warrning bad owner

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Well yeah, but since we're being anal orifices over this, I think it's actually "Ahem, it's grammar" ?

It's probably ok, for those of us that don't nitpick others spelling and grammar, to use the extra periods to express ourselves. However, I firmly believe that someone who does nitpick other people's spelling and grammar (YOU) should make darn sure that they use perfect spelling and grammar while doing so. Would you agree?
My use was correct. "Ahem" wasn't a word, per se, but a sound effect.
But when I do make a mistake, I appreciate it being pointed out.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What gets me is when someone comes here asking for help, someone replies about their grammer without offering any response to the question. In my book that is just rude.

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC 123

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I definitely have not mastered the language.
I can be annoying.
I have no problem being corrected as I want to improve myself.
I corrected somebody,don't even remember who, because he erred while complaining about correcting people.
it was tongue-in-cheek.
I seldom correct grammar unless I know the person well enough to be razzing them.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
What gets me is when someone comes here asking for help, someone replies about their ((grammer)) without offering any response to the question. In my book that is just rude.

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC 123

You misspelled the word "grammar!" lol

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Apropos of nothing at all:

Does anyone in here speak Hebrew as well as Moose does? Not me :p

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Apropos of nothing at all:

Does anyone in here speak Hebrew as well as Moose does? Not me :p

Hebrew_for_Dummies.JPG

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Minor stuff, I let pass, but when we're talking about stuff you learn in the first em-first grade, and here we are, adults...can't tolerate it. We wonder why we can't compete globally.
Fred Reed wrote a column about someone meeting a girl in her college dorm room. The girl had a Chinese roommate, but nobody ever saw her, because she was almost always in her room, studying. English wasn't even her first language, and she was going to graduate with honors (Android auto-correct wanted to insert "homos" there).
How, asked Fred, can we compete with that? Americans are fat, lazy, and entitled, resting on our laurels, while the Chinese lock themselves in their room and study, and don't come out until they're done.
Pride in literacy had better make a quick comeback, but the internet is making that unlikely.

Last edited by a moderator:

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver
interesting postings...... and info ...
i am super happy with the owner im with .....

but once upon a time.... i went to work for a woman owner, never met her in person. But she turned out to be lets say Bi Polar ... my x team partner and i had another name for her.
we worked for her for about almost 2 months ... and put in a lot of miles. and i mean a lot...
we didnt see much of a pay check, we always seem'd to have to make advances just to eat.
she would often tell us both how she was filing bankruptcy and was cutting up her credit cards. we found lease papers for the truck. and was worried that someday if we were taking a shower or eating... would find the truck gone, maybe due to late payments.
she would call us every single day .. and lecture us , or would call me and bad mouth my team partner , then would call my team partner and bad mouth me to her..
she tried to talk my team partner to come roomate with her.
i was the lead driver , and she would get mad at me for making load desions and running the truck like it was my own. then why was i a lead driver???
she would lecture us like lil kids... and then we discoverd that if asked her about her poodle dogs she was raising , she would do a flip and be a sweet and nice , then forget what she was lecturing you about.
soo we had enough of her craziness... lined up new owners to work for and switched and was soo soo much happier. ... needless to say her contract was booted from the carrier she was leased too ..
please excuse my typos..... ty

Last edited:

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I wonder if stream of consciousness writing became common only after the internet came to the masses, or if these people wrote that way in school, longhand.

Grammar Police Written Warning

Chief,
Please remember to use your question marks.
We're here to set a good example.
Thanks,Deputy Fife

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Grammar Police Written Warning

Chief,
Please remember to use your question marks.
We're here to set a good example.
Thanks,Deputy Fife
My post doesn't contain a question. "I wonder if..." is a statement, after which a period is appropriate.