Voting problems already.. let the conspiracies begin!

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
I'd really hoped to see no problems this year.. so that whichever way it went, it was decisive.. but already they start... ugh. In Greensboro, NC, early votes cast for Romney, came up Obama on the summary. Poll workers said it was a 'calibration issue'!!!

News Distribution Network - Shared Video

Dale

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Calibration issue. Shyeah, right. That's more likely code for incompetence. The Board of Elections Director said these problems happen with these machines, they don't know what the cause is, but they fixed it. If they don't know what caused it, how can they fix it? If they can fix it, then they know exactly what the problem is, and it's one that should have been prevented in the first place with the proper calibration from the get-go.

I'm a big fan of the old-style voting booths with mechanical levers. They prevent being able to vote for more than one candidate for an office, and it's clear and unambiguous which votes were cast. It takes longer to count them, but every vote gets counted.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Did the UN observers uncover this problem? Oh wait, they are here looking for voter suppression activities by conservative groups, not technical difficulties.

Monty

Expert Expediter
We have voting machines here in Ohio, it shows you, (before submission), what your vote was, and then prints a paper copy for the files.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Same thing happens with those machines in Greensboro, it shows you your selections before you finalize it, and then prints out a paper copy. That it (the machines in NC) showed the selections before the vote was final is what enabled people to catch it. One woman noted that she tried several times to vote for Romney before the machine would actually register the proper vote. It's likely that a few people didn't catch the error and voted the wrong way. It's also possible that, with a glitch with an unknown cause, could still incorrectly register votes despite what is on the printout. That happened 2 years ago with machines in Georgia and (I think) Indiana.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'm sure the fix is in, more so with this administration than any other in history. Criminals of the highest order.

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I brought that question up to the mayor (my next door neighbor) in the small town where I live. I asked him what would prevent these electronic voting machines from reading votes as wrongly programmed (on purpose) instead of reading what was intended. He assured that he personally checks the voting machines before Election Day. Thankfully he wants the same winner as most of us here at EO.

Humble2drive

Expert Expediter
I brought that question up to the mayor (my next door neighbor) in the small town where I live. I asked him what would prevent these electronic voting machines from reading votes as wrongly programmed (on purpose) instead of reading what was intended.

Wrongly programmed (on purpose)? :confused:

So your conspiracy theory is that the voting machines in the story were purposely wrongly programmed to pick 2 people (that was the number effected in the story) and have their vote pop up on the confirmation screen as incorrect where it can easily be corrected (as in the story) ending up with the correct candidate being voted for? :rolleyes:

BTW - Did the Mayor answer the question?

He assured that he personally checks the voting machines before Election Day.

Umm, guess he didn't answer the question? At least he did assure you that with his expertise in computer programming you could feel certain that 2 people would not have the same experience in your town. Whew!

Thankfully he wants the same winner as most of us here at EO.

That's awesome. Cause if he wanted that other guy I would still be worried about those machines.
BTW- I have not been able to find the polling results for the 16,241 members of EO.
So who is he voting for?

Disclaimer: The above post was meant to humorously point out the length to which some people will go to connect one small isolated non event to a much grander and evil conspiracy theory. If you are offended in any way, please contact your nearest moderator and ask for a full refund of your membership purchase price.

Last edited:

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Lets face it Oboma will most likely be the fuher for annother four years and when that happens say goodbye to our country. Tyrants stay in power by payoffs, cheating, and force.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Why not? Ron Paul votes were counted as Santorum & Romney votes. If you didn't ***** then, you can't ***** now.

There was mo need to change rp votes he never stood a chance to begin with.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC123 via EO Forums