warrning bad owner

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
...said the man wearing orthopedic shoes.

th_groan.jpg

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
How about an argument over what a "palindrome is!" Let's try the word "racecar!" Perhaps we can sit here and argue over the semantics of the word "grammar." Or better yet we can get into a philosophical discussion on what the denotation and connotation of the words "proper grammar' actually imply. lol. Lets get ejumacated up in dis room.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
How about an argument over what a "palindrome is!" Let's try the word "racecar!" Perhaps we can sit here and argue over the semantics of the word "grammar." Or better yet we can get into a philosophical discussion on what the denotation and connotation of the words "proper grammar' actually imply. lol. Lets get ejumacated up in dis room.
I vote that we just talk about transporting expedite freight and tell the English teacher wannabe to stuff it :D :thumbup:

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
I vote that we just talk about transporting expedite freight and tell the English teacher wannabe to stuff it :D :thumbup:
How about we discuss expediting, and do so in a manner that suggests we are literate and weren't raised in the woods by bears?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Everyone's literacy level and communications skills are on display for all to see. Poking fun at typos and Autocorrect extravaganzas? Sure. But there's rarely any reason to malign someone for their level of writing skills (or, IMNSHO, usually their laziness). Those who want their stuff to be read and be taken seriously will make the effort to make what they write coherent and comprehensible. Those who want to marginalize themselves by their writings, so be it.

By the same token, there's nothing wrong with giving advice to someone who posts what appears to be little more than a regurgitated mass of unconnected words, so they might be taken more seriously in the future. Depends on how that advice is dispensed. We are, after all, Expediters, not mere truckers or a part of the huddled masses. We hold ourselves to a higher standard. Or we should.

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I find it intresting how a thread kinda takes on a life of it own.
B.T.W. I had a girlfriend when I was18, she was an inspiring teacher and she corrected spelling and grammer in my love letter. She must have been politicaly correct and concerned about my self esteme because she didnt use a red pen. L.O.L.

Bob Wolf

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
What gets me is when someone comes here asking for help, someone replies about their grammer without offering any response to the question. In my book that is just rude.

You know what's rude to me? Talking with your mouth full, chewing with your mouth open, one big paragraph (especially with no punctuation), and people who don't even TRY to use correct grammar.

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
We're all arguing grammar in a thread which has a misspelling in the thread title. Hmmm...

Actually, most of the stuff I see here is tolerable. Over on another forum I visit (MyOpera Debates and Discussions, a lot like our Soapbox only not as civil) we have a Scotsman who murders the Queen's English something fierce. Misspellings, disjointed thoughts and incoherent babbling make up much of his posting, and being able to decipher his ramblings can be a major challenge. By comparison, our worst grammar-manglers here come off looking like Rhodes Scholars. So,--- it could be worse.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Over on another forum I visit (MyOpera Debates and Discussions, a lot like our Soapbox only not as civil) we have a Scotsman who murders the Queen's English something fierce. Misspellings, disjointed thoughts and incoherent babbling make up much of his posting, and being able to decipher his ramblings can be a major challenge.

Sort of reminds me of moot.
:p

: ragman running from a crazied van driver :

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
Quick question Amonger. Are you always an azzhole or just when you're on here?

Feel free to correct spelling, grammer or between the lines thought. Answer the question if your capable!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter

Feel free to correct spelling, grammer or between the lines thought. Answer the question if your capable!

I suspect that, since you are what you type, the answer is likely to be "always."

But, does anyone besides me see the irony in the posting of that question in public instead of a PM?

It's kinda like someone admonishing another for spelling and grammar, while misspelling something in the admonishment. <snort>

AMonger

Veteran Expediter

· A comma would be appropriate after the word question;

· You misspelled grammar, after it's been corrected several times;

· It's "if you're capable."

Last edited: