Waffle House at Truckstops

RedBird

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Since the Pilot has bought up some Petro's and Flying J's and removed their restaurants. Some Denny's and IHOPs have been installed, but I realized, why not contact Waffle House restaurants and see if they wouldn't be interested in coming aboard too and installing some of their restaurants in some of these vacant restaurant locations.

1. It will improve Waffle House business
2. It will expand their market besides being primarily located in the southeast, southwest and a few scattered in the east!

If any of you drivers out there think this would be a good idea and provide something different besides a Denny's or IHOP, contact Waffle House on their website and let them know! They do have great coffee and their food is awesome.

zero3nine

Veteran Expediter
Hard to beat waffle house for quality and value. Not to mention sitting at the bar and watching the employees is like a live sitcom.

fired at you from my Droideka

Monty

Expert Expediter
Actully, Pilot bought all the Flying J's ..(except the Broadway franchises), and the ink was already dry on the changeover to Denny's before they did.

As for Waffle House ..... nice to be in a B unit, no limits on how many Waffle Houses I can visit!

If you get a chance to be in Vandalia on the day shift, stop in and tell the girls Monty said hi ..... I assure they will kick ya right out! :D

Waffle House is fun because it is like home .. no pomp and ciscumstance ..... just hard working folks, having a good time and making everyone feel welcome.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Actully, Pilot bought all the Flying J's ..(except the Broadway franchises), and the ink was already dry on the changeover to Denny's before they did.

As for Waffle House ..... nice to be in a B unit, no limits on how many Waffle Houses I can visit!

If you get a chance to be in Vandalia on the day shift, stop in and tell the girls Monty said hi ..... I assure they will kick ya right out! :D

Waffle House is fun because it is like home .. no pomp and ciscumstance ..... just hard working folks, having a good time and making everyone feel welcome.

the waitresses are nice and good listeners too IMHO

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
I havent seen any IHOP's??? But I like Waffle House is a good place to eat but its rough on your stomach that night

BigBusBob

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Actually, as much as I like waffle houses, I don't think they should expand into all the truck stops. Perhaps a select few, but not all of them. it would be like Cracker Barrel, over the years their service and quality of food has gone down hill in an effort to keep costs down- when they've gotten too big there is some things that have suffered because of their growth.

Some of the J's that need a facelift or some of the Petro's (especially the Petro's) that need a facelift could really benefit from a Waffle House, since some Iron Skillets need to be melted and re-formed. Denny's in a truckstop to me is like putting a TGI Fridays next to a convenience store and gas station. but that's just me.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
You know when you come down to it, these are truck stops not gourmet restaurants. Some of them are alright but a lot of them have too many employees who don't care.

I tolerate the food they put out, some of it that I have seen come out of these kitchens I wouldn't let my dog eat let alone order it. I've walked into some of these places and walked right to the snack aisle because of the people working in these places, can't trust them to not get me sick.

I can in part understand some of the "loyalty" that happens, like who has the better coffee but really when you come down to it, the best way to get a good meal on the road is just to make it yourself.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
waffle haouses are all.franchised,dobt if you will ever find one in a truck stop,I just like to find one next to a truck stop.there are a couple in North Carolina with truck parking

Dbl chocolate chip my favorite,but not since I lost the 30 lbs.I still cheat and do crepes at Bob Evans

BigBusBob

Veteran Expediter
Driver
There's plenty of Waffle Houses with truck parking.
Start making a list on your dashboard pad... then mark them in your "next exit" book.
You will find that there are suddenly many new places to stop to rest your weary eyes...
with truck parking- by truck I mean room enough for 2 to 4 semi's easy.
There's a good many in GA, FL, TN, KY, VA, and more...
just start looking and marking them down.

Godwindaniel

Seasoned Expediter
I don't mind eating in Waffle House sometimes, but I would rather have Denny's because of the variety of food on their menu. Besides, Waffle House has always seemed more like eating at a fast food joiint than a regular sit down restaurant. They do have good breakfasts. I don't want to eat breakfast every meal. I prefer Petro restaurants to Denny's.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Godwindaniel, it appears you are waffling again. Be more decisive!

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
How about someplace that breakfast isn't the specialty? I know Dennys has other food, but have you had it, not good at all. If I were going to write and ask for something else breakfast places would be the last on my list.