Watch that freedom of speech

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter
Since you are back and still have provided no substantive response, I will conclude my initial evaluation was correct: you have no dispute with anything that was presented as factual in anything I linked.

Another worthy opponent for discussion. I relish the thought.....:)

If you noticed, I did not dispute the articles in which you linked, or the validity of content. It appears you really really want me to, but I assure you, with no arrogance intended....it is beneath me to do so. It was never my intention to dispute either side. I merely pointed out the venue sources you provide, will always offer those "types" of responses/reactions for good reason.

OVM covered it for me, and it matters little if his siding with Turtle was the intent, or no.

Perhaps in the faint hope you might dig a little deeper into what's really going on here, and cease in your attempt to prove to the rest of us (who do know what's actually going on) that it's OK to kill them by the millions, if it's the government doing it......but the less than intelligent people of TN are bigots because they hold no license to kill, while the sprinkling of some gas on a piece of machinery might validate your directed hate.

So, we're going to hurl insults to all those whom you linked.......while these people will be prosecuted for crimes against the Muslims, by a government who eliminates them by the millions, but will threaten prosecution against those who react to the lies? You may consider going from decaf, to a bold mix......if your looking to sell me that.

In other words...... Oh Luuuucy! You gotta alotta esplainin to do. ;)

Last edited:

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter
But there are 4 1/2 hours left in the truce!!! Yeah, like I care. :)

The truce was relevant to another thread; whereby religious dogma or beliefs were placed on hold, so as everyone could do as they wish with friends and family; rightfully so. We do have mature and understanding people on this forum. :D

Thanks for being one of them, and this might be considered a political thread. All bets being off.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We do have mature and understanding people on this forum. :D
smiley.jpg

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
But there are 4 1/2 hours left in the truce!!!
You probably just need a little Christmas cheer - here's something from where truces apparently don't exist.

It's the "Night Before Christmas, Gaza Version":

'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the strip
The IDF was shooting, even a gunship;

The bombs were dropped by homes without a care;
To ter'rize Palestinians who all lived there;

The children were bleeding all over their beds
While visions of cluster-bombs danced in their heads;

And mamma hit by shrapnel, and I by a round,
Watched our brains leak out, all over the ground.

When out in the street my neighbor was splattered
By a tank that crushed him like he didn’t matter

Away went my door splintered with a crash,
the house filled with tear gas followed by a flash

When what to my burning eyes did I find,
But a Merkava tank and eight soldiers inside;

With a bloodthirsty driver who howled, "Yippie!"
I knew in a moment he must be Bibi.

Deadlier than mines his commandos were insane
And he screamed, and screeched, and vomited their name:

"Now, Dayan! Now, Barak! Now, Peres and Ya’alon!
On, Levi! On, Mofaz! On, Eitan and Sharon!

Seize all the West Bank! Build an Apartheid Wall!
Now detain them! Torture them! Kill them all!"

(h/t Arun Gupta, wordsmith extraordinaire)

... Hala Abu Sabhika, 3 years old ...

... killed by an Israeli air strike, not 48 hours ago ...

enhanced-buzz-24809-1387928058-8.jpg

Israeli Airstrikes On The Gaza Strip Kill 3-Year-Old Palestinian Girl

Merry Christmas !

Last edited:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Another worthy opponent for discussion. I relish the thought ...
Well, we'll see if you are really up to the task ... and if you relish the actual activity ... as opposed to just thinking about it ...

If you noticed, I did not dispute the articles in which you linked, or the validity of content. It appears you really really want me to ...
Not in the least ... the facts are the facts.

but I assure you, with no arrogance intended....it is beneath me to do so.
Okey-dokey ...

It was never my intention to dispute either side. I merely pointed out the venue sources you provide, will always offer those "types" of responses/reactions for good reason.
Please elaborate - exactly what "types" of responses are these ?

Can you define them ... give them some form or character ?

And please do explain/define the "good reason" which motivates these sources ...

You seem to want to stereotype them in some manner ... which I find kinda odd, in that the sources I linked run the gamut politically, from left to right to some that might be considered rather neutral ...

OVM covered it for me, and it matters little if his siding with Turtle was the intent, or no.
Ahhh ... got it.

Perhaps in the faint hope you might dig a little deeper into what's really going on here, and cease in your attempt to prove to the rest of us (who do know what's actually going on) that it's OK to kill them by the millions, if it's the government doing it
I see you are a relatively recent arrival in these parts ... your unfamiliarity with me can thus be explained (... and excused ...)

