Walmart Warns Employees if Democrats Win....

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Obama is officially on Wally`s hit list.

Wonder if they would close all the stores if the union got in. Like they did in Montreal?

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Well there is something really at stake for all business.

The Dems want to eliminate the vote of workers to unionize businesses, no more votes mean that they can unionize businesses quick and without any recourse. I have a strong feeling that if Obama gets in the WH, we will see this rammed though the congress without any debate, just a stright quick vote when the repubs are all home.

Jayman

Expert Expediter
Well...aside from this. I really dont see Obama winning. I know he is (at the moment) running a good race. But, with victory in Iraq on the horizon...that is one talking point that he has out the door. IF fuel prices continue to drop...well, thats a huge talking point that gets up and walks right out the door! Long live McCain! :)

mcbride

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I read this early this morning and thought "someone is finally getting it".

I read this early this morning and thought "political intimidation".

Wal-Mart knows that union workers usually earn higher wages, are more likely to have health insurance coverage, and more likely to have a pension program. Why on earth would they promote this?

Interesting to note that Wal-Mart spokesperson, Dave Tovar, has denied the implication.

The Associated Press: Wal-Mart denies that it told employees how to vote

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I read this early this morning and thought "political intimidation".

Wal-Mart knows that union workers usually earn higher wages, are more likely to have health insurance coverage, and more likely to have a pension program. Why on earth would they promote this?

Political intimidation?

Oh like what the UAW uses or the teamsters used to use or like what the teachers union uses to keep power?

How about not forgetting about the consumer who has to pay for these higher wages, deal with a the lack of accountability and a bunch of other stuff that causes a clear decline in customer service and product quality. What ever happened to real competition and an open market concepts?

The unions do so much when they are needed and no one forces anyone in this country to take a job. But maybe one of the biggest issues we face today is the fact that the union and the tax system actually chases jobs away from the country, because one is against management and profit and the other steals profit.

But again if people want to believe that the union in general are good things, wait until they see more small business close if the proposed non-voting pro-union bill gets passed and then there will be stopping a union. At this moment there is secret ballots but the unions are pushing hard for full disclosure to intimidate people into voting for the union - talk about intimidation!

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
I grew up in a union family, United Mine Workers of America. After WW2 ended, my Dad began his career in the union coal mines in Kentucky and spent the next 35 years underground. He would tell us how the union was great in the 40's, 50's, and 60's. By the time he retired in 1983, the union was decadent and corrupt. Hundreds of mines shut down operations rather than be subjugated by never-ending union demands. Today, some have finally reopened, but as non-union shops. If you let the union camel get its nose under the tent, commerce suffers terribly. Unions are the spawn of Marxism.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
nice scare tactic. wally doesn't pay employees enough to buy on sale merch to keep family profite up so they sure don't want a union.

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
You know WM action just might turn around and bite them in the ask. After the meetings about the dangers of voting Dem, it has employees thinking union. Organizers couldn't`t have a more perfect time.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
You don't seriously think Wal Mart would tolerate a union? No way.

4-5 yrs ago i was working at sams club. heard the story how the meat department was let go when they talked about bringing in the meat cutters union. whole department. brought in folks from other stores and hired new folks and no union.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
4-5 yrs ago i was working at sams club. heard the story how the meat department was let go when they talked about bringing in the meat cutters union. whole department. brought in folks from other stores and hired new folks and no union.

Post office will do the same thing with thier trucking comtractors...just a whiff of a union and they are gone!!

Jayman

Expert Expediter
Post office will do the same thing with thier trucking comtractors...just a whiff of a union and they are gone!!
In a way its odd, but non union is usually cheaper. The post office is unionized. My older bro works for the post office. Most dont know government employees are eligible for union representation. Actually, I was an elected union official for a government organization for about 3 yrs.