall of The United States of America as a sovereign country. Everyone is waiting for our government to bail us out of the mess we are now in. Guess what, this government no longer has the resources to bail us out. We are on our own. We have been sold out by those we have put in office.
The banking industry is looking for our government to bail them out of the mess they have gotten themselves into. What did they think would happen when they gave out sub-prime loans to people who they knew couldn’t afford the mortgage payments. Now the housing industry is in the toilet, they too are looking for the government to bail them out. The people who were given these loans, and are now having their homes foreclosed on them, they are looking to be bailed out by the government. This is just the start of what is to come.
Am I preaching doom and gloom? You bet your life I am. Open your eyes! Look what is happening around you. The cost of goods and services are going up. Paychecks are shrinking. Our dollar is being depreciated at a record rate. These are not the signs of a healthy economy. The federal government is feeding us a line of horse hockey, which the general public believes.
Something bad is going to happen to us, something very bad. No one can stop it, and it is coming very soon.

Reactions: 1 person

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Blaming corporations for leaving for greener grass is crazy. They were run out by our government! Our federal corporate taxes are 30%! That's the second highest in the world! Notice the ones who stay behind are just fading away.

As far as things changing... not with any of the three we have running for president. Well... they will change... for the worse. Electing these boobs, we deserve what we get. They're more interested in the Kyoto treaty than with fixing the system and letting US fix the economy.

Perfect example... ethanol. It's supposed to be an alternative diesel to help bring the cost down. But in reality, it's giving us $4 a loaf for bread!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
And Eggs!!! Last year you could get a dozen for .75... the other day at Walmart $1,98!!!
And milk,,,don't even go there,,,the staples every family needs rich or poor...

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I believe both the Democratic and Republican parties are corrupt. They are run by Big Oil and Big Business. Neither party gives two hoots about the working man. The members of both the House and Senate are for sale to the highest bidder.

You know I am reading this and thinking ‘whose fault is it?’ It is all of ours. We became complacent and ignorant.

This country, which I love dearly, is headed on a collision course with dire results. Our Founding Fathers would be ashamed of us citizens, for letting the officials we elected to represent us, put these United States on a course that could lead to our demise.

My first comment also applies to this paragraph but see I want to add to this by saying parents are also at fault, they did not teach their kids civic responsibility.

There is no longer a place the common man can turn to for leadership. Big Money now dictates every aspect of our lives. There are now two classes, the wealthy, and the working poor.

There is no such thing as the working poor, this is a term used as part of class warfare. Look at the value of a dollar and then the taxes. But if you don’t want anyone dictating to you, get others moving to change things.

We have lost the respect of other countries, they now laugh at us. Can we blame them? The choices our government has made is leading us on the path of becoming a third world power.

I remember reading about the worlds attitude towards us in the 1950s when Eisenhower started to pull back aid, we were not too popular then, in the 60’s with Vietnam, we lost a lot of creditably and then Carter made us look like a bunch of rednecks who cared more about peanuts than world stability. Our real problem is the dollars strength, not really anything else.

Every day our dollar is worth less and less. Big Business is moving jobs, and whole manufacturing facilities overseas, for no other reason than to make larger profits, putting our citizens out of work. Do you think they care? They are burying this country in debt, and not thinking twice about it. The sad part is our government is letting them do this. Why? Because our government has literally been bought, lock, stock and barrel, by Big Business.

Yes a weak dollar makes our stuff cheaper to buy, but for one reason that many of the company move off shore is our tax system. Like it or not ours is the worst in the world and a change is really needed. I am so surprised that no one wants to actually change it, so they get what they deserve. The other thing that companies move off shore is to bring stuff to you cheaper than if they stayed here. They know people want cheap stuff, so they give it to them… free market.

We are selling this country piece meal, to other countries. The oil producing countries of the Middle East are buying up land and businesses here as fast as they can. We are now selling our interstate roads to foreign interests, under the guise of leasing, calling it Public-Private-Partnerships. Foreign interests own the entertainment industry. The worse part of this is that both the Democrats and Republicans think this is a great thing. Why? They have been bought off, that’s why.

What we are headed for will make The Great Depression look like a romp in the park. Make no mistake, we are headed for the worst economic times we have ever seen, and we are almost there. It could well lead to the downfall of The United States of America as a sovereign country. Everyone is waiting for our government to bail us out of the mess we are now in. Guess what, this government no longer has the resources to bail us out. We are on our own. We have been sold out by those we have put in office.

Well cheap dollar, cheap stuff… maybe propping up the dollar instead of worrying if someone who bought a $400k house on a $60k salary. There is a lot of problems in the credit market but they need to be left alone and not have the government get involved. There needs to be another rise of interest rates to 6% or 7% maybe even as high as 8% with tightening up the money supply. The housing market is still not feeling the crunch, they are still building houses, land is still rising and housing cost is still going up. What I find really upsetting is that the congress is worried about the housing values because the states and cities are losing money, so they will screw up our entire economy because of this. We need to go through a hard recession to prevent us from going through a depression. We need to get the government out of the mortgage business and let the hosing market deflate to the point that there is a 20% or more adjustment.

The banking industry is looking for our government to bail them out of the mess they have gotten themselves into. What did they think would happen when they gave out sub-prime loans to people who they knew couldn’t afford the mortgage payments. Now the housing industry is in the toilet, they too are looking for the government to bail them out. The people who were given these loans, and are now having their homes foreclosed on them, they are looking to be bailed out by the government. This is just the start of what is to come.