......but the less than intelligent people of TN are bigots because they hold no license to kill, while the sprinkling of some gas on a piece of machinery might validate your directed hate.
A license to kill is not a requirement of being a bigot.

So, we're going to hurl insults to all those whom you linked.......while these people will be prosecuted for crimes against the Muslims, by a government who eliminates them by the millions, but will threaten prosecution against those who react to the lies?
To what "lies" are you referring ?

See if you can actually manage to answer the question with an illuminating answer ... without having to resort to some ambiguous two-step shuck-n-jive ...

You may consider going from decaf, to a bold mix......if your looking to sell me that.
In terms of coffee, I suspect what you consider "bold" I would refer to as pizz water ...

In other words...... Oh Luuuucy! You gotta alotta esplainin to do.
Seems to me I'm not the one who tends to communicate in a nebulous and obfuscatory manner ...

Consequently, I think the burden of explanation actually falls to you ...

Go ahead: step up to the plate and take a swing ...

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter
Mr RLENT (quoting a bunch of balloons will be skipped here)

I do understand your position on many fronts; from the Israel/Palestinian problem, the potential hate groups in this country, right up to and including, your seeming disdain for the Christian faith. So being relatively "new" to these here parts, should not mean there is no intelligence present for assessment of your ideals. You state them succinctly (most of the time) and with a good degree of intelligence yourself.

However, this poster does not seek to break everything down into minute detail in order to prove a point, nor will I be baited into a discussion trying to prove how your so right, or wrong, about any given issue. Your sources were not wrong, and no one made that claim. Those venues however are very much a part of a controlled debate, and Fox news is infamous for it. Who do you think these people work for? You? Me?

The hate in which you see from those in this country stems from a huge game being played "out there". Some people actually believe the Muslims are responsible for such things as The Patriot Act, NDAA, and the near complete erosion of rights in this country. But what the heck would give them that idea? Those same outlets you quote were all part of selling us the story about a bomber behind every tree.

But now? Were going to publish articles pointing out the retaliatory consequences of the very agenda we put forth? It's a very complex game being played and the reaction to a supposed enemy has been the same from the dawn of man. So while I do not condone or encourage any violence to this regard......it's going to come up, as it always does. What we have here is totally controlled, damage control. We're not only selling you the original lie, we're going to harness the blow back in which we knew all along would come.

This member will not debate petty points, while turning aside from the big picture. These goofballs in the controlled press are not going to sell me two separate and opposing stories at the same time. If their such a big threat....kick em all out. If there not, stop selling us the bull roar and threatening legal action for so called "hate" in which you yourself formulated.

You can't sell me that (Solon, or whomever) because I know the end game.

Last edited:

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter
ok...But here it is 24 hrs later and I couldn't remember what thread I posted what in........

I hear your pain. Had to cut one of three forums out, because I caught myself double posting in two of them. EO was on the chop block until I realized how much a hoot it is sometimes.

Just a waitin on some freight..............:p

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I hear your pain. Had to cut one of three forums out, because I caught myself double posting in two of them. EO was on the chop block until I realized how much a hoot it is sometimes.

Just challenge the resident "Debate experts" a bit more...It'll get ummmm interesting real fast....LOL

You could end up eating a sammich while driving a sprinter to a furniture store...

WanderngFool

Active Expediter

This time of year is seems like everyone and their brother is coming out with top 10 lists and self-improvement lists and the like. I read one the other day that advised dropping all forums. Not only do you save the time you spend reading and writing posts, there's one less thing to think about when trying to go to sleep. Boredom is bliss.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Your sources were not wrong, and no one made that claim. Those venues however are very much a part of a controlled debate, and Fox news is infamous for it. Who do you think these people work for? You? Me?
You didn't like any of the sources RLENT cited, because they're all part of the propaganda machine, and you don't trust them. You then went on to state that you would not need RLENT to to inform you of what's really happening around the world, implying that you have one or more trusted sources for news and facts around the world. That's why I wondered what constitutes an acceptable source, provided the information is nevertheless correct, hoping you would cite these important sources.