The banking industry does not want the government involved because they fear that these proposed changes will only put them on a path that the next step is nationalizing the banks, which was FDR’s intentions. It will kill out free market system. It wasn’t the sub prime loans, it was the continually lowering the interest rate that caused all of this.

Am I preaching doom and gloom? You bet your life I am. Open your eyes! Look what is happening around you. The cost of goods and services are going up. Paychecks are shrinking. Our dollar is being depreciated at a record rate. These are not the signs of a healthy economy. The federal government is feeding us a line of horse hockey, which the general public believes.

Well it is not only the feds doing this; it is the media who really is the problem. They focus on the same crap showing the family of 4 who has a $400k 3000 sq ft house with all the nice stuff and a need to buy even more. They maxed out their credit cards and tapping into their retirement because the big bad bank increased their mortgage payment $700 to cover the increase in the interest rate. Well too bad….. my wife’s friend is in the same situation – her mortgage payment is so high they are three months behind. I told her sell the house for what they owe the other day, repeating what I said before to her. She couldn’t grasp the idea that it is better to get out of the situation than to continue to mess with your credit and eventually lose the house under foreclosure.

Something bad is going to happen to us, something very bad. No one can stop it, and it is coming very soon.

Read my thread “It’s coming"

Vinnie T

Seasoned Expediter
Our Federal Income Tax is illegal to begin with! NAFTA...read my sig!

We are screwed! Bend over and get ready for the North American Union!

ron

Expert Expediter
I have to agree.The people of this country have become more selfish just so they can survive. There was a Russian leader that told then President Nixon at a UN meeting in the 60s during the cold war...."I can take over your country (referring to the U.S.)without firing a shot". He knew then if he got into our economy,and messed it up,we'd be done. A local college student looks at it this way. "Nothing is free,and there's always someone ready to take what you have away". As Roy Master's says "We are all asleep,as long as we have our booze,and our drugs,and other addiction...were happy. Meanwhile all our civil rights are being taken away. But as long as it happens to our neighbor down the street,and not to me I don't care". He also said "the reason we have more drug pushers,is because we have more pushovers". Very wise observations on his part.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Well come on, lets get an explanation, what makes it illegal and why?

If some say it, well where is the evidence?

IF there is a flaw in the language or meaning of the Amendment, do you honestly think any court would point that out? There would be anarchy! Not to mention the Amendment is itself unconstitutional, because it overrides the 5th Amendment which guarantees the government cannot seize your property without due process.

Frankly, if Exxon/Mobil pays as much taxes as the bottom 50% of income tax payers, the government should be looking to make other companies as successful as Exxon/Mobil, by lowering the corporate tax. Then, maybe we can elect some bright ppl to Congress who would eliminate income taxes.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
IF there is a flaw in the language or meaning of the Amendment, do you honestly think any court would point that out? There would be anarchy! Not to mention the Amendment is itself unconstitutional, because it overrides the 5th Amendment which guarantees the government cannot seize your property without due process.

OK so let me get this straight.. you don't know if there is a flaw in the amendment, language or meaning?

Well you do know the amendement was created to answer the Supreme Court's ruling of Pollock v. Farmers' Loan & Trust Co, 1895 and only that ruling. The wording was not meant to be anything but a clear message taken out of the decision to allow congress to levy a direct tax.

As far as the 5th amendment, that argument was struck down in United States v. Sullivan. 1927. Beside with the other arguments made over this under the 13th, 14th and 17th amendment nullifies the 16th is also untrue.

Frankly, if Exxon/Mobil pays as much taxes as the bottom 50% of income tax payers, the government should be looking to make other companies as successful as Exxon/Mobil, by lowering the corporate tax. Then, maybe we can elect some bright ppl to Congress who would eliminate income taxes.

Well tell you the truth, the problem is the tax system but the people don't get it. They could have a tax replacement in the form of the Fair Tax (it is better than what we have, and it will spur growth and help our economy) but people don't want to change, they like paying taxes and having the worst tax system in the world. Have you read the book or been to the site?

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Exactly what I said. If the court honestly believed those arguements using the 5th, 13th, and 14th Amendments to be true, do you think they would've said so? No.

About the Fair Tax... I've read enough about it to know that I don't like it.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Well the thing is it is a constitutional amendment, the last time I checked, one amendment does not cancel the other amendments out. This is not a good example but I will throw it in, the selection of the senators, it is in the constitution that the state governments have the right to select the senators but there is an amendment that now allows the people to directly vote for a senator. This does not mean that the articles override the amendment but it further defines the process and limits the rights of the people.

So what don't you like about it?

I look at it this way, no one likes the present system but no one wants to try something different. It looks like everyone who is against the change has battered women's syndrome (yes I know that is not the right term - forgive me), they don't want to change because they don't know what is next.

Packmule

Expert Expediter
Originally Posted by Tennesseahawk:
"Frankly, if Exxon/Mobil pays as much taxes as the bottom 50% of income tax payers, the government should be looking to make other companies as successful as Exxon/Mobil, by lowering the corporate tax."

Excellent point Hawkman!!! I had not looked at it in that light. Uummm!?!

Originally Posted by Tennesseahawk:

Hawkman, I too would like to know your take on the Fair Tax Reform. What is the down side in your opinion?

ratwell71

Veteran Expediter
I agree with most of you, but mostly with Greg. Read my post. I will continue this discussion in the morning.