The hate in which you see from those in this country stems from a huge game being played "out there". Some people actually believe the Muslims are responsible for such things as The Patriot Act, NDAA, and the near complete erosion of rights in this country. But what the heck would give them that idea? Those same outlets you quote were all part of selling us the story about a bomber behind every tree.
It's pretty obvious what the heck would give them that idea. The first thing you need to do when wanting to attack someone is justify it. You do that first by creating the enemy and then by convincing as many as possible that they are the enemy. That's where the press comes in. Then, privately and publicly, you give the reasons for justification. In this case it is a religious crusade, classic Christians versus Muslims. Bush publicly used the term on the day of the 9/11 attacks, and then used it again 5 months later in another speech. "Events aren't moved by blind change and chance" Bush said, but by "the hand of a just and faithful God." From the outset he has been convinced that his presidency is part of a divine plan, even telling a friend while he was governor of Texas, "I believe God wants me to run for president. Also while governor, he stated more than once among 20 interviews with Houston Chronicle columnist Mickey Herskowitz, a Jew and close friend of the Bush family, that he ever became president of our nation he would invade Iraq and overthrow its President Saddam Hussein, because that's what God wanted him to do, to fulfill prophesy.

This conviction that he is doing God's will surfaced more openly. In his State of the Union addresses and other public forums, he has presented himself as the leader of a global war against evil. Not terrorism, but evil. On the war in Iraq, he said, "we do not claim to know all the ways of Providence, yet we can trust in them." God is at work in world affairs, he says, calling for the United States to lead a liberating crusade in the Middle East, and "this call of history has come to the right country."

During the building of the coalition of the willing, we now know from actual memos and from confirmation of the French president, that when President Jacques Chirac declined to be a part of the coalition, Bush informed Chirac that “Gog and Magog are at work in the Middle East…. The biblical prophecies are being fulfilled…. This confrontation is willed by God, who wants to use this conflict to erase his people’s enemies before a New Age begins.” Tony Blair was in agreement with Bush on this.

During the war with Iraq (and Afghanistan) every presidential briefing on the war included a cover page with a biblical verse on victory. Military operations were regularly named using biblical references (Operation Sword of the Spirit, Operation Helmet of Salvation, Operation Full Armor, etc.). Rifle scopes manufactured under military contract had "John 8:12" and "II Corinthians 4:6" etched next tot he serial numbers. "Jesus killed Mohammed" was scrawled on the sides of US Army tanks.

So the notion that Muslims are responsible for all sorts of evil things, like the Patriot Act, NDAA, and the near complete erosion of rights in this country, is a notion clearly orchestrated so that a war can be conceived and fought in God's name, to fulfill prophesy.

But now? Were going to publish articles pointing out the retaliatory consequences of the very agenda we put forth? It's a very complex game being played and the reaction to a supposed enemy has been the same from the dawn of man. So while I do not condone or encourage any violence to this regard......it's going to come up, as it always does. What we have here is totally controlled, damage control. We're not only selling you the original lie, we're going to harness the blow back in which we knew all along would come.
Yeah, seems a little hypocritical, doesn't it?

Oh, wait....

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter
Just challenge the resident "Debate experts" a bit more...It'll get ummmm interesting real fast....LOL

You could end up eating a sammich while driving a sprinter to a furniture store...

Want you to know, I did not take your warning lightly.

I've summoned Zeus and Thor to balance things out.....in the event their needed. :rolleyes:

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter
It's pretty obvious what the heck would give them that idea. The first thing you need to do when wanting to attack someone is justify it. You do that first by creating the enemy and then by convincing as many as possible that they are the enemy. That's where the press comes in. Then, privately and publicly, you give the reasons for justification. In this case it is a religious crusade, classic Christians versus Muslims. Bush publicly used the term on the day of the 9/11 attacks, and then used it again 5 months later in another speech. "Events aren't moved by blind change and chance" Bush said, but by "the hand of a just and faithful God." From the outset he has been convinced that his presidency is part of a divine plan, even telling a friend while he was governor of Texas, "I believe God wants me to run for president. Also while governor, he stated more than once among 20 interviews with Houston Chronicle columnist Mickey Herskowitz, a Jew and close friend of the Bush family, that he ever became president of our nation he would invade Iraq and overthrow its President Saddam Hussein, because that's what God wanted him to do, to fulfill prophesy.

This conviction that he is doing God's will surfaced more openly. In his State of the Union addresses and other public forums, he has presented himself as the leader of a global war against evil. Not terrorism, but evil. On the war in Iraq, he said, "we do not claim to know all the ways of Providence, yet we can trust in them." God is at work in world affairs, he says, calling for the United States to lead a liberating crusade in the Middle East, and "this call of history has come to the right country."

Accurate on all counts. Well stated, and no dispute here.

Now we have the cover story for the war, with the same silliness on display for those who bought Elvis XMAS albums, while cooing over that supposed Christian. It seemed everyone (but me) had a support the troops sticker......and it was not only church goers.

Now, do we have the real reason for the war? Cause that ain't it.